I'll Be Your Wings

Truth Comes Out

Raphael's POV
I sigh, alittle worn from cleaning up Gabriel's mess. I know the attack wasn't his fault, but he could have done a better job at hiding........... what am I saying? It's Gabriel, no he couldn't. I look over to see my brother coming over with his new shadow.
"So, have fun with that?" He asks.
"Did you...." I started wondering if Gabe had erased the kid's mind about the event.
"Been there done that, boring" He interrupts; that boy drives me up the wall sometimes.
"Who's the kid?" I ask.
"Damion, this is Raph. Raph meet Damion" Gabe says. I can tell something has shaken the usually layed back, cocky child. I nod at the young one and turn to Gabriel. "Remember what I said"
"Yeah, I know. If M has the anti kid, we need to find him. And when I say we, I mean you"
This set me off, he was always avoiding shit like this. "That's enough!" I say. "You're coming with me if I have to drag you through Hell to do it! You're not backing off again, coward. You have nothing better to do!" I'm glad that he flinches. It means I got through to him. It always took this much to get through to that child minded playboy.
"Alright, alright fine" He raises his hands and looks at the human with concern. I take him by the shoulder and whisper my question. "Gabriel, what's with the kid?"
"I adopted him"Gabriel teases but his expression because serious after that. "I think M might be using him as a vessel" He adds. "I really don't want to leave him alone."
"And risk or lives to save one soul?" I ask. Some say I don't care about anything but I'd rather have to take a child than watch one slaughter my little brother. M is a nasty SOB that Lucifer holds high. That and one other who's name I haven't learned yet. Lilith was the 3rd but she's been cut off by none other than Sam Winchester.
"It's just a kid, Raph. Don't be so hard."
"It's M vessel"
"Maybe"
I growl and let him go; I don't like this; I really, really don't like this and I make that clear with a stare. He simply shrugs and smiles turning to the kid, telling him to run off. Since the human doesn't start asking questions, it assures me that Gabriel had in fact done what he was told...... for once.
"So where do you think M is?" Gabe asks cheerfully.
"Do you take nothing serious?" I ask and face-palm. "I was able to track him down town. Near the old railway depot. I... lost him.... after that"
"Oh ouch." Gabe flinches dramatically. "That must have hurt your ego"
I am so close to smacking him.... I swear. "We go there, we find M we take out the anti-Christ." I say quickly. "There's no need to drag this out like Castiel did"
"Hey who, is this the same kid?" Gabriel asks.
I shake my head, I didn't know. There's only about a 1/2 dozen anti's out there and we've taken down at least 4 if not 5. This one could be the last. "Maybe" I say... who cares? We take it out"
He nods and we begin to search; by the time night falls, we have nothing... it's a dead end. M is good at covering his tracks. We land to gather what we have on him, wondering how we can try and draw him out. Bring him to us instead of looking for him.
"Hey, Raph, look. It's the kid" Gabe says and crouches down, looking into the ally.
"What is he doing?" I ask.
"Humans... mostly adults.... call it graffiti but I think it's kinda cool. Expecially what he does"
I focus in on what the child is drawing or painting or whatever you wish to call it and I scowl. "I thought you wiped his mind"
Gabriel also has a look of confusion and surprise. "Wow, so did I" We both see it. The kid is depicting Gabriel battling the black birds.
"Damn, I look great." Gabriel says. "If I say I have a hot body, will you hold it against me?" He says with a cocky smile.
I hit him in the back of the head. "This is far from ok" I say. "If mind wiping the kid isn't enough..."
"Ah, so maybe it's like... his dream or something. You can't really wipe that" Gabriel says.
I am getting sick of his lose attitude on this. "We don't need a child to know what we are. That boy could be a target for M! He's already the damn demon's vessel!" I raise my wings up threateningly.
"We don't know that" Gabriel defends. "I saw his eyes change. They went black! M isn't a black eye'd demon but I saw what he can do! He's far above their pay grade!"
We both stop arguing and it hits up like brick wall. If the kid was higher than a black eyed but not a vessel than that left only one good reason why his eyes blacked out.
"He's the anti-Christ" We say in unison.

Gabriel's POV

"Dammit! That kid's the... the thing! Dammit!" I shout. I kinda liked the kid too. He didn't seem... bad like the 2 other I've encountered....way back. So I thought he was ok. Usually anti's are all 'I'm going to destroy the world' but Damion? He was just a kid... he acted like a normal kid! Could I really be fooled that easy? I sigh and look back down; Damion is still working and I can see why he didn't hear us; he's got earphones in.
"Don't tell you got attached to that runt" Raphael scolds.
"No" I lie. "But I did give his friend my blessing." I quickly add to that before we.... Raphael makes the final call. "Raphael he had my blade for a moment and he didn't use on me he used it on the birds. There were plenty of opportunities where I could have been the target but was not." I defend. I knew anti's were bad; they're the worst! ok the worst besides the 3... uh now 2 prime demons and of course Lucifer but this kid didn't seem like that to me. Raphael on the other hand didn't listen. He flew down right behind the kid and called his name.
"Dammit!" I say and land behind my rash, thick-skull brother. "Raphael...."
"You're a threat to this world, Damion. You have power that could set the earth in a chain of wars for millenniums. I'd say I'm sorry but I'm really not." Raphael has his angel blade ready and Damion cowers behind his spray can. It a second, Raphael is no longer my older brother but now simple crow. I stare in slight wonder and amusement but frown at Damion. "that's a little excessive don't you think?" I ask picking up my bird brother. I quickly remove my hand as he tries to bite me.
"He... he's like the other one." Damion looked away. "He tried to kill me, what was I supposed to do?! Are you in on this? what are you? I saw your wings" I pointed at the art. "You're an angel. Father was right. You guys are after me. You're trying to kill me."
"Kid you don't get it" I try to say.
"No!" Damion roars. "I do! Father said I was chosen! Chosen for something great! I'm not letting you or any other angels stand in my way!"
I block as his energy sends my flying back into the wall. Raphael flies into the air in a flurry of feathers and Damion vanishes. I sit up holding my head in pain. As I stand, I turn looking up for any sign of either the boy or the... bird angel but I see nothing against the moon's glare. I scan the ally just in case and begin walking around, my wings too sore to fly from the wall they just collided with. I've probably walked a good mile or so when I stop and scan a building for any signs of the kid. My eyes rest on a solid concrete wall, a blank slate. Directly across from it is a painting of a young girl with wings, holding a dean bird. The words above are 'why can't I just heal him?' and 'all things have to die, it's his time'. I smile sadly. It had to be one of Damion's the wing detail was incredible. This, I don't understand, the kid is an anti but it seems like he has a good heart. Is this even possible? So far all the anti's I've meet were demonic to the core and they've all met their end via angel blade. So are anti's destined to be like those 4 or 5? Or could Damion be the exception?
I shake my head in foolishness. Now I know how Sam and Dean felt. We had this same conversations when I told them to suck it up and play their parts. I was the one that said it was their destiny. I was Raphael in that situation and they were me. Now the sides have turned. Why am I the one asking if destinies can be changed? Is it because I kinda like the kid? I teleport home; I really need to think on this. If Damion was hanging out with M well there's no chance for him. M was... well... M. A big back of demon dick. He'd end up turning the kid into a 'mini me'. I shudder at the thought. If I could just break M's hold on Damion....
That's when I get the idea. I'd kill M and maybe Damion could make his own path. There's no real destiny for anti's. That's what I'd do. I cuddle up with Jackie and drift off into sleep. Bright and early that morning, I'd leave, find the kid and follow him to that damn demon's lair. I'll enjoy killing that bastard M.