Everything Is Alright

So Sorry, Its Over

I heard the doorbell ring through my sleeping pill-induced coma. I managed to drag myself to the door and open it. It was the guys. I groggily let them inside.

“What’s up?” I slurred, not sure they understood me.

“Did you take pills?” Josh asked immediately. I half shrugged and nodded. “How many?”

“Not a lot.” He rolled his eyes but didn’t say anything.

“What happened last night?” Matt asked suddenly.

“It’s over,” I informed them indifferently.

“Sorry, Justin,” Jesse interrupted. “It was my fault. I don’t know why I said that.” I shrugged.

“You didn’t know what you were saying.” I sighed heavily. “It wouldn’t have worked out anyway.” I glanced at them. “I don’t have a chance with her.”

“Justin-” Josh began. I cut him off.

“It’s no big deal. It’s not like we even had anything. We’re just friends,” I said dully. “Old friends.” I went to sit on my couch. They joined me.

“I'm dating her friend,” Tony blurted. “Nicole.”

“Good for you,” I said, as non-sarcastically as possible.

“What’s eating you?” Jesse asked.

“Nothing,” I said shortly. Right. I was upset. And amazed. How does she get to me every single time? I guess that’s just the way she is.

Take it or leave it.

**********************************************************************************

Liz’s POV

“Saw you yelling at Justin last night. What happened?” Nicole asked me as I walked into the living room. I sighed and joined her on the couch.

“I broke up with him.”

“You what? Why?” she demanded.

“I was a bet, Nicki. He doesn't even care. Or at least not like I thought he did.”

“What are you talking about? Of course he cares.” She said it so logically.

“How do you know?” She turned from the tv to stare at me.

“He calls you Betty, right?”

“Yeah, so?” She picked up the cd that Jesse had given me and tossed it to me.

“Haven't you listened to their music?”

“No,” I said honestly. I forgot I even had the cd.

“Listen to number three,” she instructed. “The Future Freaks Me Out.” The phrase sounded very familiar to me. She brightened a little.

“Oh, did I tell you?”

“What?”

“Tony asked me out.”

“Good for you,” I said dully.