Shades of Gray

Writing On The Walls

I went out to the car and got my suitcase, since I wasn't going to need it at my parent's house. Whenever I came back into the apartment, carrying my luggage, Gabriel wasn't in the kitchen anymore. I shrugged and put my things next to an empty couch, and was just about to sit down before Gabriel interjected.

"I have an extra bedroom," he stated, quietly, before heading back into the small hallway, past the living room. I followed him, looking around. As with every room, the walls were lined with books. The bed was neatly made, accompanied by matching end tables and lamps on both sides. I recall Gabriel's room being like this, and imagined his current room the same. He was organized, at times, a neat freak. But somebody had to be.

"Thanks," I said, looking back to where Gabriel was standing, but he was gone. I walked back into the living room, and turned my head to the kitchen, the place where Gabriel was now located.

Walking back into the living room, I looked around. My luggage was still on the couch, but I told myself I would take care of that later. I also remembered that I needed to check by my parent's house, and see how they were faring.

"Gabriel?" I asked, breaking the silence. Originally standing in front of the stove, he turned around. "Yeah?" he answered. "I think I'm going to go visit my parents, for a while," I told him. It would probably be a good thing if I saw how they were, and the tension I sensed might melt some while I'd be away, I thought. "If you want, I'll pick something up for us to eat," I offered. "Yeah, that's fine," He said before opening his refrigerator, staring in it. I knew he wasn't really listening, so I left.

* * *

Son of a bitch!, he yelled aloud as soon as she had stepped out the door. "What am I going to do, what am I going to do," Sylar muttered to himself, closing the fridge door. He couldn't afford Alison finding his concealed room, full of artifacts and pictures of other people who were special. People like him, waiting for their powers to grow to their true potential. But Gabriel wouldn't wait. He felt their powers belonged to somebody who truly deserved them. Somebody like him.

Beyond that room, was a closet. Needless to say, if anybody dear to him found it, he'd be committed. During times of remorse, regret, and most of all, anger, he'd spill his own blood, or have some from his victims, writing out phrases like forgive me and I have sinned.

Granted, he didn't have to explain that he was Sylar. He doubted the name had even crossed her ears before. But there was no other way to explain the sight in his closet.

Therefore preventing any complications, he sealed the two rooms. The first was already concealed behind a mirror, but Sylar managed to lock them more securely, at least.
Hopefully that will save unnecessary problems, he thought to himself, sitting down on his couch to rest before Alison came back.