Status: Slow active. Will try to update as much as possible.

Too Proud to Breathe

The journey

The plane shook violently as the wheels gently left the ground, the plane progressively rising rapidly further up into the sky. This was always the part I hated of plane rides; the lift off and landing always made me fear the worst and made my stomach instantly erupt into nervous jitters.

My hands grasped the arms of the chairs as the shaking got more violent, my eyes squeezed shut and my breathing irregular. I felt a hand placed on mine gently making small, calming circles. I looked up into the eyes of Aiden. A new sense of tranquillity floated through my veins. My breathing started steadying till it was back to an even pace whilst the planes turbulence decreased little by little. My eyes still staring straight into Aiden’s encouraging eyes.

“Are you okay now?” Aiden said in a hushed whisper. A small smile was placed on his face as he said these words.

“Yeah, erh, I mean yes. T-thankyou for you know...” I said in the same low tone, trailing off as my eyes drifted down towards our hands which were still interlocked with each others. Aiden pulled his hand away stealthily as he saw the same thing I did, running his hand through his hair nervously.

“Look, I’m sorry for what happened in the coffee house with your boyfriend. I just thought it was wrong that he should be treating you like that.”

“No, it’s okay. You were just doing what you thought was right,” I replied with a little smile. “Thank you for that though, by the way. Oh and he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Okay, well that’s actually amazing to know. So now that that is over with and we have a bazillion hour flight ahead of us, how’s about we get talking. I was thinking of something along the lines of ‘questions and answers’?”

“That sounds mighty fine Mr whatever-your-last-name-is,” I said with a new found confidence and an exhilarated feeling filled me. It was surprising how much this boy whom I barely knew affected me. But then my mind drifted back to Taylor. He did the same; he crushed away my outer-shell for what I thought would be to show me how he cared for me but instead it was to shatter me.

The questions went continuously on, us both learning a lot about each other. For example, although he now lives in South London he did in fact come from Ohio in America. Also he is a vegetarian, is afraid of mosquitoes and a lot of other things.

The plane journey was over too quickly; our peaceful atmosphere would soon be tainted with the poisonous disposition of Michael. With that in mind, I tried to make the most of my time minus Michael.

Yet this all came crashing down as soon as Aiden and I reached the luggage conveyor, accidently bumping into Michael. A look of utter rage filled his face as his eyes laid on Aiden’s smirking face. This was another thing I had found out about Aiden; he didn’t back down as easily as some may hope.

“Keyleigh what is he doing here?”

“H-he’s...”

“I’m her friend, what’s that got to do with you?”

“Look, back off pretty boy.”

“Okay, I’m going to go, Key, before this douche has an aneurism. Here’s my number, beautiful. Call me when you’re back in England.” With a wink and after slipping the slip of paper into my hand, he started walking off in the opposite direction. As I looked back towards Michael, I saw a powerful glare that seemed to be penetrating my eyes. Michael released a scoff and then stalked off in the direction of the exit.

One week with Michael and his awful attitude is going to kill me. I just hope that wasn't literal.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I've been away for longer than a few days but I seriously had a lot of exams and then I had severe writers block.
So sorry times a billion!