Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Strange Dreams

With a numb feeling ebbing away her brain as the news sunk in properly Celeste glided slowly up the dirty pink-maroon carpeted stairs and into the bathroom. She locked herself in, deciding that a hot shower might help her figure out exactly what had just happened. When the water was neither too hot or too cold she stripped off, leaving her glasses on and turned on her black-on-red spotted, portable, ‘shower-proof’ radio/CD player/MP3 player cross, putting it onto a playlist she had made called ‘Thoughtful, ‘Sad’ (in a good way) Songs’. Skipping a ‘few’ songs she played one of Evanescence’s songs ‘Tourniquet’, a song which normally calmed her down and helped her clarify things in her mind. Ghosting into the tiny, plain white tiled shower she let the water wash over her, just as the news of her true parentage had when it was first announced…….

Half an hour later Celeste was lying on her bed in ripped, non-baggy yet not tight black pyjamas with a white tombstone on the pyjama top which had
“MY SOCIAL LIFE
R.I.P
*INSERT YEAR OF BIRTH* -- THE DAY I CALLED THE POPULAR GIRL A BARBIE DOLL” written as if it was engraved on the tombstone; looking at her many My Chemical Romance posters and thinking, “That’s my dad in every one of them. And my uncle. Forget ‘This Is The Best Day Ever’, this is the weirdest day ever!”
After another thirty minutes doing this she flopped into her small, ‘temporary’ camping bed and drifted off into a rather bizarre dream….

FLASH. A decaying corpse on the step outside a church. FLASH. The corpse turned into a blood-spattered violin. FLASH. The violin turned into writhing, shapeless matter. FLASH. The matter disappeared and in its place was a microphone. FLASH. The microphone exploded into a million tiny pieces which formed a heart. A living, beating, bleeding heart. Suddenly the heart stopped beating and shattered cleanly in two. FLASH. A violent strike of lightening cracked overhead and it started to rain. It was raining blood. Silver grey clouds stood out against a scarlet sky, filling up then bursting, spewing blood down to earth like a burst balloon. FLASH. A clash of thunder and another clap of lightening signalled the end of the dream as Celeste opened her eyes suddenly.

Turning over, she fumbled for her mobile phone and groaned, seeing that it was 4:05 on Monday morning. Putting her phone back she fell straight back to sleep and hoped that her previous dream would not return….

The next day….

BRIIING! BRIIING! Celeste’s alarm clock rang for about two seconds before she picked it up and threw it at the wall.
“CELESTE! DON‘T DO THAT AGAIN!” Marie yelled at her from her and Harry (her husband)’s room.
“Like you can control me.” Celeste muttered under her breath. Slowly she got up, dressed into her school uniform, or as she called it, her “Smurf costume” and slid down the stairs. Arriving in the kitchen she saw Patrick was already there and in his school uniform- a white shirt, black trousers, a blue tie, black shoes and a black blazer. His plain black messenger bag was resting on the leg of his chair. Sitting opposite him Celeste quickly ate a breakfast of a single cereal bar and a glass of water and dashed off to school, since she lived across the road. She couldn’t even look at Patrick. It was all so confusing. Celeste had no idea about anything really. The walk and cool morning air helped clear her head as she prepared for the day ahead.

In her classroom, she found her two best friends, Melissa and Caroline. Melissa was being her usual self, fussing with her hair and nails. Caroline on the other hand was rolling her eyes and looking round the room boredly.
“Hey, Mel, Carrie! Over here!” Celeste yelled.
“Celeste!” They shouted in unison. Making her way towards them, Celeste asked if she could talk to them in private. Agreeing, they followed her to a secluded cloakroom.
“So what’s up?” Carrie inquired.
“Yeah, you look worried.” Melissa stated.
“Okay, I don’t know how to explain this so I’ll just say it.” And with that she told the story explaining her true parentage.
“Oh my mother effing God! Gerard Way is your dad!” Carrie was clearly flabbergasted.
“Wow. You were right. You’re not dating him!” Melissa joked.
“Eeeeeew!” Carrie and Celeste were in total agreement.
“So you’re not mad about me moving?” Celeste said nervously biting her lip.
“Course not!” Carrie’s cockney heritage was coming through.
“Why would we be?” Melissa twirled her hair with her finger whilst speaking, which was always a good sign. “On a more important note, how does my hair look in a ponytail?”
“MELISSA!” Again, Carrie and Celeste were in total agreement.
“Group hug!” Celeste ordered, and Melissa and Carrie obliged, laughing.
The three friends pulled away and walked (or in Celeste’s case, almost skipped) to Geography, their next lesson.
“And there’s something else. I had this really strange dream last night….I hope it doesn’t mean anything...” Celeste began retelling her dream, and both Carrie and Melissa agreed it probably was just a product of Celeste’s dark, twisted mind as they arrived at the door of the classroom.

Later that day in Geography….

Raising her hand, Celeste, (who was sitting next to Melissa) said,
“Mrs. Longhorn? I’m not feeling so well, I feel nauseous, dizzy and as if I was about to-” Celeste clasped a hand over her mouth for effect. True, she was dizzy and slightly nauseous, but she was not about to throw up, but she knew Mrs. Longhorn was very squeamish, as was Melissa.
“Yes, yes go! Soon! Yes, go!” Mrs. Longhorn’s face was priceless. Melissa simply rolled her eyes at Celeste. As she made her way out of the classroom, she felt her really old Nokia phone buzzing in her pocket. Hurrying into the nearest toilets of the all-girls school, she saw someone was ringing her mobile. The number was not one she recognized. “Hi, this is Celeste here, who are you?” She asked.
“It’s me, Gerard.”
“How did you get my number?”
“Your uh…‘adoptives’ gave it to me.”
“Oh… ha, ‘adoptives’….”
“Just called to say I’ll be picking you up from school.” At this point Celeste burst out laughing.
“What’s so funny about that?!” Gerard demanded.
“Do you even know where I go to school? And if you did, how is a star like you going to drive down here without being bombarded with fans wanting to make me have a load of half-siblings?!”
“I’ll sort it; just look out for your adoptive mum’s car, okay?”
“Sure. See ya, Dad.”
“Later, kid.” And with that they hung up on each-others’ phones.