Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

First Day Of School

While they were walking Celeste made mental notes of where they were, natural landmarks, shops they passed etc. and Jamia told her some background information about the school and explained the whole American school system. Celeste had no idea about this so she was happy to be told that she would be a ‘freshman in middle school and a fifth-grader’, whatever that meant.

After ten minutes of walking and talking they arrived at the huge, grey stone building that had “St Peter’s School” engraved over the huge mahogany doors. From the outside it looked rather like an old library. True, the school was old- it had been built in 1843 as the sign next to the door informed them. It had thousands of windows set into the five floors of pure granite walls.
“Come on! We’ve got half an hour to get you signed in, and then you’ll have a tour of the school and afterwards your first day! I’ll meet you here at twenty to four, okay?” Jamia explained.
“Sure…” Celeste breathed, looking around. The two of them walked through the huge mahogany doors and into an entrance hall with a small desk at the back of the room. On the right and left sides of the desk were corridors leading to other parts of the school. Sitting at the desk was a middle-aged woman with light ginger hair, a small, wrinkled, kind face who was wearing a floral print dress and brown sandals.

“Can I help you, dears?” She croaked.
“Uh, this is Celeste Way; this is her first day here.” Said Jamia.
“Celeste Way, Celeste Way; ah yes here she is.”
“Okay, I’ve gotta go so I’ll see you at twenty to four. See ya!” Jamia waved, walking out the door.
“Okay then, deary, if you’ll just follow me to the principal’s office.” The woman, who told Celeste to call her Mrs. Peters, said. Celeste did as she was asked and followed Mrs. Peters through empty corridors to a door with a window that was misty and had “PRINCIPAL TURT” written on it. Mrs. Peters knocked twice on the door and was told to enter, which she did, and was followed by Celeste.
“Ah, Mrs. Peters. And this must be Celeste! Hello. I’m Principal Turt.” A tall, brown-haired, grey-eyed man dressed in a grey suit beamed. As she had delivered Celeste Mrs. Peters then left, closing the door behind her. “And this is Angelique Gridley.” He said; pointing to a tall, pale-ish skinned girl with golden-brown, very long hair which was draped loosely down her back, honey coloured eyes and oddly long nails. She was wearing a black T-shirt with gold spots on it, black and gold Vans and black casual trousers.
“Hi, nice to meet you Celeste.” Angelique smiled, extending her hand which Celeste shook returning the ‘nice to meet you’.
“And this is Rupert Tanner.” Principal Turt explained, pointing to a grey eyed, medium height boy with kind of pale skin, spiky electric blue ‘hedgehog’ hair, and a cheeky smile. He was wearing a grey-green T-shirt with “I’m an Arctic MONKEY” written on it and a cartoon of a monkey below it, black trainers and blue denim jeans.
“Hey.” Rupert grinned.
“Okay then, I’ll leave you in the capable hands of your tour guides and classmates!” Principal Turt instructed. The three of them, Rupert, Angelique and Celeste strolled trough the door and back in the direction of the entrance hall.

“Okay then. Umm…I think if we show her the sports hall and go from there that’d be good, how about you, hun?” Rupert asked, directing his question towards Angelique.
“Good idea. Let’s go then!” She cheered. With that arranged they kept walking in the same direction. As they passed through the entrance hall Rupert asked,
“So, Celeste, where’re ya from?”
“Well, I was born in London then my adoptive family moved to Northampton-”
“You’re adopted?!” Angelique gasped. Celeste smiled at her reaction and replied,
“Yeah. I had no idea ‘til about… umm, a week before the summer hols when, out of nowhere my real dad comes and reveals the truth. So, I come with him here, leaving all my friends and everything I ever knew. I’ve never been out of the UK you see, it’s all I’ve ever known.”
“Wow. I’ve never been to the UK, can you tell me something? Are the British chicks hot?” Rupert asked.
“RUPERT! You’ll have to excuse my perverted boyfriend, he’s an idiot sometimes!” Angelique reassured Celeste, who reassured her,
“That’s okay; my adoptive brother was like that when he first met my friends! Luckily they had no idea what he said cuz’ve his Irish accent!!!” This made the other two laugh, which made Celeste glow inside. She had never been able to keep her cool like this when meeting potential friends. Something about them just calmed her down, made her able to be herself so effortlessly.
The tour went on like that for another half hour, during which Rupert, Angelique and Celeste got on like a house on fire! The school had a huge sports hall with male and female changing rooms (Rupert refused profusely to go in the female changing rooms and they decided not to go in the male ones), a swimming pool (with the same type of changing rooms), an assembly hall/ theatre, chemistry labs and best of all; a dance studio.

At eight thirty Rupert and Angelique took Celeste to their new form room and told her that the teacher’s name was Mr. Daleton. He was already in the classroom which was not tiny but not enormous, had about twenty individual desks, a blackboard behind the teacher’s desk and the back wall was taken up by bookshelves.