Untitled

Edward's Good Mood

Edward Cullen quietly stepped out into the the meadow he knew as his own.

The slightest of smiles crossed his face as he ignored the voices of many forest creatures.

"Please don't step on me," a quiet yet extremely squeaky voice said from below him.

He looked down and saw to his amusement, a small lady bug. "No worries today little friend, I won't be stepping on you!"

The bug didn't do anything.

Edward continued to just stare at the bug.

"Oh god, why does it keep staring?" The lady bug flew off.

"Bye!" Edward waved at the bug.

He gave a quiet hum as he began to strut forward at a human pace, "Today, the world is mine!" He gave a gleeful laugh.

That's when he heard it.

The quiet screams of those in pain.

Of those dying.

And he knew it was all his fault.

"Nooooo!"

"My baby!"

"Oh cool, a dead body-AHHH!"

"Ayyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee!"

"Oh no!"

"My leg!"

He looked down to see that he had stepped on a pile of ants.

"My friends! I'm so sorry!" He gave a dry sob, and fell to his knees. His hands picked up a mound of dirt where the ants fled down his hands and arms.

One of the ants stopped on the tip of his finger, turned, and stared at him.

"What the hell man?"

Edward gave another dry sob, "You've no idea how truly sorry I am."

Three other ants perched on the ends of his fingers, and he reached out to pet one, just to pet. But beneath his finger, he accidentally crushed it's body.

"Oh my god, you killed Kenny-ant! You bastard!"

And so, Edward would never be the same again.