Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Fantasy Hotel

“Hey, Celeste. You okay? I know it’s a dumb question but…are you?” Mikey inquired gently from his seat near the door of the bus.
“Yeah, I suppose so. And don’t even think about touching me if you’re still all sweaty from doing an accurate impersonation of a monkey on crack ‘cause I have hands and I’m not afraid to use them!” Celeste replied, addressing the last part towards Frank who had got up and started to walk towards them.
“Hey, I’ve showered you know! In fact everyone has so there!” Frank replied childishly.
“M’kay then. Where to now?” She murmured, flopping down next to Mikey.
“Airport near here, then we’re off to-”
“See the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz; we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was!” Interrupted Celeste.
“Err no. We’re getting a plane to New York, then coach thingy like this to hotel.” Mikey continued.
“Okay, that is. Wait, why am I speaking like Yoda?! Are you afraid? You will be. You will be…..yeah, I’m weird, get used to it. Ray’s ‘fro is as fluffy as a sheep!!! Ha ha…Ha. Yeah, I’m okaa-aaay! I’m okay now, err. Yeah.”
“Finally, someone who understands me!” Gerard sighed. The effects of the beer and drugs had not yet worn off, and Celeste’s heart ached to see what damage her father was doing to himself. Brandishing a cigarette, he asked, slurring his words slightly, “Want one?”
“Umm… no thanks, I don’t smoke.” Celeste replied.
“Of course ya don’t, a big, strong, fifteen-year-old like you!” Gerard laughed drunkenly.
“Gerard, I’m eleven.”
“Course you’re not! I completely agree!”
“Please… Stop this, you don’t need… we can find a way through this… just, please….” Celeste muttered sadly. Gerard’s expression turned from drunken hilarity to anger.
“NO! I WON’T! NO! LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON’T NEED YOUR PITY!”
“Gerard, don’t get angry, she’s just trying to help.” Matt sighed half-heartedly.
“She’s your daughter!” Mikey protested. “And you should treat her like it!” leading Celeste away by her hand, he continued, “Go talk to Matt, or Frank or someone. I need a word with my dear brother.”

Celeste complied, and went to talk to Frank. She didn’t really like Matt too much – he seemed to have too much schadenfreude; he got too much happiness out of other peoples’ pain.

Gradually a very random conversation started about obsessions as Roxanne was obsessed with sheep. Looking at her wrist and remembering she hadn’t had a watch since she was seven years old, Celeste seized Frank’s wrist (as he was wearing a watch) and saw that it was ten past ten in the evening. She was exhausted. She had woken up earlier than usual and wasn’t entirely up to her full strength, she had been hyper almost all day and had just moshed, very energetically! Unfortunately, as soon as she had laid down her head to rest Frank called out that they were at their destination. All six passengers picked up their luggage and walked tiredly into the huge Manchester Airport.

After ghosting through Customs, into the lounge/waiting room area and eventually on the plane they flopped into their seats. Mikey and Celeste had window seats opposite each other; next to Mikey was Ray, who was next to Bob, and next to Celeste was Matt, whose other side was filled by Frank and Gerard.

Several hours later, the aeroplane landed in New York and Celeste was gently woken by Matt prodding her. Frank had covered his nose instinctively, remembering his uninformed attempt to wake her up a few days before.

“Maaah. Where are we?” Celeste pondered, stumbling out of the airport.
“We’re in New York City. Welcome to the U.S., kid.” Frank replied groggily. The six of them walked tiredly, Gerard leading, towards a big-ish silver seven-seat car.
“Okay, I’ll keep introductions short cuz we’re all tired and none of us’ll remember this in the morning so Brian, this is Celeste. Celeste, Brian. Now can we go to the hotel?!” Gerard explained.
“Yeah, sure. Everybody in!” Brian laughed exhaustedly.

He was neither short nor tall; had spiky-ish dark-brunette hair; was covered in lots of tattoos over his forearms and neck; had a stud in his nose, a lip ring, four piercings in his ears (one in his right and three in his left) and was wearing light blue denim jeans and a plain red T-shirt.

They flopped into the huge car, Brian in the driver’s seat, Ray next to him, Gerard in the seat behind him with Frank and Bob next to him and behind them was Mikey and Celeste in the very back. A long drive later they were no longer in the back car park of the NYC airport but in the lobby of the remote hotel. Over the huge entrance written in decorative writing was ‘Fantasy Hotel ’ and below that was a set of small doors which the seven of them filed through exhaustedly. The reception was quiet, which was rather odd for only ten past five in the afternoon.
Brian received their keys for the huge area they were staying in and the other six followed him up the stairs (the lift was out of order) and into their area. It was smaller than the other one they had been in but was still rather big; it had plain cream walls and a cream carpet; there were canvases with circle patterns painted on them; there were seven beds and between each was a small, pine, bedside cabinet.