I Want To Know What Love Is

Was This Love

The tour bus lurched and Kate woke with a start, she was sure it wasn’t that late in the morning but also knew that she hadn’t got to bed until 5am as she’d been nonstop talking with Gerard and now he knew everything about her.

Well, almost everything.

She hadn’t told him about Darcy.

Or Ryan.

She would though.

When she felt the time was right.

Checking her watch it read just after 8am, rubbing her eyes and then stretching she knew then she wasn’t going to get anymore sleep so decided to get up and see what the rest of the day held.

As she filled the kettle with water at the small kitchen sink she glanced towards the table where they had sat last night, it was clean and tidy apart from an empty pack of Gerard’s cigarettes and his lighter perched on top of them. Nothing else was there, no cookie crumbs, no milk splashes, it was as though she’d almost dreamt those hours they’d spent together sitting there laughing quietly and talking, she’d learnt so much about him.

The kettle clicked and she headed over to make herself a strong coffee and then she heard the tour bus toilet flush. She wondered who that could be at this hour she was sure she wouldn’t see any of the guys until at least midday and when she saw who it was who emerged from the door she was even more surprised.

It was Gerard.

"Hey what are you doing up so early? I didn’t think I’d see anyone up until at later, sepecially you. Coffee?" She said to him.

"Hmmm please." He said sleepily and going to sit over at the table he reached for his cigarette pack.

"I couldn’t sleep once I’d woken so thought I’d get up, I’ve actually got this idea for a song so while it’s still here", he tapped his forehead, "I’m going to write it down."

She saw him open the pack and realising it was empty he got up from the table once again and disappeared down the bus to his bunk where he soon emerged with a new pack and a huge pad that she hadn’t seen before.

Putting his coffee down he was already engrossed in writing in his pad so she decided to leave him be and go and get herself a shower. She couldn’t help but glance at him before heading off, jet black hair falling over his face and her stomach tingled in a manner that she’d never felt before.

While showering she couldn’t take her mind from him. What was wrong with her? It was ridiculous, she’d been thrown into this situation unexpectedly and all she really wanted was a vacation away from everything, her little shop tucked away in a small village back in England. It seemed like a different world to where she was now, showering on a tour bus with a rock band that she’d never even heard of, a totally unreal situation.

She couldn’t wait to tell Marcus all about it, she was sure MCR was one of the bands that he’d mentioned before and Frank was the guy he had a crush on. She was sure of it.

***

Brian had barely slept in his bus because for some reason this girl Kate had taken over his thoughts. She just wasn't his type and he couldn't understand it, may be he was getting older, may be it was now time to settle down and Kate, the British quirky woman who didn't even have her ears pierced let alone anything else and he doubted she had a tattoo, this woman, well, he was sure he'd fallen for her.

Was this love? He thought to himself as he headed off to the shower, he couldn't wait to go see her again.