Status: Slow active. Will try to update as much as possible.

Too Proud to Breathe

The phone calls

Upon entering the kitchen the next morning, the stench of alcohol and stagnant, humid air filled my senses making it almost impossible not to retch. Empty beer bottles littered most of the available surfaces bringing about the realization that Michael must have kept drinking long after I had gone to bed.

And there, perched at the island side in the middle of all the mess was a passed out boy.

An idea suddenly struck me as I tiptoed towards the other side of the kitchen, where all the pots and pans were hanging neatly on the wall. After grabbing two of the heaviest, biggest pans I tiptoed back towards Michael and banged the two together as close to Michael as I could without harming him.

“What the fuck was that?!” With the speed that Michael jumped up, I was surprised he didn’t give himself whiplash. Suddenly, as his mind processed who had made the deafening noise, his whole body whipped round to face me, a scowl on his face.

“Payback’s a bitch, Michael. Hope you didn’t have a heart attack. Wait, I take that back...” With that I turned back around and headed back towards the bedroom to get ready for the long day ahead of me.

Michael; 1
Keyleigh; 1


♥♥♥

"Tan, I need your help."

"Key, you're in the bahamas! This call is going to cost a bomb!"

"Don't worry about it, the Ashford's are paying for everything, I'm sorry for calling you but I really need your help. I don't know what to do anymore." My throat grew tight and eyes started glaizing over.

"What's up babe?"

That's when everything came spilling out; Michael and the kiss, the Ashford's and their way of making me feel like I'm nothing, and Aiden and his introduction into my life. With it all off of my chest, I could feel the pressure decreasing bit by bit.

"Basically. Fuck them all, babe. Michael is just messing with you, he wants to get a rise from you. So don't let it get to you. The Arseford's, well they're just that; arses. They are bothered by image, you have less than a year left to deal with them then you're free from them. And this Aiden guy, I think you should try calling him now. Sneak out, meet up with him, have a bit of fun and sneak back. No-one will be none the wiser."

"Thanks Tan, for the advice. For everything. I'm gonna go get me some fun."

"Good on you chick, right I must leave as I have a date with a hunk, ring me later bitchface."

"Ohh a date, get you!" I replied in a joking manner, "remember, use protection!" With that I put the phone down, a smile now replacing the previous frown.

Next I tentatively dialled Aiden's number. What if he forgot who I was? Or wasn't interested? What if Michael catches me sneaking out and tells his parents? What if...

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice saying "hi", that voice belonging to Aiden.

"Erm, hi, it's ermm, well it's Keyleigh. From the plane, you gave me your number?"

"Oh I remember! How are you? Why are you calling." His voice sounded happy and his smile could be heard through the phone.

"Well, I was just calling to, erm I just wanted to know if you wanted to maybe do something today? If you're busy it's okay, or if you don't want to it's fi..."

A laugh stopped my sentence, a blush now glowering on my face. I knew he wouldn't want to hang out.

"I would love to, you're near the beach aren't you? I'll meet you by the peir in about an hour?"

"That sounds good, see you then."

The smile wouldn't leave my face, finally I would be getting away from Michael. A day with him and I was already wishing to drown him in the pool.

Now, to get ready and sneak away without Michael realizing.