The Avenged Spirits of an Afterlife

The Art Of Subconscious Illusion

We all watched as Matt sat in the tattoo chair. Val took a seat next to him and held his hand. Brian and Jimmy looked around at the displayed tattoos. Johnny played around with his hat and kept watching every move that the female tattoo artist made. Maia stood next to me and Zacky looking at the other window display of tattoos. I felt Zacky wrap his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder. I smiled when I heard Matt talking to the tattoo artist.

"What would you like today?" she asked.

"Well I was thinking maybe a flaming heart tattoo with a banner on it with a saying..."

"And what would you like it to say?"

"Uh....'True Til Death'....I like that saying...." he replied.

All I could do was shake my head. Brian walked over to us and wrapped his arms around Maia. We all turned around when the artist started on Matt's tattoo on his forearm. Matt kept kissing Val as he got it colored. Once he was finished, Brian decided to get one. He ended up with a sleeve tattoo of a bunch of monsters doing surgery or something of that sort. It was weird, but he loved it. Then Jimmy got one. He got one that said "Fiction" because of how he thought his life was all fictional and what not. Next after that was Johnny. It seemed that Johnny was excited to get the tattoo because of the fact that it looked like he had a little thing for the artist. He ended up getting a "Lady Dracula" tattoo on his arm. I must say he is one weird kid, but such a sweetheart too. After all the guys got a tattoo Zacky said that he wanted one...in honor of me. I looked at him as he sat in the chair and watched him get a praying hands holding a dagger on his leg. He told me that it was for how he prayed for my love and how the hands are holding the dagger that pierced his heart and made him fall under a spell. I laughed at this because of how it was a crazy story but I appreciated it.

"Can I get one too?" I asked the woman.

"Sure...what would you like?" she asked.

I sat down in the chair when I looked at Zacky. I automatically knew what to get.

"Can I see a piece of paper and something so I can draw it?"

"Sure..." she replied handing me the essentials for it.

I began to draw something....I didn't know what, but I had this visual in my head. As I drew it, it turned out to be a skull, but not just an ordinary skull. It had a bandanna on its head and a hat tilted off to the side with a "V" in it. I made the skull look like it was an old one and added a bunch of lines to the cheek bones and around the eye sockets. I handed her the outcome of the drawing and she nodded. As she began to draw it on my back, everyone looked at the picture and then up at Zacky.

"Alright...would you like it colored?" she asked.

"No...I like it black and white..." I replied, slowly getting up.

"Very well..."

As I got up, I slowly rolled up my tank top so it wouldn't touch the tattoo. We all walked up to the front to go and pay for them when Johnny made a move.

"So...when do you get off work?" he said slyly.

"In about a half hour..." she replied looking at the screen.

We all rolled our eyes and paid, when he started again.

"Would you like to hang out with us?"

The woman looked up. I could tell she was a little embarrassed, yet flattered by the flirtation Johnny was giving her.

"Sure..if you don't mind..." she replied looking at us.

No one really minded at all. We all just smiled and nodded.

"What's your name by the way..." asked Matt.

"Chloe..." she responded.

"Well Chloe...we will be back...unless Johnny stays here..." said Jimmy.

We all laughed and started to walk out when Chloe came out from behind the counter.

"I'm the manager here...I can close down a little early...." she smiled.

We all smiled back and walked out. We watched as she locked up the parlor and turned towards us. We began to walk out of the mall when Jimmy's cell went off. We all stopped and looked at him.

"Yeah...we're coming out now...we'll meet you there....alright...talk to you later..."

"Who was that?" asked Brian.

"That was Mudrock, he wants us to meet him at Johnny's Bar..."

"Let's head over there then..." replied Val.

We all walked out of the mall and got into the van. My back was now killing me from the tattoo. I sat on Zacky's lap again and Matt began to drive. I felt Zacky massage my shoulders and kiss the back of my neck when we finally pulled into the parking lot of Johnny's.