Stripes In The Devil

Chaptah Eight: "...I Don't Wanna Let You Go"

I ran my fingers through the back of his acid green hair and we kissed first softly but then more rough, more passionate. He pulled off his shirt and I ran my hands up and down his long thin back, his tongue still exploring my mouth. I moved so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. I pulled off my own shirt and then pulled at his lip ring with my teeth.

After a while we cooled off and I was lying on top of Nick with my head resting on his chest. Surprisingly I could still here the steady drone of Aaron’s voice interrupted occasionally by Ryan’s or Brendon’s. “So” I said quietly to Nick “what brings you back to see me here in Vegas?” He seemed to think for a moment before replying carefully “Well I talked to your cousin and we got it all worked out and thought I would – if you like the idea - I’d… move out here with you.”

I involuntarily jerked up into the sitting position. Nick groaned ads all of my weight went to his stomach. “Wait” I said breathlessly “by here do you mean in Las Vegas-” he nodded “-in this apartment-” he nodded again “-your moving here with me?” He nodded one last time. “OOOOOOOO!!!!” I squealed with delight. I jumped up and ran over to my tiny closet and pulled out the first t-shirt I saw which happened to be a Nirvana shirt. I pulled on the shirt and went over to my dresser.

I had had the dresser since my mom bought it for me with her own money when I was in the eighth grade. That was during the brief period where she had moved and taken me with her. There I go with too much information again. Anyway, I pulled my make-up box out of one of its drawers and began re-applying – a combination of green and black eyeliner to bring out the green in my hazel eyes. Of course I had to add some cherry red lipstick (my trademark).

“Get up Nick” I cried “we have to go celebrate!” He slowly got off my bed and pulled on his shirt. While I was waiting on his slow ass to hurry up, I quickly changed lip rings. Nick and I had gotten ours done at the same time – on my 17th birthday. My dad just about killed me for that one.

Okay we never got into my appearance so I guess I’ll do that now. Like I have said before I’m not very tall – only about 5’4” or 5’5”. At the time I was also very thin for my height at only 110 lbs (supposedly I should be around 120-125 lbs. but the doctors can go fuck themselves). My hair was very chunky and came just bellow my chin. It was a fiery shade of red that matched my glasses which were more of a deep crimson.

As for piercings and tattoos, I liked to have fun. I had the right side of my lower lip pierced (just in case I should ever want snake bites), and the left side of my nose pierced. As far as ears go mine were pretty normal – three on each lobe one on my left cartilage. I also had a tattoo on my lower back that said Straight Edge in fancy script. I had gotten that one on my own. My best friend Sara and I had also gotten tattoos on our necks that said Cecilia. St. Cecilia is the patron saint of musicians.

Now that that’s taken care of we can get back to the story. I dragged Nick out into the living room by the arm. “Hey guys” I said cutting off Aaron mid-sentence “we’re going out.” “Why” Ryan asked me. “This douche bag over here” I said gesturing towards Aaron “didn’t tell me that Nick was moving out here. We are going to go celebrate!” Aaron laughed “So where are we going Sunshine?”

“Oh, you’ll see” I replied mysteriously. “So are you two going to come help us celebrate this joyous occasion?” I asked the boys. Nick, who now had my hand, squeezed it painfully hard. “You don’t have to if you need to go home” I gasped, tears prickling my eyes. He loosened his grip quickly when he saw Ryan give me a concerned look. “Of course we’ll come” Ryan replied, a hint of worry in his voice.

We went out to dinner at an upscale restaurant where collector guitars and various other items lined the walls. We all ordered from the cheaper end of the menu. I was completely shocked when Nick ordered straight tequila “Since when do you drink?” I asked, highly concerned. “Since I found out that you were leaving…” he replied trying to pull my heart strings. He knew I had a problem with drinking and by the look on Ryan’s face, he did too. At the end of the meal we all split the tab. I was surprised again when Nick didn’t offer to pay for me.