‹ Prequel: Iron Skye
Sequel: The Bird
Status: In Progress

Iron Maiden

Chapter 1

Waking up with all of the items in your room floating around wasn't exactly normal. I knew something was off about me after the whole incident at Stark Industries but, I never expected it to be this extreme.

And I couldn't even call for my dad because he was on his way to New York to debut the new Stark Expo.

I calmed down, taking deep breaths and trying to drop everything to the floor. It had been six months since my dad had revealed to the world that he was Iron Man. And it had been six months since this started.

I would wake up in the middle of the night with a splitting headache, then wake up in the morning with everything floating around the room.

I did some Lamaze breathing while rubbing my temples. I could only seem to control it when I was relaxed. It would flare up when I was upset or angry, as my father learned when we were arguing in the garage and the Audi was floating two feet off the ground.

I clenched my eyes closed and there were various thuds as the items that were floating settled themselves on the floor. My room looked like a tornado had blown through it.

"Miss Potts is requesting your presence in the kitchen, Miss Stark. "

"Thank you, JARVIS." I said, climbing out of bed.

I found my bunny slippers under my lamp then made my way to the kitchen.

"Skye," Pepper was sitting at the table, various Web pages open around her. "Your dad's birthday is coming up and I was looking for something to get him."

"How about a new watch?"

"He has enough watches. I was thinking of something more...sentimental."

"Watches can be sentimental." I put my chin in my hand.

She gave me a look "What's going on with you, huh?" She closed the pages, turning to face me.

"It's just, things are going back to the way they were before this whole Iron Man thing happened. I'm just scared he's going to forget me again."

"Hey," she took my hand. "Your father may be an egotistical narcissist, he's still your father. I'm sure if you keep things the way they were, they'll stay that way."

I gave her a half hearted smile.

The Stark Expo was just what I had thought it would be. A big blast of my dad's ego.

I was down in the garage, the coverage of the Expo playing in the background. My dad had remodeled the garage after the incident of him falling through the roof. It wasn't so much a garage anymore, it was more of a workshop.

I was in my dad's chair, working on my homework. I had decided to study electrical engineering and I was currently having JARVIS teach me how to build an arc reactor like my dad's. I could only do this while he was away because when he was home, he lived down here.

"Miss Potts is approaching. " JARVIS alerted me

"Thanks." I said, covering my notes on the reactor with some doodles I had done earlier.

"Skye, I need you to pack a bag and get ready to leave immediately."

"Wait...why?"

She turned to walk away and I grabbed my books, following after her.

"We're catching the red eye to D.C."

"D.C.?"

"Your dad has a hearing with the Senate Armed Services Committee."

"So my dad's in trouble."

"Either he is, or he's going to be."
♠ ♠ ♠
Brownie points to whoever can name the movie that last line is from! As always I don't own anything you recognize and I hope you enjoy the sequel as much as the first.