Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Jamia

At half past one a medium sized, gold, shiny tour bus with black tinted windows came as promised and took all seven of them to Roosevelt Field (the venue) for their last gig of the tour. The dressing-room, sound check/rehearsal and arrangements were similar to the one a few days before, and while the band (mainly Gerard) were getting ready Celeste started talking to a tall, pale-ish, young, heavily tattooed, grey-eyed roadie with a thin-ish face and spiky blue hair (dyed, obviously) who introduced himself as Jason Clift,
“But you can call me JC. Uh…So where are you from? Your accent doesn’t seem to be from round here.”
“I’m from London, in the UK but I’ve lived in Northampton since I was three but it’s still the UK.” Celeste replied.
“Ah, you’re an English girl. My girlfriend’s from Wales, that’s really near you guys.” And the conversation went on like that for a good while, during which they eat the pizza that was delivered to the dressing room (pepperoni in case you were wondering) until, two hours later the loudspeaker boomed out,
“My Chemical Romance should go up to the stage area, you’re on in ten.” Celeste and Jason followed the band out.

The performance was, as always, very energetic and the crowd loved it. They played ‘Give ‘Em Hell, Kid’, ‘I’m Not Okay (I Promise)’, ‘Headfirst For Halos’, ‘Vampires Will Never Hurt You’ and after another few songs, finished up with ‘You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison’.

Running towards Celeste with open arms, Frank looked crestfallen as she said,
“Don’t even think about it, Frank, you’ve sweated enough to fill a bath.”
“Fine then. Meany.” He replied childishly, shaking hands with JC instead.
“Hey, how ‘bout me?” Mikey inquired.
“I find it odd and intriguing that you, and Matt, come to think of it, hardly sweat at all.” She answered.
“Yippee!” Mikey screamed, hugging and twirling her round simultaneously.
“I’ve always wanted someone to do that to me!” Celeste smiled contentedly.
After a few minutes of the conversation that ensued, the band went to cool down and go and meet the people at the first-aid stall as they always did and Celeste helped JC and some other roadies move equipment into the luggage hold of the tour bus.

Back on the tour bus at half past ten, Frank asked Celeste,
“You ready to go see your new home?”
“I guess. Where is it?” She replied.
“You’ll see.” Was all Frank answered with.
Back on the tour bus at half past ten, Frank asked Celeste,
“You ready to go see your new home?”
“I guess. Where is it?” She replied.
“You’ll see.” Was all Frank answered with.

Fifteen minutes later, after dropping off Bob, Matt and Ray at their residences, they arrived at Gerard’s stop. Turning to Celeste he said gravely,
“Well, this is my stop. Hopefully soon I won’t have to keep constantly staying in hotels! I’m not that far away from you, only a five minute walk. Bye, Celeste, hope you like your new home!” and with that he hugged her tightly and left, trailing his luggage behind him.

As they were only a short walk away from their destination, Celeste, Frank and Mikey also got off the bus (which started the long journey back to the company station) and started walking with Frank leading.

Five minutes later they arrived at a white, modern-looking, three storey building with medium sized windows. In the dim, orange light of the streetlamps it was hard to make out details and the white of the mysterious building looked an orangey grey. Still leading, Frank walked up to the door, dialled a few numbers into the small keypad on the doorframe (presumably a code) and after the door emitted a clicking sound he pulled it open and walked in, followed by Mikey and Celeste. Taking a ring of keys out of his pocket (which only had three keys on it), Frank turned left, then right at the next corner and, approaching a tall-ish white door put one of the keys in the hole and opened the door.

“FRANKIE!!!!” yelled a medium-height, hazel-eyed, lady with pale skin, reasonably bony cheekbones, short brunette hair, freckles and a nice white smile who was wearing a black T-shirt under a grey-and-black sweatshirt hoodie with ‘Skeleton Crew ROCKS HARD!’ emblazoned in white across the front as she ran up to Frank and wrapped her arms around his neck in a tight hug.

“Hi Strawberry. I know, I missed you too but could ya please not strangle me?!” Frank joked, kissing her.
“Hey Jamia.” Mikey grinned, following them into the apartment. Seeing Celeste standing shyly in the doorway wondering how to approach this stranger he shook his head exasperatedly and pulled her in.
“MIKEY! Hey, good to see you! And who’s this?” Jamia smiled, hugging Mikey and seeing Celeste standing awkwardly behind him.
“Oh, yeah, Celeste Way this is Jamia Iero, my wife, and Jamia, Celeste is Gerard’s daughter and Mikey’s niece.” Frank explained.
“Hi, nice to meet you, and for the record they did ask and tell me about you, I just lost track of what day it was and thought it was tomorrow you were coming!” Jamia laughed, extending her hand.
“H-hi, nice to meet you t-too, don’t worry, I-I get that all the time!” Celeste replied nervously, shaking Jamia’s hand.
“I suppose first you should dump your stuff in your room so err…follow me…”Jamia pondered.
“M’kay then.” Celeste replied, following her past a black marble-effect breakfast bar (complete with 60’s bar stools) where Jamia had been sitting, through a huge arch in the sky blue walls and towards a medium sized pine door.
“I hope you like it. Go on, open it!” Jamia encouraged a hesitant Celeste, who obliged. She gasped as she saw a medium sized room with dark blue walls, very dark brown wooded flooring, matching wardrobes, a vintage-y, dark wood bed, a pine desk, a modern-looking, silver and blue computer chair and a small, pine bedside cabinet. Dropping the handles of her suitcases she breathed, “Oh my Gerard Arthur Way, this is amazing, I love it! Thank you so much!”
“Meh, it was nothing really. You’re welcome anyway. Hey, how about a tour, so you know where everything is.” Jamia suggested. They all agreed it was a good idea and Mikey, Frank and Celeste started laughing and told Jamia abut the tour of the bus Frank had given Celeste. She agreed that it was very funny and undoubtedly random!

“Come into the umm.... ‘Living area’ I suppose you should call it, this whole thing’s open-plan, besides bedrooms and bathroom, obviously. That would be weird…” Jamia trailed off, leading them past the breakfast bar towards two brown leather sofas arranged in an ‘L’ shape and ending the tour of the moderately big apartment. They four of them sat down and started talking, about the tour, Celeste’s parentage; Jamia asked lots of questions such as; “What was it like to find out that that guy wasn’t your dad, but just some dude who adopted you?” to which she replied “It was kinda a shock but I was relieved as well. I didn’t love him; I never even liked him, whereas with Gerard I admire the hell out of him, seriously.” And “What’s it like living in England? I mean, I’ve been there on tour with them selling Skeleton Crew stuff but that’s basically all I did.” The answer to that was “Two words: wet and unpredictable. But I love it there. I’ve never actually been over here to the US before now!” and so the conversation went on until Jamia got up and announced,
“Well, I’m off to bed.” The two of them (Celeste decided it was a good idea too) went to their separate bedrooms, Jamia going left down the hallway and Celeste progressing in the opposite direction. Ten minutes later Mikey walked to his bedroom between them and Frank went to join Jamia in their bedroom.