Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

At The Gig...

Ten minutes later….
Arriving at the hotel, the occupants of the huge, glossy black tour-bus trudged out carrying suitcases of personal things, leaving the musical things (amps, microphones, instruments etc.) on the bus. Walking in, they saw a moderately big entrance hall with tacky, Victorian-style wallpaper, deep red carpeting and a big front-desk. Reaching the polished, mahogany desk Bob, who was leading, got the keys from a glossy, mahogany-fake-tanned, fixed-grin-baring assistant.
“She said to take the ‘lift’-”
“‘Elevator’ to you.” Celeste interrupted
“Yeah, that, to the top floor and turn left and we’ll find our bit.” Bob concluded. So they followed the instructions and found half a floor sectioned off just for them. “Cool! We’ve got all this to ourselves!” Celeste exclaimed, looking at the lavishly decorated half-floor.
“What’s happening with sleeping arrangements?” Mikey asked, walking around and looking into the rooms. “I pick this one!” He was now looking into a medium sized room with the same red carpet that was in the entire hotel and pale green wallpaper, with two single beds, as in all the rooms.
“I want to go in the middle, if a fire starts and there’s a murderer coming through the window, it’ll be safest there!” Everyone laughed and agreed this was a good idea.
“I used to have an extreme fear of anything death-related.” Mikey said randomly. Celeste immediately cracked up at the irony of that, and explained how funny it was as he is now in a band whose songs are mostly about that subject. Eventually, it was sorted out that Gerard and Frank would share a room, as would Ray and Bob and Mikey and Celeste.

“Can we play spin the bottle?” Frank suggested off-topic-ly.
“Eeeeeew! It would be funny watching you, but what if I spin it and-EEEW!” Celeste replied.
“How about I Never?” Bob suggested.
“How’d you play that?!” Celeste wondered. From what she heard after they all launched into an explanation, your glass is filled and someone says “I never…”, and if you have ever done whatever follows the ‘I never’, or it has happened to you, you drink and get your glass re-filled, and it is usually played with alcohol, but
“I think we should use Diet Coke, Celeste’s a bit young to be drinking!” Mikey said, and everyone agreed he had a good point, so they played with Diet Coke™. Gerard started with “I never played I Never before!” Everyone but Celeste drank. Then Frank followed with “I never… messed with the popular person.” Celeste, Gerard, Frank and Ray drained their glasses. It went on like that for half an hour with ones such as “I never called the teacher something like Mom!” (Celeste alone drank….); “I never walked up to my ex, sniffed them and dumped them!” (Only Gerard drank…) “I never started singing at the end of a lesson and skipped out!” (No-one drank…) and other, very funny ones!
“We should get going…” Ray said after half an hour of the most random game of I Never ever! They agreed that they should so they trudged out, Mikey, being last out locked the door. Running out the lift, they ran into the tour bus and started towards the concert venue.

They arrived at the London Astoria after another odd and funny conversation. Helping Bob carry a guitar amplifier (amp), Celeste staggered under the weight whilst looking around and observing people rushing round carrying equipment similar to theirs and setting up microphones and that type of thing. When everything was set up, they went to the dressing room.

A few minutes later, a young, short-ish woman with blonde-grey spiky hair wearing black casual trousers and long-sleeved top, who was called Topaz came in and introduced herself and told them that they should start getting ready as they had twenty minutes until it was time for them to go on. Hearing this, Celeste got up, about to start pacing but instead a wave of nausea overwhelmed her and she rushed into the shower-room. Wiping her mouth after vomiting, she turned round, hit her head on the door, and fell back, hitting her head on the toilet basin, and collapsed as her dark brunette hair was dyed in a pool of her blood.