Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

The Last Chapter

THUD! The front door slammed shut as Celeste miserably mulched into the apartment. Her attitude and mood changed completely when she saw who was talking to Mikey at the breakfast bar.
“Breakfast Monkey Man!!!” She yelled as he turned round, running up to hug him.
“Hey, easy there, kid. Wow, you’ve grown. Loads. I bet you’re way taller than Frank now!” Gerard replied as they pulled a way from each other, looking her up and down. Celeste just grinned.

Ten minutes later they were discussing random things and sitting on those lovely, soft sofas. Gerard was in an armchair, Mikey had practically begged Celeste to sit on his lap (she had obliged) Jamia was on Frank’s left and Celeste/Mikey his right. Celeste was examining Frank’s right arm which was covered in tattoos when out of the blue,
“You do realize that you’re only staying here temporarily?” Frank asked Celeste.
“Yeah. And you’re asking why exactly?” She replied.
“You just seem to have settled in here a lot.” He mused. “Meh, I think it’s just me.”

“Speaking of living here temporarily,” Gerard said, suddenly sounding important, “I was thinking maybe you could live with your grandparents. Not mine and Mikey’s up in NJ, I mean…Janet’s parents.” Upon hearing this Celeste dropped Frank’s arm and said,
“That…that’d be cool.” Celeste stammered. “W-when were you thinking of? I mean, had you thought about when I’d move … out of here and… into there?”
“Uh, not … not really. I was supposing maybe, like, in two weeks.” Gerard said, slightly taken aback at the fact that Celeste had taken it so well.

Upon hearing this Mikey hugged Celeste and she held onto his hands from her position on his lap. In reality she was very surprised that Gerard had thought of her moving in such little time.

“Where are they?” She asked.
“Oh, just five minutes walking north from your school.” Gerard smiled.
“Okay then.”
“Is that a ‘yes’?” He questioned.
“Is that a ‘yes’ what?” She inquired, confused.
“Is that a ‘yes, living with them is a good idea’, even though you haven’t met them. They’re cool, kinda like my parents except they’re both from Seattle. She…Janet was born in Brooklyn, they lived there for a while, and then I met her when we were touring, Ah, and then, you were born when we were touring, when we’d just started and we we’re going around in that tiny van! She was a roadie/bass tech so she’s come with us so you were born in some hospital near a random London club venue! Those were the days….” Gerard trailed off wistfully.

“So how was school?” Frank asked, changing the subject. Celeste groaned.
“Let’s put it this way – everything that could have gone wrong, did.” She replied.
“Did you make any friends?” Jamia asked.
“Yeah, I suppose I did make two new friends. And they said tomorrow I’d meet the gang!” Celeste said, brightening up.
“Well that’s okay then!” Mikey cheered.

Two weeks later…

Celeste was standing out side her grandparents house, holding her packed suitcase of all her belongings. She had hoped this parting moment wouldn’t come, but, alas, here it was. Her father was with her, and it hurt him just as much. Celeste was dressed in an MCR shirt (one with the cover of ‘…Revenge’ on it), a pair of black trousers and black and red check converses. Her hair was slung into ponytail which rested on her back. She had on some thick black eyeliner as well, which matched Gerard’s outfit of navy converse, blue denim jeans and a casual black button up shirt.

“Aren’t you coming in with me?” Celeste inquired, panicking slightly. She never had been good at meeting new people.
“Sorry Celeste, I just can’t. Just being round here brings back memories…too many memories…” Gerard pleaded.
“Okay. I understand. Trust me, I’ll be fine.” Celeste reassured him, taking his hand in hers.
“Yeah. You will.” Gerard smiled, squeezing her hand.
“So…this is goodbye.” Celeste said, faking calmness.
“Yeah. Not forever though. I mean, I’ll come back. Soon. As soon as I can.”
“Goodbye dad.”
“Goodbye Celeste.” And with that they embraced in a long hug and went their separate ways, Gerard going back to Frank and Jamia’s apartment and Celeste into the large, stone, cottage-like house.

She breathed heavily and hoped her grandparents would be nice. Gerard had told her about them, and now she would find out for sure. Bracing herself she knocked twice on the big, red door. She picked up her suitcases when the door was answered by an older looking lady, with auburn hair, a few, well covered up wrinkles, blue eyes and a friendly smile. She was wearing a sea blue dress, black and blue striped tights and matching…Vans. Which was strange, but Celeste did like a good stereotype breaker.

The lady said in a Seattle drawl, “Well hi honey, you must be Celeste.” As Celeste replied she realized just how British she must sound.
“Yes, yes I am. You must be my grandmother.”
“Well, yes I am! Come in honey.” Celeste did so, very nervously and saw that the inside of the house was much bigger than you would think at first glance.
“Wow. This place is like a Tardis!”
“Why thanks honey! Whatever a ‘tardis’ is…. Joe! Joe, come in here, she’s come!”
“What is it Jane? Oh, hi sweetie. You must be Celeste.” a tall, dark haired man with little wrinkles said in a Seattle accent. He was wearing a Black Flag T-shirt, black converses and black jeans. He smiled and introduced himself.
“Hey, I’m your grandpa, just call me Joe.”
“Okay then, Joe I’m Celeste your... granddaughter.” Celeste said shakily.
“Call me Nana.” The lady said. Celeste nodded. “Well, since you’re gonna be livin’ here for a good long time, I think we should show you around our humble abode, sound good to you?” Nana asked. Celeste nodded again.
“Sounds great.” She smiled as they lead her up the stairs, and decided that this was gonna be… odd. But then since when had anything been normal?

This is it. This is it. My father is Gerard Arthur Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance, my mother was Janet Alice Calloway, may she rest in peace, and I am their eleven-year-old daughter, Celeste Ingrid Way. I’m living in New York with my grandparents, Janet’s parents. I’ve got new friends, but I won’t forget the old ones. I’m not gonna let anyone get me down anymore. This is a new start for me. I’m gonna hold my head up and face the day. And I’m gonna make this life INCREDIBLE.