Everything Is Alright

Just a Stupid Lie

I parked in front of me and Justin’s place. I had gotten off of work late. It had been so awkward since our argument. I had been coming home to Justin staring wordlessly at the tv screen, occasionally with a bottle in hand. We hadn’t been on speaking terms. I figured I would come home to the same thing tonight.

I put my key in the lock and pushed the door open quietly. I stepped inside. I heard voices speaking in low tones. I was confused. I headed for the living room. I stopped and stared at the scene in front of me. My stomach turned and my jaw dropped. Fucking hypocrite.

I cleared my throat loudly. Justin and the girl he was making out with on the couch straightened up.

“Betty…” Justin said. I stared wordlessly for half a minute, thoughts going in and out of my head too fast to allow me to think straight.

“I'm pregnant and it’s yours, Justin,” I lied, saying the first thing that popped into my head to make that girl leave. He stared at me blankly with his mouth open at the lie, looking dumbstruck.

Just a stupid lie.

Funny how a little lie can change the course of an evening.

We both stared at each other, knowing we had never come anywhere close to sleeping with each other. I might have laughed if I wasn’t so mad at him.

“I’ll…I’ll go now,” the girl said awkwardly, looking thoroughly embarrassed as she headed for the door.

“What the fuck’s your problem, Justin?” I exploded after hearing the front door close. He got off the couch.

“Me? Me?” he repeated incredulously. I glared at him. “You just told her you were fucking pregnant!”

“So?”

“Why would you even say something like that?”

“How else would I get her to leave?” I asked meanly.

“Oh, I get it. So you're allowed to bring people home, and I’m not?”

“I never said that,” I argued. “And I didn’t do it for revenge, like you!” A change in his facial expression told me I was right. “Do you even remember her name?” He didn’t respond. “You really piss me off sometimes, Justin,” I informed him in disgust, before heading for my room and locking myself in. I heard my stomach growl, realizing I hadn’t eaten dinner yet. I ignored it.

I could not handle being in the same room with Justin Pierre right now.