Self Conclusion

Self Conclusion

Frank Iero stood on a narrow bridge in New Jersey that ran over the Passaic River; he was looking downward over the edge of the rusty railing into the depths of the dark water below. It had been nearly a week since he returned from Newark where he had gone after his long tour to visit his parent’s graves.

The wind around the young boy named Frank Iero rustled slightly causing his hair to fly around his head madly. Something stirred in the distance slightly and quick distant footsteps were growing louder as they approached.

Frank looked up from his concentrated spot on the murky depths of the water and turned to the source of the footsteps; a shadowy figure was approaching him. When the mysterious figure got close enough he found himself looking into the face of a beautiful girl with flowing blonde hair and blue eyes.

The girl caught sight of Frank and approached him cautiously staring him straight in the eye, "Excuse me, sir, But I have plans to die tonight. Oh, and you are directly in my way and I bet you're gonna say it's not right."

Frank’s eyes rolled over the girls outline; she was wearing converse, torn and faded jeans, and a black band t-shirt with the words ‘The Used’ printed over it. He opened his mouth slightly and replied:

"Excuse me, Miss But do you have the slightest clue of exactly what you just said to me and exactly who you're talking to?"

She kept her eyes locked on Frank’s; the wind blew around them slightly and his hair flew back from his forehead. Her eyes left him momentarily as he caught sight of his eyes, she then looked away and said, "I don't care, you don't even know me."

Frank flattened his hair back over his forehead and arched an eyebrow, "I know but I'd like to change that soon, hopefully." He looked straight into her sad eyes, unblinking.

The girl sighed and walked over to the edge of the bridge railing looking down into the depths, "You make it sound so easy to be alive but tell me, how am I supposed to seize this day when everything inside me has died?"

Thoughts of Frank’s empty and lonely room leapt to the front of his mind, "Trust me, girl I know your legs are pleading to leap But I offer you this easy choice Instead of dying, living with me." He looked at her hopefully.

She looked around at Frank like he was insane; her hair whipping around her face wildly, "Are you crazy? You don't even know me."

Frank broke his gaze from the beautiful girl and looked down into the inviting depths of despair, "I know, but I'd like to change that. I would be lying if I said that things would never get rough. And all this cliché motivation, it could never be enough.

"I could stand here all night trying to convince you but what good would that do? My offer stands, and you must choose.”

The girl backed away from the rail slightly, "All right, you win, but I only give you one night to prove yourself to be better than my attempt at flight. I swear to god if you hurt me I will leap, I will toss myself from these very cliffs. And you'll never see it coming."

Frank moved closer to the girl and laid his hand softly on the girls shoulder, "Settle down, I know what you're going through just ten minutes before you got here I was going to jump too.” Frank looked into the girl’s eyes and saw a tear leak from the corner of her eye, “What is your name?” He asked her in an almost whisper.

“Hannah Proctor.” She replied not looking at him.

“Frank Iero.” He said.

Frank took Hannah’s upper arm and gently guided her away from the edge of the bridge and off into the surrounding darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and maybe commenting ;D