Room 608

Three

"A man snatches the first kiss, pleads for the second, demands the third, takes the fourth, accepts the fifth--and endures all the rest." - Helen Rowland

"Dom" immediately gravitated over towards Bellamy, which struck me as odd. I had seen many people come and go from this dormitory, and Bellamy had been here longer than I, not one had been what I would call "friendly" with him. He was a lost cause. If you were to speak to him, he'd either answer you without looking up at you, or stare into your eyes and forget to answer. Strange child.

"Aren't you going to tell us about yourself?" Jepha asked from his perch on Quinn's bunk. Looking around sheepishly, it seemed that "Dom" knew scarcely anyone cared about him...But Jepha had asked.

"My name is Dominic Howard..." he had scarcely let his surname roll off his tongue before Jepha cut him off.

"That's my surname too! My name is Jepha Howard." I groaned, going back to doodling on a blank notepad. I caught snippets of information as I drew black lines and squiggles on the lined paper. He wasn't really any different to the rest of us...just in name and appearance. Another sob story nut case, doomed to hell. Dominic said that he was fifteen, and that his parents had sold him out for under a hundred thousand. Well that sucked. At least the Farro parents had settled for paying the mortgage, the car loan and then 200,000$ for each of us.

Glancing across at the clock on the wall, I could see that it was almost 9 o'clock, and began to wonder where Hayley was. As if she had heard my thoughts, Hayley and her friend tumbled through the door at that precise moment.

"Josh! Where are you my darling!?" I rolled my eyes, as the blur of orange hair made its way up the ladder to my bunk. Hayley and I shared a butterfly kiss, and then a real, passionate one lip to lip.

"Eww! Not in here you two!" Quinn moaned at us. A collective sigh echoed across the dorm at his childishness.

"Hypocrite! You and Jepha do it all the time." Hayley yelled back at him, lips parting from mine. I sighed, licking her saliva from my lips. I might have neglected to mention that Quinn and Jepha were dating before but...what does it matter.

"Yeah, well I'm better at it than your boyfriend there!" Oh dear. He had dragged me into this, sighing, I moved down the ladder.

"No you aren't!"

"Yes I am!"

"No you aren't!"

"WILL YOU TWO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!" That was Mikey, who promptly threw a book across the room which hit me in the forehead. "IF THIS DOESN'T END NOW, GERARD WILL END IT!"

"Look. There is only one way to settle this..." Bert began.

Oh dear Lord, please no!

"A kissing competition! Jepha and Hayley are biased and aren't allowed to judge, so I will do it." I looked across at Bert's smug expression. That guy was some kind of bisexual pervert, seriously. I would have declined had it not been for the glare on Quinn's face.

"You first then Quinn!" he shuffled forwards towards Bert. I swear that I heard Zacky in the corner say:

"This ought to be fun." Their lips made contact, both had there eyes shut although only Bert appeared to be enjoying it. Quinn looked utterly disgusted. After about thirty seconds, he pulled away.

"Good...but..." Bert stated, "I bet Josh can top it." I took a deep breath, then placed my lips on his. His tounge slid into my mouth, and I wrapped mine around it. It slipped out of my grasp, and I pursued it over my lip ring until I had caught it. Actually, Bert wasn't so bad, but he needed to clean his teeth very badly. Eventually, I had had enough and pulled away.

"Hate to say it m'boy, but young Joshwar wins." Bert said in a fake English accent, I raised my arms victoriously and went back to kissing Hayley, only then realising that Amy was discussing something with Zac. He blushed as she handed him a couple of books.

"LIGHTS OUT!" called the warden. Hayley and Amy his under one of the bunks as the warden peered into our rooms. As soon as his footsteps faded out of hearing, they opened the door and snuck back into their dormitory. Spencer shot bolt upright from the floor.

"Whad'd' I miss?"