Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

The Discharge

The day of Celeste’s discharge….

Gathering up her things and turning to the clothes laid on the back of a chair, Celeste Ingrid Way looked at the drawing in her hand which had been drawn by her. Turning round, she looked at the assortment of clothes that her father had brought. He was to collect her from the reception so that the doctors could check her health fully before discharging her.
“Hmmm…let’s see…My black trousers with the white embroidery, my red top with the black skull and…woohoo! They remembered the black bangles and the black net sleeve thingy!!!! What else…ah, the black leather boots and the black and blue necklace. Yes, this is great. All I need now is to be reunited with my friends, family and music collection!” Celeste had called Melissa, Carrie and Roxanne the day before and (after getting permission from her father) asked them to come and meet her and the band and just hang out on the bus. Roxanne, being her usual frightened self had said, “Okay. Oh no, now I’m terrified!” to which Celeste replied with the exact same thing she said every time this happened, which was at least ten times a day!

Opening the door to let Dr. Smith in, she opened her mouth to ask a question, but before she said anything he interrupted her with, “Yes, your father has arrived, he’s in the reception area with another guy, but I don’t know who he is.”
“Great! Okay, let’s get this over with.” Celeste replied. Approaching her, Dr. Smith stretched out his arms, plucked the needle out of her arm and said,
“I’ll wait outside while you get changed then take you to the reception, okay?”
“Sure. See you in a minute then.” Celeste replied.
Two minutes later, Celeste was walking down the corridor with Dr. Smith leading her. Her father was sitting with Mikey (her uncle) and waiting nervously. Seeing each other, Gerard and Celeste rushed towards each other and embraced in a long hug. Pulling away, both grinning they said goodbye to Dr. Smith (who returned it and walked back up the corridor) and walked back out towards Mikey. Hugging her he said,
“Hey, kid! See, I told you she’d be fine, Gee.”
“If you remember I told you, Mikey.” Gerard replied.
“Nuh-uh you didn’t!” Mikey pouted childishly.
“Did.” Gerard returned the pout.
“How would you know, you were stoned and drunk, Gee!” Mikey looked imploringly at his brother. “What’d you think, Celeste?” He inquired, smirking.
“I think Ray or Bob told both of you. And Frank agreed then asked what he was agreeing with.” Celeste smirked smugly as she saw both smirks disappear from her father and uncle’s faces.
“DAMN! She caught us!” Gerard cursed.
“HOW did you guess?!” Mikey asked, to which she replied,
“I just know. Um can I just lead you ‘cuz I told the people to meet me (and you, of course) err by the dumpster bin thingies over where we’re going now if you follow me.” Walking round the corner and braking into a run because of who she had seen, Celeste yelled,
“WOOOHOOO!!!! You made it! You found the way! Again…!”

Melissa was dressed in black casual trousers, a lilac, ruffled top with a fake flower on the collar bit, a purple biker-style hat, silver hoop earrings and simple black sandal stilettos. Patrick was dolled up in a black beanie, black casual trousers, black Vans and a dark blue button up shirt. Carrie was wearing a simple white and red T-shirt, light blue jeans and white and red trainers. Roxanne was uncharacteristically snazzy, decked out in a red-and-black striped, off-the-shoulder top and striped red-orange-brown-grey-and-white trousers!

“Oh my fluff, YAY!!!!! RUTH’S HEEEEERE!!!! LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN! I mean, it was good when you other people were here but…YAY!” Celeste yelled. Catching up with her, Gerard and Mikey saw a girl with extremely pale, slightly grey tinged skin, sharp, catlike grey-green eyes set into a pointed face and dark hair with mixed letterbox-red highlights who was wearing a black slanted top with reddish orange off-the-shoulder sleeves, trousers of the same material, black boots and a black belt with diamond effect and red plastic gems. Pointing to the girl, Celeste said,
“People, this is Ruth. Ruth, I know you are going to be eternally grateful and I know you already know but, this is my uncle, Mikey Way, and my dad, Gerard Way.”
“Oh my fluffiness hi!!! THAAAAANK YOU CELESTE!!!! You’re now my 2nd favourite person in the world!!!!!!!!” Ruth yelled.
“Hi, nice to meet you.” Mikey smiled.
“Ruth…nice name.” Gerard grinned.
“This is for all the times when I got you a rubbish birthday or Christmas present!” Celeste laughed.
“Y’know, that wasn’t actually that many times to be honest! Either way (ha that’s funny…) this would make up for a lifetime of awful presents!”
“Ha, that is funny…Oh, people, this is Roxanne. Sorry Rox!” Celeste said suddenly. “Should we go onto the bus instead of waiting out here?! That would make a lot of sense.” She continued.
“Oh, yeah it’s over there... Uh, come on, I’ll err... show you…” Gerard trailed off nervously.
“Y’know, coming from you, the guy who always has a perfectly prepared mini speech on hand that was a really dreadful explanation! Just kidding, but you don’t normally trail off…like that. Hey, RoxiCeleste, where did you get those trousers?! I love them!” Celeste remarked.
“I thought you would, I decided to go wild today! They’re from Tesco’s!!!” Roxanne replied, laughing.
“Ah, good old Tesco’s….for you two Yankees, that would be Wal-Mart. I think.” By this time they had walked to the bus and halted in front of the door.
Gerard, who was leading, opened the door and was followed by Mikey and Celeste, who beckoned for them to follow her and told the last person in (Carrie) to close the door behind them. Firstly, Gerard introduced everyone (with a little help from Celeste) and they all moved to the middle of the bus and took various seats among the three musicians that were already there. A rather odd, confusing, slightly creepy and very funny conversation ensued, during which Celeste fell off the bed she was perching on and whilst on the floor (concealed from everyone’s view) waved a white tissue as a substitute for ‘the white flag of surrender’! Also, somewhere along the line, Carrie asked Mikey if he ever got called ‘Milky Way’ and was then viciously attacked by Celeste, who was restrained by Frank and Roxanne!
“I told her if she ever mentioned that I would murder her, now I have to follow through!” Celeste squirmed, by eventually gave up and slumped back onto her bed, with Roxanne and Frank still clinging to her in case she suddenly sprang back into action.
“Sooooo…..hey, Celeste, how’s your dancing going? Last thing you said was that Mrs. Easton had stopped your lessons.” Melissa asked, restarting the conversation.
“You dance?” Mikey, Gerard, Frank, Ray, Bob and Ruth inquired, looking at Patrick for conformation that it was true.
“Yeah my mum’s mean. After Celeste’s lessons were cancelled, she tried to persuade me to take them up, I was so mad!” Patrick commented.
“Hey, I liked it. I do contemporary dance, ballet and tap dancing, yes, I do ballet!!! She stopped my lessons claiming I ‘didn’t enjoy them’, which is SOOO not true! Every two years the principal (who’s also the only teacher) organizes a dance show with each class doing one dance, and in the most recent one I was given a solo tap dance!! She gave me a lot of independence with it, she let me choose the song and do most of the choreography. I did it to ‘Dance, Dance’ by Fall Out Boy. I’m a huge fan of theirs, and they are NOT ‘emo’!!!!!!!!” Celeste replied, starting to hum ‘Dance, Dance’ by Fall Out Boy. “Hey, y’know one of my favourite parts about that dance? The fact that it was a duet with a chair!” she continued.