Room 608

Two

So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. - Ecclesiastes 2:17

Last night, I was woken by the sound of screaming. It wasn't the most pleasent thing, but I thought nothing of it...it happens often here; I went back to sleep, after all, it was five in the morning, and I was tired.

Can you imagine my shock, when I was told that the screaming in the night had been Zac walking into the bathroom and finding Ian Watkins on the floor? Surely that wasn't so frightening, even if Zac wasn't the bravest of people. Well...not if he had a knife sticking out of his neck. I can understand the screaming.

At first they tried to keep his suicide quiet, but a whisper got out. They had threatened to put Zac in solitary, but it was not he who has started the rumor, rather a gossiping girl from across the corridor who had seen the body carried away. The wardens thought that that would be the end of the matter, and it pretty much was. By lunch time, everyone knew where we stood with the business and no-one spoke of it. So that was the end of Ian Watkins. Born, sent here, turned sixteen, killed himself and forgotten in the space of twelve hours. Sad, I know, but we deal.

Down to business, it ment that the, now empty, bunk beneath me would soon be occupied. I suppose I had better tell you who everyone is before I introduce anybody new. On the top of the bunk opposite is Quinn, and sat next to him is Jepha...short for Jepharee. Quinn's a nice guy, but he has horrible mood swings...once he even had the guts to smack Zacky in the mouth during an angry one, but he doesn't get them so often now. What can I say about Jepha? His mother was a hippie, but he went all gothic. Still, nice guys.

There's nobody in the bunk below, mainly because he rolled off it about half an hour ago and onto the floor. That's Spencer anyway...sometimes he just goes to sleep for no aparant reason. It's called narcolepsy...I looked it up on wikipedia. He still gets yelled at for it, even though it's not his fault. He doesn't have too many friends in here, mainly buddies up with Brendon Urie from nextdoor when we're allowed to wander around freely.

Them playing blackjack in the corner are the "tough guys". You don't mess with them, under any circumstances. The one with the purple hair is Zacky, the one in the vest top is Brian (or Syn as he insists everyone calls him) and the one in the sunglasses in Matt (although we call him Shadows for reasons that I shall explain shortly). As I said, you don't mess with them. They could snap your arm like a twig.

Then there's Mikey. He's Gerard from nextdoor's little brother and such a squealer. Lay a finger on him and he'll threaten to go running to big brother. Rule number one about life at the institute. Gerard is always right. The only person that has ever dared stand up to Gerard is Syn, and that ended with two broken noses. One each. Stalemate. Everyone hates Mikey's guts.

The small kid on the bunk closest the door is Matt (or Bellamy as most of us call him to distinguish him from Shadows). He's very, very, very weird. At the moment, he's drawing over the veins in his arms with permenant marker. Freak.

Then there's Zac, my little brother. Aparantly he looks like me, but I don't see it. I love him though, he's the only bit of my family that I see anymore. It's kind of sad really. He's talking to Bert, who's pretty normal really. He went a bit weird after being in solitary for a week, but I suppose that would do that to anyone.

Sometimes, Hayley from the girl's dorm across the corridor will visit. She's started bringing her friend Amy along. Oh, I almost forgot. Hayley is my unbelievably hot girlfriend. I mean...just wow. How did I get her?

Just before lights out, some blond haired kid was shoved into the room so fast that I hardly saw the warden. Everbody looked up, and he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Hi...I'm Dom."