A Little Act of Seance

006

Rex and Robert lead the small girl down a maze of hallways and doors until they came upon a certain room. Sarah had no time to read the words that were engraved on the silver plack above the door, due to the fact that she was pulled into the room quicker then she thought possible.

The room was a bland grey, much like the rest of the rooms in the building. I big metal chair sat in the center of the room, surrounded by computers, and noisy, beeping machines. Gerard sat at one of the uncomfortable looking office chairs in front of a large computer screen.

"Sit," instructed Robert, pointing to the metal chair. Sarah jumped onto the chair, gasping from the coldness of the metal against her legs. Gerard stood up and walked toward her, looking more guilty then she had ever seen him in the short time that she knew him. He forced a weak smile.

"Sarah, honey," his voice cracked, "We're going to give you some medicine. The doctor says it's going to help make you better." Sarah looked behind him curiously to see a man that must have been only a few inches taller then Sarah herself. His glasses were pushed up his nose as far as they possibly could go, along with his pants, being pulled up almost to his chest. A long, white trench coat adorned his torso.

"But I'm not sick," she interjected.

"Yes, I'm afraid you are," said the man in the trench coat who Sarah correctly assumed to be the doctor. Sarah shrugged, knowing from her parents that she should always listen to the doctor. Without another word, she saw the doctor pull out a shiny, metal object from his trench coat pocket. Gerard winced and turned away.

"You're going to have to put up with it, Agent#23," said the doctor, grabbing his shoulder and turning him around. Gerard shuddered and avoided his gaze from directing to the syringe. "Hold her."

"I-I can't," he said with a quavering voice.

The doctor sighed impatiently. "It's your job, Way." Gerard looked at the girl agonizingly, and took hold of her hands.

"Now, listen to me, Sarah, okay?" he said, his voice shaking. The girl nodded. "If you feel sick, or if you start to hurt, just tell me. I can make them stop." Sarah glanced into his eyes, confused, but nodded.

Her small whimper echoed through the room as the doctor injected her. Gerard's face went as pale as snow. Pushing the last of the content into her blood stream, the doctor pulled the needle out and stood back. Everyone was silent.

"Do you feel different, #5467?" asked the doctor, using her new name (or rather, number). Sarah shook her head, her eyebrows furrowed.

Suddenly, her body began to shake. She screamed, just as her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Horrible spasms sent her body into painful tremors.

"Stop!" Gerard cried. "Some thing's wrong!" The doctor shrugged and scribbled something down on his clipboard. "For God's sake, help her!"

Robert held Rex in terror as the girl continued to shriek. Finally, the doctor took out yet another syringe and pushed it into Sarah's body, causing her body to cease it's violent shaking.

Her chest moved up and down in quick, short breaths, her face as white as paper. Every so often, a small, weak whimper would emit from her quivering mouth. Gerard picked her up in his arms and cradled her, attempting to cover up a small sob that he let out helplessly. Rex and Robert had finally come to their senses and walked up to the two, also very pale.

The man in the white trench coat pulled out a recorder from his pocket and brought it up to his mouth, pressing the button and muttering into it motionlessly; "Drug test unsuccessful."
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter might skip alot of time.

Does anyone who's willing to help me know how to make a good story layout?
Because I fail at layouts. Just message me if you're interested.

Again, comments = love. ^_^