Loyal to a Forgotten King

Change of Heart

Angela fell asleep as Loki held her. Her body exasperated from the pain earlier and the lack of sleep she's been getting. Loki smiled and set her in her bed. He stayed up and thought of what to do next. He wanted to speak with her when she woke but that probably wouldn't be for a while. Darcy came back and threatened him since she didn't see Angela immediately upon walking through the door but Loki assures her that Angela is safe by showing her the proof of Angela in bed. Darcy then started accusing him of sleeping with her and threw a fit. Loki closed Angela's door to try and let her sleep and argued with Darcy about unfair accusations. The argument cooled off and the compromise was to ask Angela to prove Darcy's accusations were false. In the meantime, Darcy watched T.V. and Loki sat at the counter reading a book.
It wasn't for a few hours that Angela finally woke up. As soon as she walked out of her room Darcy hit her with the question. "Did he rape you?!!"
Loki sighed and let his head fall onto the counter. He couldn't take much more of this girl's idiocy.
"What?! Darcy!" Angela yelled. "NO! Geez child what are you on?! What kinda of question is that!? Of course he didn't!" she folded her arms. "Damn you're a weird girl!"
"Well I left and you 2 were talking" Darcy said. "I come back and he has a guilty look on his face!" She pointed at Loki, who didn't look up.
"I fell asleep ok?!" Angela said. "Sorry for going unconscious cause I was hurt!"
"Was?! You still are!" Darcy said. "Ok that's it I am so taking you to..." as she grabbed Angela's hand, her friend pulled away.
"You don't need to" Angela said. She lifted her shirt and showed where the wound was. It looked as if nothing was there in the first place; no blood, no scar.
"How?" Darcy asked.
"I used magic, stupid girl" Loki said finally looking up. "It's not that big of a deal. Except for maybe the fact that if she continued to ignore it she would only have about a week to live"
"WHAT?!" Darcy exclaimed.
Angela put a finger to Darcy's mouth. "Please stop yelling. My head hurts and it's healed so I’ll be living longer than a week"
Darcy pouted. "I still don't trust you"
"you don't have to" Loki said. "I really don't care"
Angela sighed. "Darcy can you keep this a secret?"
Darcy suddenly realized what Was between these two... well kind of. {"Ok so Angela has a full on crush on him and IDK why Loki stays but he probably made a deal with her for something... he's unreadable"} she processed this in her mind. {"Whatever it is... it's big..."}
"Sure" she said. "Why not. You do realize that if SHIELD knows or finds out he's here you're both dead... right?"
"Yes" Loki and Angela said in sync.
"I know the risk and am willing to take it" Angela said. {"I will prove that Loki has a good side"} she thought.
"Can she leave?" Loki asked.
"Hey!" Darcy said.
Angela sighed. "I thought Jane needed you"
"Ok jeez I get the point" Darcy said. "And yeah I do need to get back." she waved good bye and left.
Loki sighed. "Geez that girl is irritating"
Angela laughed. "Yeah she really is" she sat down next to him. "But a loyal friend. And good company for a lonely woman"
Loki smiled at her. "Admit it. You missed me"
"Barely" Angela said blushing. They both laughed. "Ok" she said. "Maybe a little." her smiled fades. "Can you explain something to me... truthfully?"
Loki knew this was coming sooner or later. He nodded. "Ask away darling"
"What happened with the attack on New Mexico? Why did you do it?" Angela asked.
Loki sighed and told her his story. They both were silent quite a while afterwards. Angela told him he could stay in the spare room and that she needed time to think. As she went to bed she glanced at him one more time. He was still sitting there with a sad smile on his face. She sighed and started to think. {He wanted to prove himself. His race was the enemy. But you don't just wipe them out. That was his mistake. He fell to earth somehow. He's kind, but scary. His brother does sound a bit full of himself. He still didn't explain why he helped me..." These though lulled her to sleep and in the back of her mind, a thought wriggled itself into her dreams. "What if he helped me because he wants someone as much as I do? But why'd he choose me when there are so many more?"}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angela woke up as the sun shone through her window and onto her bed. She almost freaked out at the sighed a fury thing lying beside her. She relaxed as she saw that it was only Loki's scarf. She got dressed and picked it up. A note was underneath it.
(this is the note) [Thank you for listening to my story. It feels good to talk about it and not be called a monster. I am sorry for lying to you. I wanted to tell you sooner. I have enjoyed all of our talks and time we spent together. Thank you for keeping me company, Angela. I think you've helped me more than I have you. You are kind and understanding; and a beautiful young woman. I also apologize for getting you tangled in my troubles. I was too caught up in helping you I didn't cover my tracks very well. I never meant to get you involved. As so not to put you in more danger with SHIELD I've decided to try to restart. A second chance might do me well, as you have said. Thank you again, Darling. Farewell"]

