I Want To Know What Love Is

Searching

It was the final call for her flight to America but Kate quickly had to read the text message that had come through from Marcus.

IF YOU DON'T FIND A MAN IN LA THEN THERE'S NO HOPE FOR YOU. AND WHEN YOU FIND YOUR MAN, MAKE SURE HE HAS A FRIEND FOR ME. XX

She shook her head as she went to get her flight, remembering the conversation that they'd had the night before.

It had been a difficult decision for her to go to America, it had been her first trip away for years, her little pottery shop was booming but Marcus had to remind her that work wasn't everything and it was time that she got away for awhile and 'got a life'.

Marcus.

She'd known him for years, since college. He was handsome, clever and an easy listener. He was also gay and had known since he was ten that he was gay, they both had, her and Alexa but he'd told no-one else about it, even his family until he 'came out' age 18.

Alexa.

She hadn't seen her for years, not since the wedding. The three of them had shared so much in the past, but it seemed a lifetime away since they'd all been together. It had been years ago since she'd abandoned them, had married a record producer from LA, a rich record producer and hadn't come home to England since.

But now, now she was to meet Alexa again, they were planning a road trip in LA, her record producer husband had left her for a younger model and she'd since become a PA in a record company herself and often spoke of up and coming bands, various festivals and gigs when she emailed. Kate had never heard of them but Marcus had. Marcus had heard of every artist that Alexa had worked with and it made her laugh at how excited he got when they read Alexa's emails.

He was into some rock band at the moment, a band that Alexa had worked with and went on and on about the guitarist. She couldn't remember his name, she was sure it was Frank but then she couldn't be sure and she smiled at Marcus rememberig him saying about Frank's fingers working up and down on his guitar and wouldn't he like to be that guitar. Frank. Yes, she was sure that was what his name was.

She slept for most of the journey, finally realising that Marcus was right, it was a holiday that she desparately needed.

**

Everyone thought Brian Schechter had everything.

Well he kind of did.

He managed one of the most famous bands in the world, My chemical Romance.

he'd toured practically every country there was.

He'd met loads of interesting people and had enjoyed different cultures.

he had some good friends, he was still fairly young and good looking, well, so people told him.

But he didnt have anyone special in his life.

Someone special to share things with, thats what he wanted most and he would give it all up in an instant for that. To have something like his brother had, a happy home, a beautiful wife and two great kids who adored him.

It wasn't much to ask was it?

**

Gerard Way was enjoying his life at the moment but it hadn't come easy, especially that time when he was drinking and had taken drugs. That had been the worst time ever, just after the death of his gran but now, now things were going so great, sometimes he felt as though he had to pinch himself, just to see that it was all real.

He loved the travelling, he loved meeting his fans and playing to them, he loved everything about this job but even though he was the front man he didn't have much confidence with women, he couldn't talk to them easily and he couldn't tell the genuine ones from the ones that just wanted a piece of him.

He was thirty years old, he'd had a few girlfriends in the past, but nothing special and now, at this point in his life he doubted that he'd ever find true love.

If ever there was such a thing.

**

The plane landed with a bump, waking Kate from a deep sleep.

She glanced out of the window, bright sunshine flooding through.

She'd arrived.

She was here in LA and she felt excited, wondering what this place had in store for her over the next couple of months.