"And We Always Keep Our Promises"...that's what HE says!

Dare You To Move

"And we always keep our promises", I mocked shutting off my TV. He says he does, but he must have a 'no keeping promises to Sadie' clause in his little contract. And to think that he didn't even want to sing until Nick wanted to get the band together!

Here I am in my best dress for MY 18th birthday party. Joe promised he'd be here if only for one dance, fat chance. We'd gone to school for a while I was the geek, and well so was he. We are good friends through school, but once he stopped wearing his glasses, and became a singer, I got lost in the crowed. That boy I swear could make you do anything with his smile.

Flash Back

"Sad Sadie, why do blue? I know it's my favorite color and yours too. Come on Sad Sadie put on a smile, if only for a while!" Joe said softly singing to me as he pushed me on the swing. He always sang that to me when I was sad, it usually made me happy.

I got off the swing ignoring him as I went to the monkey bars sitting at the top. He followed me with a smile and sat beside me singing my song again. "Joe, go away...please?" I climbed back down trying not to cry as he ran after me and held me tightly.

"Sadie, aren't you proud of me? I'm gonna be going around the U.S.A singing, I'll be living our dream!" he said softly trying to look into my eyes. I looked away hiding my face. It was bad enough that he was dated my friends, but now he's not going to be around for the special things. He made me laugh as he tried to imitate our least favorite teacher from 8th grade. How can you stay mad at someone who wrote a cute song, and imitates mean teachers?

I wiped my eyes as he turned me around to look into his brown eyes. "I'll miss you Joe, I just wish you weren't leaving in two weeks. Now I'll have to take someone else to the dance." I looked down at my leggings and sighed.

He lifted my chin to look back into those eyes I can't get enough of. "I'll be back here for the dance, I will be there don't worry"


But he didn't 'we have a mall show, plus a club show. I'll be there for the big summer bash though!' I waited on the beach for hours. I stood in the sand swaying back and forth to 'Dare You To Move' and still he didn't show. 'We're on a big tour. But I will be there...' I miss when those words meant something. Now they've just become his way of saying 'I'm sorry' without saying it. He is still my friend, but I know I can't count on him to be at things. I don't know why I thought I could count on him this time.

Flashback

"Sad Sadie, why do blue? I know it's my favorite color and yours too. Come on Sad Sadie put on a smile, if only for a while!" I gasped and turned to find my friend Matt in a tux for prom. Joe said he'd come and be my date. Instead I went with Matt. I swear if he wasn't gay, I would have married the boy. He tried to keep me laughing even when 'Dare You To Move' played on the stereo system. He sang the song in a funny voice making me laugh through my tears.

Joe called to apologize and promised to make it to my big 1-8. 'This time I PROMISE, we'll dance the night away ok? Just save our song for me I'll be there'. I smiled picturing it. Joe holding me like he did when we first danced to the song. I wanted him to hold me forever. I wanted to tell him how much I liked him. I'd do it that night that was my promise.


I woke up this morning with a smile running around the house to make this dance party perfect. I called Joe, but got his voice mail. 'Hey, making sure you're coming...' he wasn't. I knew it, as I put on my dress, as I began to welcome guests, just after I blew out my candles. He wouldn't make it. Just as he promised.

I heard the den door open and heard music banging from the living room. The party was still going on. I mean the invitations said 'from 8 to 5' I couldn't just shout "Joe's not here get out!" and it was only 1am this party was still getting to it's peak. I crossed my arms across my chest just staring at the blank TV. 'Shouldn't the birthday girl be down at her own party?'

I ignored the voice.

"Sad Sadie, why do blue? I know it's my favorite color and yours too. Come on Sad Sadie put on a smile, if only for a while!" He couldn't see but the song made me smile.

"You're getting better at it Matty, I actually smiled this time. If I didn't know it was you I'd swear it wa-", but it wasn't Matt this time.

There stood Joseph Adam Jonas in a simple tee shirt and tight pants. He was rocking on his heels as he smiled to me. That smile, it could make you want to kiss him. "I always keep
my promises", he whispered with his hands stuffed in his pockets. I had to hold him. I ran into his arms wrapping them around his neck, as he wrapped them around my waist. "I'm sorry Sadie..."

I just held him and smiled running my fingers through his long locks. "It's alright your here now" how could I stay mad? It's Joe, he promised he'd be here and he made it. I smiled looking into his eyes as I began to open my mouth. "Joe I-"

'Welcome to the planet...' I was cut off by our song playing. "Just wait...come on it's our song!", Joe shouted excitedly and ran to the living room where everyone was dancing. 'Everyone's here, Everyone's here' Joe wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped them around his neck. "Sadie, I missed you..." he whispered in my ear.

'Everybody's watching you now, everybody waits for you now' I blushed and smiled looking up into his eyes. "I missed you too Joe", more then he knew.

Joe blushed as everyone looked at he and I dancing, not the fact that he was in a band, but that he actually showed. 'What happens next, what happens next?' I smiled as I opened my mouth to say what I've wanted to say since before he left.

Before I could say a word Joe's lips were on mine. 'I dare you to move, I dare you to move' I kissed him back as he held me tightly to him. I'd dreamed of this moment for years. "I'm sorry, I just, I've wanted to do that for a while...Sadie I"

I didn't let him finish, his kisses tasted perfect as I kissed him letting him know I felt the same. He may have broken promises, but I'm glad he kept this one. He stayed with me the whole time, dancing, talking, kissing it was my dream. He had to leave the next day, but he started calling me everyday and keeping his promises.

"And we always keeps our promises", he says...and now, he really does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Let Me know what you think! And be looking out for Rock of Love! And soon to come Get Me Off This Roller Coaster Ride: A Jonas Brothers Musical! God Bless!