Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

Breathtakingly Beautiful but Heartbreaking.

Frank’s Point of View

That was two days ago.
Dad has lost part of his speech, and is learning how to talk again, just like a kid. He can only make noises.
Sazzy is always so sad. Mom looks drained and teary all the time.

“Frankie, please, could you at least just have a little bit of your dinner?” Mom asked me from across the dinner table. I shrugged, my elbow propped up on the table, my head resting in my hand. I pushed around the food on the plate with my fork, not really hungry. To be honest, I felt quite sick.
“Frank…” I heard Sazzy whisper. She didn’t really sleep at night anymore, and her voice kind of showed how tired she was. I sighed, stabbing a piece of quorn chicken with my fork, putting it in my mouth. Mom seemed to relax, and carried on eating. I carried on making crap out of my food, until I felt a hand on my knee. I looked to my left, seeing Sazzy give me a distraught look. I sighed again, and started eating my food.
“Thank you,” I heard her whimper. It almost broke my heart hearing her talk like that. I put my head down, shoveling food down me, wanting all emotions to pass.

“Sazzy,” I murmured into her ear.
We were lying on my bed after dinner, her eyes shut. She was tired, but I had to get it out.
“Mmm?”
“Why did you say thank you?” I rushed, not knowing what answer to expect. I held my breath. Her eyes cracked open, rimmed with red and darkish circles under her eyes.
“You ate.”
Her eyes bore into mine, just emitting sorrow. I sighed, propping up on my elbow.
“So?”
“You don’t seem to eat anymore. And you only drink water. Don’t you see what you’re doing to yourself, Frank?” I scowled, rolling onto my back.
“Go back to sleep,”
“No. You woke me, now... Frank,” she sat up, facing me. I didn’t move.
“You’re getting back into the habit of not eating. You’re going anorexic again, Frankie. I can’t bear it,” she whispered. I could tell she was scared of my reaction… or my lack of one. So I didn’t react.
“Frank… I thought you knew better.”
And she lay back down, and I witnessed the most breathtakingly beautiful action but also the most heartbreaking one; a single solitary tear sliding down from her closed eyelids, across her cheek and down her neck.
I lay back down next to her, crying myself silently to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have 66 subscribers for this story and 9 for the sequel to this.
Hahaha.

You've never been so used as I'm using you, abusing you
My little decoy
Don't look so blue, you should've seen right through
I'm using you, my little decoy
My little decoy