A Parade of Sweet Nothings

The End

They’re quite welcome to be here, of course welcome to attend this tragic affair, ah and such a tragedy it is. Come now dear, gaudy make-up is not for a day like this, you are supposed to be mourning, not in such flamboyant attire, and what of that dress my dear? It’s in not appropriate, dye it black and mix in with the rest of this dreary sea of sad faces. Do be careful though, you may wake-up and realise without that make-up and colour that you’ve been pretending to be someone your not.

Look in the mirror here my dear, what is it you see? You don’t like your reflection anymore love? Perhaps now you’ll understand why I hate mirrors too, understand me. Now come along with the rest, and gather round like all the other animals we are and kiss this pretty face goodbye, let’s be done with this. Smile and smile, and smile again, I doubt you’d cry over such things as me anyway.

Yes, such a bruise, like a purple flower blooming in the snow on my forehead. The funeral procession? A Jaguar if you please darling, we’ll do it in style or you shan’t bury me at all. I’m resigning myself to death and from life, how about it, darling, let’s make it like old times and I’ll wear a dress. I always did look gorgeous in drag. Yes, that’s it, right there, so close to my final resting place, do sit down, it’s going to be a party of sorrow and regret my lovely, a ball if you will, that sounds so much more interesting. I wanted to be a- Oh but I mustn’t say what I wanted to be when I grew up, for I never will, forever a young man I’ll be. I’ll make it easier for you, I want to be nothing, nothing at all, this phantom I am now is enough.

Yes, yes, come along, come along, save me with yourself, get out of here and run for you life, and in a way mine, you’re rather too young to die my dear so don’t save me, you can’t anyway. You can hear me I know, so walk away, and take the bit of my soul you’ve always had with you, for my sake, never let that bit go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like it. xoxo