I Want To Know What Love Is

Love Needs To Find You

"For fuck sake," said Ray slamming the cupboard door shut. "Whose had the last of the headache pills?" He said glancing around him.

"Sorry, that was me," replied Frank. "I took the last two and forgot to mention they needed replacing." He said.

"I have no clean t-shirt for tonight," said Bob entering the room. "What do I do?"

"You'll have to borrow one of Frank's," said Gerard and they all laughed together knowing Frank's t-shirts wouldn't go near Bob "But seriously, I thought Brian was going to get us an assistant like last time."

"He said he was but so far he hasn't," said Ray searching in cupboards desperate to find a headache pill somewhere.

"I'm onto it," said Brian coming in through the door of the tour bus, "but for now, you're going to have to cope on your own."

**

Squinting from the sun's brightness outside the plane Kate smiled to herself.

She'd arrived.

She was now on vacation for two whole months and she couldn't wait.

**

She was sure that Alexa had said in her text that she was going to meet her at the airport but she'd been standing in arrivals now for some time, most of the other passengers had gone and she was just standing there, wondering what to do because there was no sign of Alexa. Where the hell was she?

"Excuse me, are you Kate?" A voice said in its wonderful American drawl. She turned and saw a short guy, she couldn't put an age to him, she was no good at guessing ages.

"Yes. Yes I am." She responded wondering who the hell this ugly little bald guy was, hoping he wasn't some pervert praying on her because she looked all alone.

"Its just that the lady that was coming to meet you, Alexa, she couldn't come so...she sent me." Said the short guy, "I'm her neighbour, she sent me to meet you because she had an accident this morning, fell off a ladder while cleaning the windows and she's at home with a broken leg. She can't drive." He said looking apologetic, "and I'm David by the way. Nice to meet ya," he said.

"Oh, I...poor Alexa, I can't believe it. She's broken her leg and can't drive?" Kate said, stunned by this news. What was going to happen now? They were meant to be going on a road trip. Shit.

"Are you OK?" Said David kindly.

"Um...yeah...just let me call Alexa, oh my god, I can't beleive this is happening," Kate said then turned away as she pressed her phone.

"Alexa! Oh my god, I can't beleive it. How are you? David told me what happened, you poor thing."

"I'm in pain, it hurts Kate but I'm OK. I did it this morning, probably just after you'd got on the plane. There was nothing I could do to get hold of you. Just come home with David and we'll talk here. I can't wait to see you."

David ushered her to the car park, helping Kate with her luggage but her mind was awash with all sorts of things, how could they both enjoy themselves now with poor Alexa being stuck in a cast for weeks on end.

On the drive to Alexa's house Kate was in no mood to chat and she was definately in no mood to listen to David's ramblings about his life story, about his job and about all the girlfriends he'd had.

She was glad when finally after about an hour they pulled up at Alexa' s house and there she was, standing in the doorway on crutches looking sorry for herself but still looking as beautiful as she did when they were younger.

David helped her in with the baggage and Alexa struggled to make her a drink but she managed it as Kate quickly showered and changed.

"Hey, I could have got us a coffee," Kate said on entering the kitchen, rubbing her hair with a towel.

"I have to do something Kate, I'm going to go mad being an invalid."

"I know Alexa but you have to take it easy too. So, what are we going to do? Obviously the road trip is now off, I can't drive over here, I haven't got my license with me and...I don't think I'd feel comfortable, with it being the wrong side of the road and all."

"I don't think the road trip will be happening, not now anyway. I'm sorry Kate, if only I'd fallen off the ladder yesterday then we could have re-arranged our trip."

They laughed together. "Don't be stupid, I'll hang around with you and help out here, we can still do stuff." Kate said.

"Actually...I have an idea, something came up earlier, I had a call from a friend, a guy I worked with a couple of years ago. He...he manages a band and they're going on tour, they need an assistant to help out a little . They're pretty big at the moment, My Chemical Romance, you must have heard of them, they've toured Europe before."

"I don't think so, unless...unless they're the band that Marcus has been talking about, I can't be sure." Said Kate, frowning at the name of the band. "But you can't work Alexa, it would be impossible for you." She said wondering what her friend was talking about.

"I'm not talking about me Kate, I'm talking about you," said Alexa reaching for her coffee and taking a sip.

"Me?" Kate responded.

"Yes Kate I think it would be great, you'll be travelling around LA, you'll get to visit places and you'll have fun, I know you will. Trust me." She said.

"Trust you?" Kate squeaked, "I come halfway across the world to spend my vacation with you and you've set me up to work for some rock band that I don't know doing god knows what." She said getting flustered.

"Kate." Said Alexa putting her hand over Kate's. "Calm down, its OK, you don't have to do it, its just that Brian thought of me and I told him what had happened. I...I kind of mentioned you and he said to send you over tomorrow to meet him."

"I don't know Alexa. What will I be doing?" Kate said may be slightly coming round to the idea but scared stiff about it. She'd never mixed with people like that. Famous people. They weren't her style.

"Nothing much at all just...organise them. Make sure they have everything they need on the bus, make sure they make their appointments, lots of little things like that. You'll find out tomorrow if you go. Look Kate, I'm going to be stuck around here not doing anything for a good month at least and I thought....no disrespect, rather than keep you occupied I could...get started on that book I've always wanted to write. Its a good opportunity for me too."

Kate sighed. She knew her friend was right, all their plans had changed now but she did still want to see LA and this was a good chance for her. "OK. I'll go. What are they like? What's this Brian guy like?"

"The guys are fun but I've only met them once so don't really know them. Now Brian, he's great, I worked with him for awhile and we got close. He's pretty cute. I'm sure you'll like him."

"I hope you're not setting me up here Alexa," said Kate, then laughed.

"Of course not, but its time you got yourself out there, its been years Kate, live a little, love a little."

"You know how I feel about love. It doesn't exist, only in books and movies. There's no such thing." She said drinking her coffee down.

"Course there is," responded Alexa. "Love just needs to find you."