I Want To Know What Love Is

I Want To Know All About You

"Thank you so much Andy, I don't know how I'd have carried it all without you," Kate said as she took the last of the bags from Andy.

"You're welcome Kate, catch you later, yeah?" He said. "You must watch the show, I'll look out for yer." He said.

"OK, see you later." She called after Andy watching him saunter off across the parking lot to where the crew buses were parked. What a lovely guy.

She sighed and looked at all the bags that were in the doorway of the bus. She was exhausted already, she'd shopped her socks off and now had to put it all away. She was also exhausted as Andy hadn't stopped talking, filling her in about MCR, about the guys and their private lives. She could remember some of what she'd been told but not all. She definately remembered the part about Gerard and his drug and drink addiction and was shocked. She'd asked in a roundabout way if he was with anyone and was so pleased to find out that he wasn't. He'd had a long relationship but it was over now.

"Let me get some of those," said a voice.

It was Ray, he was bending down to get a couple of the bags and his face was obscured by a mass of curls.

"Thanks Ray, I'm worn out, I didn't realise how much stuff you guys needed." Kate said taking some bags through to the living area of the bus. She immediately glanced over to the seat where Gerard had been sitting earlier but he wasn't there though his notebook was and a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"Thats because we'd used everything up and we're all lazy fuckers...oops, sorry." Said Ray. "I didn't mean to swear." He said, bashful.

Kate glanced up at him and frowned. He looked away.

"For fuck sake Ray, if you think I'm never going to fucking swear on this bus and expect you lot to not fucking swear then you're fucking mistaken. I'd better fucking fuck off right now!" She said.

Ray laughed. "Sorry its just that, we don't know you that well and you're not like most of the people that hang out with us."

"May be thats a good thing." I said and carried on putting the stuff away.

"You gonna watch us tonight?" Ray said bending down to the fridge to put some milk and juice away.

"I wouldn't fucking miss for the world." Kate said.

**

She couldn't sleep for thinking about the show but knew she had to get up pretty early to go and collect the guy's laundry. She glanced at the digits on her alarm clock. 02:54.

Her mind was awash with the show, she'd been amazed at the crowds and the noise and the music that had played. The guys had rocked, what an experience to be part of this and to know that the next day the same thing would happen all over again, she wanted to see the sea of fans faces in the crowds, the excitement and the love they had for the guys was immense, she'd never experienced anything like it. She was 36 years old and was looking after some guys in a rock band. 36. She couldn't believe she was that old already, life had passed her by it seemed. She wondered how old the guys were, late 20s, early 30s may be? How old was Gerard, too young for her she suddenly thought remembering how young some of the fans were, the adoring young girls gazing up at their idol. He could have anyone he wanted, why would he want some dried up old 36 year old?

She turned over, closed her eyes but try as she might she couldn't sleep. May be a hot milky drink and a cookie would do it, just half an hour with a drink and then she could try again.

She grabbed her silky robe from the bottom of the bunk and wrapped it around her and padded barefoot to the living area of the bus and as soon as she entered it she realised that she wasn't alone.

Gerard was there, sitting reading, a packet of cookies alongside him on the table. He glanced up at her and their eyes met.

"I was waiting for you," he said. "I thought you'd never come." Then he put the book down and offered her a cookie.

**

As he made her a milky drink he noticed her take a look at his book.

"Yeah, I know, its not the sort of book you'd expect me to read but...its one that I've always wanted to read but never got round to." He said as the microwave pinged.

"Its my favourite book of all time, cliche I know but it is. Pride and Prejudice, I can't remember how many times I've read it, the first time was when I was 15 though, i must read it at least once a year." She said flicking through it.

"So you enjoyed the show?" He said placing the mug of milk in front of her. "Careful, its very hot."

"Thanks. Yes, I loved it, I have to admit I've never heard you before, you were...amazing." She said. "You're very well loved by your fans."

"Its not just me," he said sitting alongside her. "Its a team effort. Team MCR we call ourselves. Cliche" He said and smiled at her. What the fucking hell was it about him? She knew it wasn't the fact that he was famous and talented it was something more, something deeper, she didn't get it, this instant attraction, it unnerved her, embarassed her and she felt as though she wasn't in control and hated that. She suddenly wanted to know all about him, every goddam last little thing.

"So." Gerard said as she took a sip from the milky mug. "Are you going to tell me all about yourself or what?"