Loyal to a Forgotten King

Forbidden Friends

"Wait a second I thought the government took him something. It looked big... how are you?" One of Angela's classmates was questioning her about Loki. Angela had gotten back into school for her last year since she quit mid-semester last year. She didn't mind having to take the year again. All it was, was a day of school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
"Look" Angela said. "It was an oops. Liam was spotted by someone and he just so happens to look similar to a really bad dude that's wanted for a lot bad stuff" She internally screamed at herself for the fail at lying.
"Really? So he's off the hook?" her classmate asked.
"Yeah it took a year for the mess to get cleaned up. They found the real guy and finally released Liam" Angela said. "Which makes me happy"
"So are you two together or something?" he asked.
"Well he started out as a guy I made a bet with really" Angela said. "I never thought that we'd become friends..." She looked down and smiled, playing with her pencil.
"Just friends?" The guy asked and leaned in teasingly.
"Jacob!" Angela said. "For now yeah"
Jacob laughed. "for now huh?"
"Oh please don't be like Susan" Angela groaned.
"Oh about that" Jacob said. He hit her on the shoulder playfully. "You got guts. That was awesome! I've never seen any of her victim's stand up to her like that. What'd she say to finally get you pissed off anyway?"
"Um..." Angela thought. "The fact that she said I was something I’m not"
"What? too general" Jacob said. "Come on? I saw you had blood on you when you hit her. Did she think you were cutting or something?"
"Well yeah" Angela said. "But there was more to it. What she said disrespected me and Liam"
"Oh I get it" Jacob said. He scuffed. "That woman needed to be hit. Especially if she assumed that." He gave her a cheesy smile. "You've grown since then. I can tell. You're not the stubborn drinking, attention craving kid that came here wanting a job"
"Um thanks" Angela said. "But I’m still plenty stubborn"
"Oh believe me I know. I've missed your opinions in classes. I seriously thought you were gone when you left for a year" Jacob said.
"This is my last year though" Angela said.
"Well I’ll be glad to graduate with you then" Jacob smiled.
School ended at 4:00 and as Angela came out she saw Loki. They had made a deal that in public, if too many people were around, Angela would call him by his alias; Liam. Other than that, Angela mostly referred to him by Loki.
"LIAM!" Angela called.
Loki looked up from reading and smiled. "Hello Angela. How was your class?"
"Pretty good" Angela said. "Professor Dean is a bit mad with me for cutting his class last year"
"I'm sure he'll get over it" Loki said. "Besides, you have me to worry about instead" He gave his playful smirk again.
Angela jumped as someone came from behind and covered her eyes. "Guess who"
"IDK... the tooth fairy? Come on Darcy" Angel said.
"Aw" Darcy pouted then laughed. "You're too good"
Angela shrugged. "What's up?"
"I found something cool. I think it's roman" Darcy explained. "Like old Roman"
"What is it?" Angela asked thoroughly interested.
"I'm not sure actually" Darcy replied. "I think it's a laurel..."
"A head dress?" Angela asked. "Really?"
"No but..." Darcy sighed. "Just come here"
Angela followed her to the van and Darcy brought it out. "I think it has some kind of magic." she was right. The headdress was glowing ever so slightly.
"Oh wow" Angela said. "That's cool" She took it and her eyes went wide. Her whole body tingles from the item and she gave it back. "It like vibrates in your hands"
"IKR!" Darcy said. "It's kinda creepy. I wonder who it belongs to"
"Probably a god" Loki said plainly. "Based on the glow, the vibration and the weight. It somewhat makes me think of Mjölnir. just less heavy and most likely doesn't belong an idiot"
The girls laughed.
"Want to find out" Angela asked. "I'll do my research when I get home. The Greek and Roman myths seem to be pretty reliable." She was way to over exited. "Wow! If we find him, I would have met 3 gods in a row!"
"3?" Darcy asked.
"Yeah Loki is one... this guy, if we find him, is 2 and..." She paused thinking about Ares and her promise. "Oh duh... I meant 2" She smiled.
Loki sighed. He knew about Angela's run in with Ares, the Greek god of war and the fact that Darcy didn't know about it. As they walked home he shook his head. "you have a big mouth"
"I caught it didn't I?" Angela pleaded.
"What if you hadn't? I wouldn't want to be the one to blow the cover of the god that rules war" Loki said.
"Well I didn't ok?" Angela pouted. "Geez"
During the weekend, she went over legend after legend to find if any of the Greek and Roman gods had a headdress as their symbol or something. It took about a day of research but she got 2 results. Both were questionable gods.
"Got it. Ok so it's belongs to one of the following" she said. "There’s Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, who wears a laurel headdress as a symbol of youth and then there's Dionysus, the god of wine that wears a headdress of leaves to... basically show off. It sounds like he's a big flirt that takes advantage of girls." She cringed. "I hope the laurel belongs to the goddess"
"As do I" Loki said.
"For what reason?" Angela accused jokingly. "You just want to look at her beauty"
"perhaps" Loki smiled getting a bit of mileage out of her reaction. "In all truth, if the headdress belongs to the goddess then you wouldn't be a target. If the god is as you have described him, he may try to take advantage of you, if the headdress belonged to him."
Angela looked up. "Oh... good point" She bit her lip. It was a 50, 50 chance that it belonged to the goddess. Angela had a feeling the goddess of beauty was a bit of a slut. She certainly was in the legends; and she sounded like she was a snooty little daddy's girl.
"Well if it was the goddess wouldn't you be a target?" Angela said.
"I can halde my own against a woman, Angela" Loki said. "don't underestimate me"
"I'm not" Angela said. She sighed and thought of who it might belong to. "Mabe Ares knows"
"He most likely would, but we have no way to contact him" Loki added.
"Maybe the dagger he gave me could help" Angela said and ran into her room. She came out carrying the weapon. "Ya know? I haven't really looked at it in detail since he gave it to me." she said sitting next to Loki. She took it out of the scabbard and looked at the blade. "It has writing on it"
"Do you know how to read it?" Loki asked. "If not I might be able to"
"No hold on" Angela said thinking. "I know a little bit... lemme try" She helped it up and read across. "páno... apó ta... sýn...nefa... petó ston... Ólympo" She put it back in the holder and shook her head. "I have no idea what it means though. The last word is Olympus but that's all I can recognize"
"Strange" Loki said. "Perhaps it was made..."
In a flash of light they vanished from the room.