Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Introductions

Celeste Easton was moderately tall for her age, which was eleven; had extremely dark brown hair; amber-green eyes and naturally pale skin, which, unfortunately for her, tanned easily. She was very gothic; adored most types of rock music (she despised grunge) especially My Chemical Romance as well as the colour black and wore thick, black rimmed glasses.

Pushing a stray strand of hair out of her eyes, Celeste looked down at her exercise book which was full of notes on the structure and defining points of fantasy stories.

She wondered what time it was as there was no clock in the room as she looked over at Caroline ‘Carrie’ Catton; one of her best friends who was quite a bit shorter than her with loose, fair, medium length hair and grey-green eyes. Like everyone in the room (the teacher was ‘photocopying something’ as he had been for the last twenty minutes) she was wearing the trademark uniform of the school (which was a white shirt, navy skirt and navy jumper).

Carrie was clearly not doing any work but staring at the space where a clock used to be as if she could see it, and was counting down the seconds until the end of the boring English lesson. Taking a scrap of white, lined paper from her pocket, Celeste wrote “Wake up Carrie! :P” Screwing it up she aimed and threw the piece of paper at Carrie. She wrote back “Ha I drifted off for a minute then! This is SOOO boring! How many have u done?” to which Celeste replied “2 musts + a can. U?” and the note-passing (or rather, throwing) continued like that until five minutes to the end of the lesson when their teacher returned after half an hour claiming that ‘the ink cartridge ran out halfway through and had to be replaced’ which no-one believed for a second besides the gullible and frankly downright stupid clique of ‘popular girls’. During those ten minutes they reported to each other funny things that they had accidentally put (such as Celeste writing that Gerard Way and serial killers are supernatural beings!).

“So, anyway, I know I’ve known you guys for like, umm… a long time, but what kinds of music do you peoples like?” Celeste asked her two best friends as they packed away their things and handed in their books.
“Well, I like stuff like Anastasia, Gwen Stefani, pop type stuff!” a girl slightly shorter than Celeste with loose, light brunette hair and bright blue eyes; who was once again fussing with her hair replied. Noticing this, Carrie and Celeste looked at each other and rolled their eyes.
“I like stuff like, umm, pop-y, soft rock-y, Green Day type stuff, you know, err... you’re our resident music buff, what is it?!” Carrie inquired as they strolled out of the classroom.
“Punk-pop, possibly?” Celeste replied, enunciating the last word sarcastically and rolling her eyes.
“We all know what you like, Celeste!” The other girl, who was Celeste’s other best friend Melissa Waters said in a teasing tone.
“Gerard Way!!!” Carrie teased.
“Oooh, your boyfriend!” Melissa was half giggling now.
“Shut up! I mean, he’s old enough to be my dad!” Celeste said in defence. “Anyway, I never said anything like that, I simply said that I admire him as he’s talented, famous but isn’t bigheaded about it, and their songs are so amazing!-” And so Celeste went into a speech about how his songs were so mind-blowing-ly fantastic, things about other members of My Chemical Romance and the album stories as the ‘three musketeers’ arrived at the Mathematics classroom, where their last lesson took place. Melissa and Carrie would be interested, as it was interesting stuff, but Celeste had done this about three thousand times before, and My Chemical Romance was not really their type of music.

Feeling bored as so far the entire lesson had been spent revising how to use a calculator, which was something she was exceedingly capable at, Celeste stared at the empty page which simply had the date, a few solitary sums and some doodles in the margin.

Looking up at the clock which told her that she had fifteen minutes left of the lesson, Celeste decided that she might as well get some work done and hoped that her teacher would carry on his tradition of only remembering to give the class homework when they had all gone, which he did.

“See ya peeps!” Celeste yelled as her traditional way of saying “Bye!” Grinning, Melissa and Carrie replied with their traditionally in unison,
“Bye, C!” Laughing, they went to find their separate ways of getting home.

Up in her bedroom, back in her house, Celeste put on her favourite CD and began doing her homework. After completing all her homework (French, I.T., Science and Food) Celeste started to enjoy the weekend by lying on her small, ‘temporary’ camping bed and reading that week’s edition of NME.