It was signed by Loki. Angela looked down a bit hurt. He did it again. He left without a goodbye... well without a proper one. The scarf was still warm so Angela figured he had just left. She ran out and looked around. It would be difficult to find him but she was determined. She asked around and a few people helped her but the trail went dead too soon. She sighed and was unaware that she was walking past the college; too lost in her thoughts.
"Angela!" she heard her name and came back out of the clouds. "Jane?" She asked.
"Where's Loki?" Jane asked folding her arms.
"I don't know" Angela said.
"Don't lie, Darcy told me everything" Jane scolded.
Darcy came up behind. "She threatened me with rope and saying she'd tie upside down for a week. She'd do it too. I'm sorry Angela"
"No I’m telling the truth" Angela said. "I really have no idea. He just up and left this morning. I've been looking everywhere for him."
"Good “Jane said.
"Jane..."Darcy said. "Don't you think it'd be better if we knew where he was?"
"SHIELD can deal with him" Jane said. She turned to Angela. "And you too. I bet you let him out"
"Actually that was a giant, Greek, 3 headed hell hound called Cerberus and its master Hades, Greek god of the underworld" Angela corrected just for own entertainment, even if it was the truth.
"You’re a smart ass" Jane said.
"I know" Angela relied. "But can you help me find him?"
"Why should I?" Jane asked.
"Cause if he's with me you can keep an eye on him" Angela replied. "Make sure he doesn't cause any more trouble"
Jane thought this over. It was a good idea. Loki didn’t need to be wandering the world unattended to. Ok fine"
Angela smiled. "Thank you Jane"
"Meh" was Jane's response. "Get in the van"
Angela sat with Darcy and Jane talked about how Loki would never be allowed on a plane so he'd be either walking or driving from place to place and how they needed to look for him in blah, blah, blah...
"Thank you" Angela whispered to Darcy.
"For what?" Darcy whispered back. "I totally blabbed to her. Sorry"
"Thanks for helping me now" Angela said. "I don't know how I’d find him if you hadn't mentioned the whole 'better if we knew where he was' comment"
"Oh um... you're welcome I guess" Darcy said. "BTW where you telling the truth about the whole 3 headed dog thing?"
"A silver tongue never tells the secret" Angela said smiling. "You'll have to figure it out"
"hmm" Darcy folded her arms. "Well ok whatever"
Angela laughed as they arrived at their first destination. It was Dr. Selvig's house. After convincing him to join the search, the group of 4 went to the 1st place that they thought a wanted criminal god might go. A bus lot... well to see if Loki got on any buses. They got a solid lead saying that he was dropped on at the nearest train station in Needles California only a few minutes ago.
It took them 4 hours to get there and Angela figured he wouldn't be there at all. "Knowing him he's probably on a train by now"
One there, Angela and Darcy split up from Jane and Dr. Selvig to try and get any info about where Loki went. 2 more hours passed; it was 10:00 at night. Jane and Dr. Selvig were about to call it quits and met up with Darcy and Angela. They weren't able to come up with anything. Angela sighed. "Yeah alright. Thanks for helping though" She stopped to use the rest room and told the others to go ahead and find the van. "I'll meet up in the front"
As she walked the last stretch towards the exit she saw a man sitting on one of the benches with his back towards her. She had lost hope and kept walking. She resisted the urge to look back for only a second and was sure glad that she turned around. Sitting on the bench was Loki. Angela was too happy that she had found him too be mad. She came over and gave her unsuspecting friend a hug. "I've been looking everywhere for you"
"Hello Angela" Loki said, still recovering from the shock of the hug.
Angela sat next to him. "I though you have left by now"
"Well I would have" Loki said. "However, the Midgardian authority thought otherwise since I have no proof of living here. It was an aggravation that lasted a few hours and those morons are still wasting my time"
"Well technically you don't live here." Angela said. "you were imprisoned here"
"don't remind me" Loki said and rested his chin in his hand. "Coulson was as aggravating as Thor with his talk of this Patriot"
"Loki?" Angela asked. "Please come back with me. I don't care if SHIELD knows you're staying with me. Where will you go anyway?"
Loki shrugged. "I have no idea really... I'm to the point of taking on the look of an officer now."
"With me, at least you have somewhere to stay instead of wandering earth"
Loki looked up at her, not quite sure what to say.
Angela, however did. She leaned in and placed a kiss on his lips. This time it was Loki's turn to get a bit of red on cheeks. "That's payback for last year" she said. "Now can we go home? I'm tired of looking for you all over the place"
She dragged him outside where the van was waiting. "Guys I found him!"
"wow" Darcy said as they got in. "where"
"Waiting for a train" Angela said. "They wouldn't let him in anyway without proof any legalism"
"Well duh" Darcy said.
Loki rolled his eyes. "I think she just needs me. With out me she'd wouldn't know what to do with herself." He leaned close to Angela's face. "Isn't that right"
"In your dreams" Angela said.
Jane slapped Loki hard. "That's for New Mexico, and Thor"
Loki put a hand to his cheek. Her slap hurt more that Angela's did. "you hit like a girl" He did deserve it though so Angela didn't object.
Jane yelled at him a bit more then finally gave in to driving him and Angela home. Loki stared out the window the whole time. Angela fell asleep, leaning on him, which made Darcy laugh. By the time Jane dropped them of it was 2:00 in the morning. Jane threatened him again about calling SHIELD if he did anything stupid. Darcy said that she'd check in on them frequently. Loki agreed and took Angela inside. He let her stay asleep and put her in bed. He then went to bed himself in the guest room that Angela had let him use. He thought about Angela as he fell asleep. {She must have spent the entire day searching for me? Why do such a foolish thing?"}
♠ ♠ ♠
{} thought