Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Continued

“Was it?! Oh yeah…Uh, basically what happened was,” Carrie addressed the rest of the group, “that Celeste talked about it, I talked about it to my parents and my dad’s really interested in that stuff, he loves watching other people Dance, but won’t do it himself, but anyway, he wanted to go and see it so we (my mum, my dad, unfortunately my younger sister and me) we got tickets to see it and mine and Mel’s parents talked about it and her mum’s the same as my dad with the dancing thing so they got tickets and we watched it and we surprised her (Celeste) after the show! I didn’t really like the song that much I don’t really like Fall Out Boy.”
“Well you don’t even like My Chemical Romance, which I don’t understand, they’re abso-effing amazing!! Oh snap….” Celeste trailed off.

“Ahh DIZZY, NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD!!” She added, clutching her head and squeezing her eyes shut. “Don’t worry, this happens all the time, I’ll be fine in a minute.”
“You really are a health hazard, Celeste!” Patrick laughed, rolling his eyes.

After a few minutes in that position, she sat back down between Frank and Roxanne. The conversation started again, Ruth and Celeste swearing a lot; particularly after saying how big a My Chemical Romance fan they were or saying how amazing they (My Chemical Romance) are. Halfway through, Carrie said something stupid (“Wait, where are we and how did I get here?! Oh yeah…” Carrie exclaimed confusedly) and everyone laughed, but no-one more than Celeste. She laughed so hard she fell off the bed (again) and this was about the hundredth time this had happened, so helping her up, Frank sat her on his lap and snaked his arms round her waist to prevent her from moving (especially downwards…..).
“Comfy?” Frank asked her.
“Very. You don’t know how good a chair you make.” Celeste replied sincerely.
“Y’know, for all your height, you’re not actually that heavy. Well, you’re lighter than I expected anyway.” He commented. Everyone started laughing again and this time, Carrie fell off the lower bunk she was perching on. A few minutes later, halfway through another long, odd, funny and enjoyable conversation, Gerard had an idea and whispered it to Celeste. She was about to jump up, but remembered her position and instead squealed,
“Holy sacrifices I would effing LOOOOOVE that!!!! Thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!”
“You are easily pleased. Which is good ‘cause I don’t want a bratty, spoilt daughter.” He replied.
“You gonna tell us what’s going on or do we have to guess?” Ray sighed.
“Oh, yeah, you wanna…?” Celeste trailed off. Gerard smiled and remarked,
“I had an idea; how would you- Ruth, Patrick, Carrie, Roxanne and err Melissa like to come to our gig tonight in Manchester? We can get you there, no charge, you don’t have to, but…if you want to, and I’m sure we can sort out transportation back home for you guys…what do you say? You’d have to stay behind the curtain, out of the light-”(Celeste started singing ‘I Never Told You What I Do For A Living’, the first line of which is ‘Stay out of the light’) “so none of the audience can see you but…” Immediately Ruth squealed and yelled,
“HOLY CATS YES!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!! HAAA THAT’S SO FUNNY!!!!” and Celeste unwrapped Frank’s arms and the two girls hugged and started laughing, jumping round the bus and singing the end of ‘This Is The Best Day Ever’ by MCR, then laughing some more.

Patrick’s response was similar to Ruth’s and after a few moments of thinking and a phone call to her mother, Carrie agreed and said that she would be collected from the venue, and if Melissa was going her mother would collect them both. Roxanne agreed with a, “Why not? Okey-dokey-sheepyness then!” All that stood was Melissa’s decision.

“Weeeeeeeell…your music isn’t really my type of thing…and I don’t really do the whole ‘rock’ thing…I only have one black outfit in my entire wardrobe…and I only wear a tiny bit of pink, purple or brown eyeliner…soo…”
“PWEEEEEASE!!!!” Gerard and Celeste whined in unison.
“Err…oh all right, but only if you ALL promise not to criticize my clothes or make-up.” They obliged, and it was sorted. According to Carrie, Frank had told them all to come with make-up and ‘party-ish clothes’ during a phone conversation the day before, after hearing about them coming. Roxanne had turned this on its head and had come in her ‘party-ish clothes’, but it was still, in essence, the same thing.

“You have cool friends.” Ray stated.
“Yeah……I do.” Celeste replied dreamily, having been pulled back into her position of sitting on Frank’s lap (by Frank, who grabbed her from behind).
“Is it me or is it really cold for the middle of summer?” He (Frank) inquired.
“It’s you.” Came the reply.
“I’ve never actually been to Manchester…I’ve been to Derby, though…not quite the same but still….hey, Frank, you are cold, in fact, you’re freezing!” Celeste was still acting as if she was in a daze, and Frank replied,
“I know I’m cold, and you’re warm so I’m clinging to you.”
“Oh…okay then. Sorry if I squish you.” She moved carefully and out of her medium sized, brown-beige suitcase took the beginnings of a parody song she had begun writing. It was a parody of Fall Out
Boy’s ‘Grand Theft Autumn’ and was titled ‘Grand Theft Alcohol’. So far she had written:
“Where is your beer tonight? I hope it is Carlings,
Maybe they won’t find out what I know: beer tastes better after a year or two.

When I wake up, I'm willing to drink any alcohol coming my way,
but some is worse than you notice it breaks your liver.”

With her red Biro™ pen she wrote another verse and folded it back up, deciding against writing any more as she couldn’t remember the tune.