Aimless Heart

Lost but Not Found

Just waking, I opened my eyes and could see nothing. My head was throbbing as though I had just fallen or had been hit. I raised my upper body from the ground using my forearms. A deep pain tore through my body. I grunted in pain and lay back down. I clenched my fists. I had never felt such pain before. I could not stay where I was. I felt damp and cool and hungry. I slowly tried to get up again, bearing the pain that shot through my body. I finally sat myself up. I felt drained after doing so. I then slowly brought my arms around towards my back as to lift myself up from the ground. I had hardly any strength in me but I forced myself and after several minutes I was finally standing on my feet.

By now I was adjusted to the darkness. I knew not what I should do; if I should try to find my way out of this place or if I should just stay here. All of a sudden my heart felt hard. Hard as in the way a heart feels as though it is guilty or wants to cower. I began to walk. I felt like this would be pointless because I was lost but I couldn’t stay there forever. Timidly, I ran my arm along the walls as I walked. They felt cool and damp just as the floor and I decided that they must be stone too, like the floor. I walked for what felt like hours and I was already tired, but now I was just plain exhausted so I decided to find a corner and rest up before I continued walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short...but yeah