‹ Prequel: Iron Skye
Sequel: The Bird
Status: In Progress

Iron Maiden

Chapter 7

I hadn't even been in New York 24 hours before I was already running for my life. I could hear two pairs of feet behind me and they were gaining quickly. I sprinted down an alley before a hand grabbed my coat, pulling me backwards. I slammed into a body, a very large male by the feel of it. His hand clamped over my mouth before I could make a sound. There was a prick on my neck and I was out.

...

I was being jostled around when I came to. My hands were cuffed behind my back. By the distinct swaying feeling I knew I was being carried, but I kept my eyes closed.

"Good, good. You found her." My stomach knotted at that voice.

I was, rather rudely, dropped on the floor, a groan escaping me when my shoulder made contact with the tile.

"That's no way to treat our guest." I opened my eyes to see for myself. "Take her handcuffs off. We want her to be as comfortable as possible."

"Hammer." I groaned out. "How did you find me?"

He squatted down by my head. "It was simple really. A little deception and some technology."

"I'm so stupid." I whispered as he held up the necklace. "What do you want from me?"

"What do I want from you? Nothing. You're doing your part by just being here." He motioned to the two guards behind me. "Now, I want to introduce you to a good friend of mine. A buddy whose helping me out." The guards hauled me to my feet, dragging me along the hallways.

They came to a stop in front of a door which Hammer unlocked. I was thrown in the room and the door was shut and locked. I turned from my spot on the floor and gasped when my eyes landed on the other person in the room.