‹ Prequel: Iron Skye
Sequel: The Bird
Status: In Progress

Iron Maiden

Chapter 6

I stared at my dad, fully dressed in the Iron Man suit, drunk off his ass, dancing in front of everyone else who was drunk. I felt someone come up behind me.

"I don't know what to do." Pepper said.

"You gotta be kidding me." Oh good. Rhodey was here too.

I watched as my dad fell over, breaking the glasses on the wall behind him as the crowd cheered him on.

"That's it. I'm making..." Rhodey went to walk away.

"No, no, no. Don't call anyone." Pepper pleaded.

"This is ridiculous. I just stuck my neck out for this guy."

"I know. I know. I get it. I'm gonna handle it, okay? Just let me handle it."

"Handle it, or I'm gonna have to."

"You know, the question I get asked most often is 'Tony, how do you go to the bathroom in the suit?'" My dad closed his eyes for a second. "Just like that."

Pepper walked up on stage, taking the Mic from my dad. "Does this guy know how to throw a party or what?" The crowd cheered as my dad saluted them." Unbelievable. Thank you so much. Tony, we all thank you for such a wobderful night. And we're gonna say goodnight now, and thank you all for coming."

"No, no, no we can't...wait, wait, wait." Pepper lowered the Mic and they shared a few words before she handed my dad the Mic. "Pepper Potts." My dad said, making his way down the stairs. "She's right. The party's over. Then again, the party was over for me like, an hour and a half ago. The after party starts, in 15 minutes." I could feel Rhodey tense next to me. "And if anybody, Pepper, doesn't like it, there's the door." My dad pointed, his blaster going off, shattering the glass waterfall. Peper looked over at Rhodey and I desperately.

One of the girls in the crowd threw a bottle up in the air and my dad blasted it. Rhodey pulled me behind him as glass went everywhere.

He placed a hand on my shoulder before hurrying down the stairs to the garage.

"Rhodey!" I followed him, running as fast as I could in heels.

"Skye, I need you to leave. This could get ugly."

"I know. It will. I had already planned on it. I can't do this anymore."

"Where will you go?"

"The condo in New York City. It's the safest place I could be."

He nodded. "Be careful. If you need anything, call me."

I nodded and climbed into ny dads Saleen S7 as Rhodey put on the War Machine Armor.

He nodded to me as I drove away from the house and to the airport.

...

"She's gone, sir."

"What do you mean gone?"

"She disappeared from the party last night. None of our agents saw her leave.

Nick Fury sighed. He couldn't have made his point clearer to them. Don't let Skye Stark out of their sight.

"Get an agent in every major city in the U.S. I want eyes on every security camera in every building in every city. We need to find her. Now."

"What do we tell Stark?" Natasha asked.

"We tell him we have her in a safe place and that she's well taken care of. He needs to fix himself first."