Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Summer

The summer holidays went on like that. Gerard came over a lot, and on August 11th,they received the news that he was now entirely clean and sober, and or reasons he would not disclose, Matt had left the band and been replaced by Bob. Celeste was really happy about this. On the evening of the 3rd of September, they had all been talking for a long time and it was very late.

“Well, I’m tired so I’m gonna go to bed. You should go too Celeste, you’ve got a big day tomorrow!” Jamia yawned.
“I have? Is it someone’s birthday? The only one I can think of is Ray’s but that was ages ago and Mikey’s is in a week’s time.” Celeste replied bemusedly.
“They didn’t tell you?” Jamia asked her skeptically. Directing her next question towards Mikey and Frank she said, “You didn’t tell her? Honestly, you’re hopeless!” turning back to Celeste she explained kindly, “Tomorrow’s the first day of the year for your new school. It’s about ten minutes walking down the way you came. Your father’s already been and looked at it, and he liked it well enough.”
“Oh. New school. Right. I get it now. Yeah, I agree, I should, it’s half twelve anyway!” Celeste agreed with a look of dawning comprehension on her face as she also got up.
“Half twelve? Really?” Frank inquired.
“Well, there is a clock over there!” Celeste explained exasperatedly.
Jamia and Celeste had developed a habit of going to bed at the same time, so the two of them went to their separate bedrooms, Jamia going left down the hallway and Celeste progressing in the opposite direction. Ten minutes later Mikey walked to his bedroom between them and Frank went to join Jamia in their bedroom.
The next morning….

“Wake up!! School starts in an hour! I thought you’d be up by now!” Jamia panicked, prodding Celeste slowly out of bed.
“What time is it?” Celeste groaned.
“About half seven.” Jamia replied, opening the pale blue curtains. Walking towards her suitcases Celeste hissed as a beam of sunlight hit her eyes. Only hearing the noise Jamia wondered, “Oh no, has Frank spilt some boiling water?” and rushed out, closing the door behind her.

Quickly rummaging through her suitcases Celeste pulled out and changed into a pair of black tights, a black, ruffled, netted top, a black skirt with a black and red striped belt across the top and black and white Vans.

Walking out of the door she was instantly greeted by Mikey, who grinned and said,
“Well hello my dear niece and how are you this fine morning?” to which Celeste skeptically replied, whilst raising an eyebrow,
“Someone’s a happy bunny, or should I say happy unicorn today. Any particular reason?”
“Alicia Simmons, his fiancée’s coming back early.” Frank explained, offering her coffee which she accepted with a look of sudden understanding. “I see you’ve brought out the maternal instincts in Jamia – I haven’t seen her rush round like this since she thought she’d lost one of the shoes she wanted to wear at our wedding!”
“Hey, I can easily hide all the coffee we have!” Jamia said, sitting by Mikey and Celeste at the breakfast bar. Hearing this Frank put his hands in the air in surrender and hurriedly took back what he had said.

“So, how’re ya feeling? Nervous? Exited? Sick?” Jamia inquired.
“Nervous, I suppose. But I, like many before me know that coffee solves all problems!” Celeste replied, sipping her cup happily. “That’s the stuff.” She murmured in approval.
“I think coffee is the only foodstuff Frank can make without burning it or somehow creating flames!” Mikey exclaimed.
“Hey I’m not that bad. Though I am in the top two of least domestic people I know.” Frank decided.

The conversation went on like that for another ten minutes (during which Celeste brushed her teeth in the bathroom next to her bedroom and did all the usual things that are included in your morning routine) until Jamia, dressed in a black T-shirt, black casual trousers and a black jacket with white stripes over the shoulders asked Celeste,
“Hey, you ready?”
“Yeah, as ready as I can be I suppose.” Celeste replied.
“Okay, I’ll walk you to the school. You’ll be fine!” Jamia sighed, noticing how nervous and frightened Celeste looked. Bidding goodbye to Frank and Mikey they walked out the door, through the corridors and out of the front door. The turned right (the opposite way to how Frank, Mikey and Celeste had arrived) and kept walking straight.