Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

Reminiscing and Decision-Making.

The memory of mine and Rhea’s conversation about a month ago flashed in my mind.

“But Charley’s your boyfriend,” Rhea said, softening her tone when she realized I was getting pissed off.
“He’s not my boy-fucking-friend. He was. There’s a difference,” I huffed, glaring at her.
“He still likes you,” she stated after a while, looking down at her feet.
“I don’t care. I don’t want to have this conversation,” I said bluntly, starting to get up. She pushed me back down next to her. “You have to. He’s going to make a move when he sees you with Frank, and you’re going to get pissed off and slap him or something,” she said, trying to sound sympathetic.


She was right.
I pushed Charley away, in utter shock of what he did. I ran a hand through my dark hair, my fringe flopping back into place lazily.
“Charley, I-”
“I’m sorry.” I sighed, scratching my head.
“I shouldn’t of done that… I dunno, Sazzy… It’s just… You,” he rambled, looking down into his lap. I leaned forward, kissing him lightly on the cheek.
“Charley, I’m with Frank. I like him a lot, and… We’ve been through loads together. I can’t loose him, Charley,” I whispered, hugging him. I heard him sniff and pull away, rubbing at his eyes. He always did that when he was about to cry. Or just finished crying. In this case, it was probably the former.
“Charley, please don’t,” I whipsered again, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. He nodded slowly, wiping away a tear that had escaped from his peircing blue eyes.
“Charley,” he looked up, his eyes watery and still swollen from before. He rubbed at his eyes again, sniffing.
“You should… Go. Frank’s waiting for you. I…” he hesitated, looking back down again.
“Go.”

So I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
It’s Eid today, which is like… Kinda like a Christmas for Muslims =)
So I’m off to… Get stuffs off my family and eat lots of roasted potatoes while I watch everyone eat chicken and meat… And then trying to tell them to piss off in a nice way, and that I chose to be vegetarian.
Fun.
But it probably won’t be that bad… It’s my kid sister’s birthday, too. She’s ten now =)

Sorry the chapter is freakingly short, I thought I’d put people out of their misery.
And thanks for all the comments! I got four and I’m very happy =)
I also now have 50 subscribers, so thank you!
I love you guys.
xo