Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Goodbye.

The next day….

Getting up, Frank noticed everyone was gathered around Celeste’s bed, and walking towards it he saw they were, oddly, watching her sleep, possibly wondering how to get her up.
“Why don’t you just shake her?” He asked.
“Go on, then.” Bob replied. Complying, Frank reached down and gently shook her shoulder. About a micro-second after he had started, her hand which had been draped over her head flung out and made contact with his nose. Frank staggered backwards, clutching his face. “Yep, that’s why!” Bob answered. Even though it was not bleeding or swollen, Frank’s nose was very painful!

Slowly, Celeste found and put on her glasses. Then, still moving slowly, she rolled over, opened her eyes and jumped about a foot in the air! “Don’t DO that! Do you know how scary it is to wake up to a load of people watching over you?!!!” She said angrily. “Oh my- did I do that? I’m so sorry Frankie! Is it bleeding?!!” Running to the shower-room and back in her cow pajamas, she returned with a wet cloth, sat Frank on her bed and inspected the damage, whilst constantly apologizing, reassuring him and finishing up putting the cold, wet cloth on his nose and telling him to keep it there. “Did you do like a nursing degree or something?!” Ray asked. Smiling, Celeste replied,
“My adoptive mother was a medical person, I’ve seen her do stuff like that, and it’s mostly common sense in a case like this.” Then she bent down to her suitcase, took out some clothes, got changed in the ‘shower-room’ and came out wearing a black, crossover, long-sleeved top with green netting on top, black and ripped trousers with graffiti style writing on it, styling her longish, dark brown hair and humming ‘Demolition Lovers’.

“Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets.” She murmured, wondering what would happen today.

“Hi! Can’t wait to meet Mel and Carrie back at the house!” Celeste was being uncharacteristically happy and upbeat, but not knowing her well enough Bob, Ray and Frank couldn’t tell. They watched as she got out some paper and a pencil and sat down, then suddenly-“What?” Celeste laughed. All three were doing fish impressions, so she just shook her head and started writing.
“Hey, how’s my favourite daughter and friends?” Gerard asked, charging down the bus.
“Injured.” Frank said.
“How?” Gerard inquired.
“He shook Celeste to wake her up and got whacked.” Bob grinned.
“I didn’t realize she wasn’t a morning person!” Frank said in defence. Ray, Bob and Gerard still laughed.

“Hey, could we meet at one of your friends places, ‘cause we’re too far away to go all the way back?” Gerard asked his daughter.
“I’ll ask them.” She replied. Five minutes later (Celeste had sent them a text message) it was agreed that they would meet outside Melissa’s house, as Carrie’s was further away and she had a younger sister who might let the world know Gerard Way’s whereabouts.

At four, outside Melissa’s house….

KNOCK! KNOCK! Round the corner, Gerard heard movement, voices, then saw Celeste; a girl slightly shorter than her with loose, light brunette hair, who was wearing a blue dress, a black belt, silver jewellery and purple sandal-type heeled shoes; and a girl quite a bit shorter than Celeste with medium length, loose, fair hair wearing a green and purple top, white and red trainers and blue denim jeans coming round the corner. Also with them was Patrick who was decked out in his usual beanie (today dark brown), a plain, pale blue polo shirt, grey denim jeans and white trainers.
“Hi dad, this is Melissa and Caroline, better known as Carrie. Peeps, this is Gerard Way, my dad. And you already know Patrick.” Celeste said, gesturing to each person as she introduced them. She smiled as they said “hi” in unison. After a long walk in no particular direction whilst having a great conversation and learning loads about each other, it was time for them to go their separate ways. Giving them each a hug Celeste said, “Goodbye, Melissa, bye, Carrie! And worst of all…Goodbye Patrick, I’ll miss you!!”, then she did something she never did and burst into tears.
Carrie and Mel rushed to console their sobbing friend but it was no use. Patrick, who had known her 24/7 since he was tiny, knew how to handle the situation. He talked soothingly to her (she had always had a fetish for his Irish accent) and hugged her, encouraging Carrie and Melissa to do what the do best- be funny. Laughing slightly Celeste wiped her eyes and gave them each a long hug, as if she would disappear the moment she let go. Her bravery only lasted until they had turned the corner, and at that moment the tears started trickling down her face again with gathering speed, and looking at this heart-breaking scene, Gerard pulled her into a long embrace, whilst she sobbed her pain away into his black, button up shirt-ed chest.