Your Sweet Eyes

I

It was Jo's favourite place in London, and he had brought her here. The exquisite design and brickwork made her want to squeal with delight, even though she couldn't really see it in the dark. The blueish lights danced on the waving water, making everything seem luminescent. And he was there, in all of his stupid glory. He was dressed in a casual but smart suit, skinny tie and all. His brownish hair was as curly and adorable as ever, making it seem as though you could plunge your head into it and snuggle up.

"Thank you for tonight, Danny." Jo said, her voice dropping to a whisper. Her hot pink wrap fell off her shoulders and rested onto the crooks of her arms. Danny chuckled slightly and wrapped it around her shoulders again, trying to stop her shivering.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You deserve everything in the world, angel, and more." His voice tickled Jo's ear, making her giggle. "I'm going to give you more, I promise."

Danny moved a little bit closer and kissed her shoulder. Jo shivered, and let her head drop into the crook of his neck, whilst his arm draped around her other shoulder. They stood in silence for a while, taking in the chatter of the people passing by. It was a moment before Danny's soft voice made Jo look up.

"We ran past strawberry fields and smelled the summer time,
When it gets dark I'll hold your body close to mine,
And Then we'll find some wood and hell we'll build a fire,
And then we'll find some rope and make a swinging tire

Captivated by the way you look tonight the light is dancing in your eyes
Your sweet eyes,
Times like these we'll never forget, staying out to watch the sunset,
I'm glad I shared this with you,
You set me free, showed me how good my life could be,
How did this happen to me?

And then I'll swing you girl until you fall asleep,
And when you wake up you'll be lying next to me,
We'll go to Hollywood make you a movie star,"


He stopped for a second and twirled Jo around, his black dress floating around her as if she was flying. "I want the world to know how beautiful you are." He sang, his blue eyes meeting with Jo's.

"Captivated by the way you look tonight the light is dancing in your eyes
Your sweet eyes,
Times like these we'll never forget, staying out to watch the sunset,
I'm glad I shared this with you,
You set me free, showed me how good my life could be,
How did you happen to me?

There are no secrets to be told,
Nothing you don't already know,
bum bum bum,
We've got no fears of growing old,
We've got no worries in the world"


Danny sang the last note in a voice that made Jo's legs turn to jelly. Her eyes filled with tears as Danny twirled her around one last time.

"We got no worries in the world, sweetheart. I really do love you. You know that, don't you gorgeous?" He muttered, his fingers tracing Jo's face, "You look so beautiful in the moonlight."

"Christ Danny, you're so amazing. I love you too, you know that ,don't you gorgeous?"

Danny leaned down and stroked his thumb across Jo's cheek. His lips connected with hers just as he had hoped. Jo broke off and snuggled into Danny's neck, his scent as intoxicating as his smile.

"Anyway, wouldn't you like to be Mrs Jones?"
♠ ♠ ♠
jjelly beans :)