Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

At The Hospital

“So…how are you?” Frank asked.
“Hmm…well, this hospital gown is itchy and sooo damn thin, I’m supposed to be eating lots of sugary things ‘cause my blood glucose is way too low, but the evil kitchen person just gives me a load of biscuits with really thick, lumpy, sickly-sweet icing that makes me want to puke with every mouthful, this saline drip’s one of the most painful things I’ve ever had to put up with besides Mel and I’m bored as hell in here, so I’m just peachy, Frank.” Celeste replied sarcastically. Gerard just grinned as if Christmas had come early. Noticing this Celeste laughed and asked what he was so happy about. Upon this, Ray burst out laughing and said, “He was up all night looking at photos of you, girly thingy and hyper thingy, he and Mikey went through all our coffee supplies, there’s only decaf left, I think he’s going through one of his sentimental periods, normally blood’s something he likes but back at the gig- and I’m shutting up now.” He finished after an ‘I’m-going-to-kill-you-if-you-don’t-stop-now’ look from Gerard which made Bob mutter “Like father, like daughter, eh?” to Ray.

Looking as if she had just remembered something vital, Carrie said, “Oh, V, we, me and Mel, thought you might get a bit bored in here, so we got you this-” she handed Celeste a large-ish hardback book entitled ‘A Biography Of Lindsay Lohan: Scandal, Drugs And Young Love’. Celeste just stared at it in disbelief. “Why did you think I would find this rubbish good for anything other than burning?!” She half whispered, half yelled. Grinning at Celeste’s reaction, Melissa continued what Caroline had started, “-And these, we thought you could use the ‘book’ to lean on.” Handing Celeste a load of paper, two sketching pencils and a pencil sharpener Melissa rolled her eyes at Carrie, who started giggling.
“WOWEEE!!!! YAY!!! THANK YOU!!!! WOODLE-OODLE-OOO!!! I CAN NOW SEE PROPERLY AND HAVE SOMETHING TO DO OTHER THAN PLOTTING THE DEMISE OF THAT KITCHEN PERSON AND ALL MY OTHER ENEMIES!!!” Celeste was obviously very pleased with her gifts.

“I’m very happy that I am where I am though ‘cuz I’m allowed to get out of this bed, and I have my own toilet-room!! Yay! Umm…I’ve been thinking about random video clips I saw recently, ‘cause that’s all I can do, and I remember seeing one with Frank in his old band, it was so funny!!! ‘Pencey Prep’…excuse me, but I think it sounds kinda dumb. You look fantastic with red hair, Frankie, but here’s a tip for singing on stage: you should spend over half the time you’re performing somehow not lying on the floor of the stage!!!! The clip I saw was filmed from stage level, with lots of people in front, so whatever was recording it wasn’t at the very front, and I only occasionally saw you with your bright red hair (which rocks!), the rest of the time I could hear you, it was kinda odd, hearing you sing instead of doing screamo like you normally do. It was odd seeing you perform with Ray on guitar, Matt P. on drums and you looking like you’re going to eat the mike! There was another really funny one,…it was one with you guys performing…after seeing it I was think something along the lines of, okay, now I know Matt may be related to Animal from The Muppets because of how he plays, Ray’s ‘fro is AWESOME, Gerard can’t dance but looks like he really don’t give a flying monkey and pretty damn cool when he tries, Frank does a rather accurate impression of a monkey on crack when he performs and Mikey seems to be the most laid-back and the most sane out of all of them!…so funny.” Celeste giggled, which made Melissa and Carrie start giggling which made Celeste burst out laughing!
“Where is Matt, by the way?” Celeste wondered.
“Bathroom. He needed a smoke as well.” Frank replied.

"You know, Celeste, you are one of the oddest people I know!" Patrick remarked.
"And that's why you love me!" Celeste replied.
"Guilty!" Patrick smiled.

“Sooo….did I miss anything important or interesting? Anyone have a major Fall Out Boy…sorry, fall out?” Celeste asked.
“Well, you know how Mrs. Dixon, the head, likes to read out newspapers and then discuss it with us? Well, the front page she had was a story about ‘Gerard Way’s mysterious daughter’. I was smiling the whole time cuz it was a load of stupid rumours and I was like, ‘I know the truth!’, and half of it was just downright stupid, you wouldn’t believe! I heard some idiots talking about it after and they were all ‘I would so suck up to her, just because she’s got a famous dad!’” Melissa replied.
“Awww sugar. Haven’t they flipping realised I don’t do ‘popularity’, and I don’t understand why anyone would, I mean, it’s a flaming social disease, it sucks. Just be yourself and pray the world is ready for you, that’s what I say, anyway. But then in a world controlled by idiotic Kate Moss and other such people where if you’re not in a goddamn clique or stereotype you’re nothing, and even when you’re in one of those ‘gangs’ all those who seem to be ‘below’ other people are still picked on and driven to the edge until they have no escape….” Celeste ranted, trailing off as she normally did when she was ranting about something very important to her and she reached the dramatic bit that really made her get emotional.