Loneliness, love and lies

Roommate and Edward x

look around at the huge, white building. The sun reflecting off the many windows. Teenagers roaming around. The first thing I noticed about this place, was the eeriness, I passed it off for just my being new. No one looked at me when I walked into the reception, the elderly lady looks up and smiles.

"Err Hi, I'm new here. Riley Robertson?" I tell her and smile at the withered old lady, who just frowns, hands me a key, three pieces of paper and a pen. I assume the pen is a welcome gift.

"Room 23a, just up the stairs and to your left." She tells me, and then turns to her computer again. I receive a few glances as I walk up the stairs, but nothing compared to what I would have got at my old school.

Finally, I reach my room. I assume I have a room-mate, everyone else seems to. And sure enough, there are two beds in the room as I walk in. No one is in there, so I guess that they're out with friends. That's what I would be doing, if I had been here for a while. Everyone seems to hang around near the school though, which is strange. I'm sure I saw a Mall about 5 minutes away. I heave my suitcase onto my bed and open it. I haven't brought much, only the things I really, really liked. I begin the long and boring task of unpacking.

Half an hour later, and I'm finished. I look at the clock, 4:00 in the afternoon, and I'm beginning to get hungry. I forgot about Lunch, but I'm used to missing lunch, as my best friend back at "home" was practically anorexic, and almost vomited at the sight, or smell of any kind of food. Suddenly, I realize, I've left all of them at home, I never even registered that I was leaving them until I had. A wave of sadness washes over me, but I refuse to let any tears fall. How embarrassing would it be if my roommate walked in while I was crying.

As I'm sitting here, wallowing in my own grief, the door lock clicks and a brunette girl walks in. She stops and stares at me. I smile weakly. She's the classic beauty, pale skin, dark, shiny hair, sparkling eyes, but she doesn't smile back. Her brown eyes narrow as they look me up and down.

"And you are?" Her voice is cold, like stone.

"I - I'm your roommate, apparently. Room 23a?"

"Yeah" Her eyes are still scrutinizing me, as though I'm being sold or something. "OK, here's the deal. Me = Miss Popular. You = new emo kid. I am not going to talk to you, except to show you around, 'cause I don't want to look like I'm being all nasty to the new emo kid. You do not so much as look at me after this tour is over. Got it?" I have defiantly found myself my enemy. Too bad that she happens to be my room mate. She motions for me to follow her, and I have no choice but to obey, I've just noticed her nails, and they're at least half an inch long! She points out different rooms and departments as we walk past. I remember some of them, but not all.

That's when I see him. He's sitting, under a tree, reading a book I can't see the title of. His bronze hair is tucked behind his ear, his muscular arms flexing as he turns the page. That's when I notice his eyes, they're green like the see, even at this distance I can still see how bright they are.

"Oi, loser. What you goggling at?" "Miss Popular's voice has an amused edge now, but not in the good way. I can tell she's just dying to skip over to Mr. Perfect under the tree and start flirting with him.

"No one" I answer too quickly. Her eyes grow steadily meaner and there's an evil twinkle.

"Excuse me, but can I take over, Jessica?" Says an unfamiliar voice. I turn and stare in shock. Mr. Perfect is standing right next to me!

"I - I ... sure" Jessica stammers. She's obviously been dazzled my Mr. Perfect’s charms, I know I have. I watch her walk away.

"Ugh, stupid cow" I hear Mr. Perfect mutter. I giggle.

"Thanks for that"

"No problem. You looked kind of worried, so I decided to help" I smile at him.

"I'm Brooke by the way"

"Nice name. I'm Edward" We shake hands, and I can swear I felt my hand tingle at his touch.

"Nice to meet you" We both say at the same time, as though rehearsed.

An hour later, and I now know where all the departments and classrooms are. Edward is a really good teacher, he made sure I knew what the departments were first and then taught me the classrooms. After cheerful goodbyes, and the promise to see him in some lesson tomorrow, I walk to my room. I am in no rush to get there, as Jessica is most likely going to have a go at me for making her look like an idiot in front of everyone, even though no one saw and they all know that anyway. I open the door, slip inside, close it and walk to the bathroom. Thankfully Jessica isn't there. I decide that a shower is needed before dinner, so I undress and climb in. The hot water sooths my muscles and I begin to relax. When I'm done I climb out, and reach over to grab my towel. I quickly dry myself and dress. My hair is almost dry when I'm finished, so I just quickly blow it over with the dryer, and then brush it. I decide to wear it wavy today, my mom was always saying how nice I looked with it wavy. I quickly apply makeup and then walk down stairs. As soon as I see the Canteen I regret ever coming here. Every table is full with a different label, and I have no where to sit. I have no Label, I'm just me. Even though I do wear black a lot. But I'm not Goth or emo. I decide to just buy an apple and water, and then eat outside, I can see some people eating there now.

"Oh God" I mutter to myself when I see who is sat there.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeesh this took me forever x Oh and I know that Edward sounds like the Human Edward Cullen, guess why ..... 'Cause I based him on that Charactor from Twilight!!! hehe

No comments for this yet xxx wanna change that whoever is reading ???