Loyal to a Forgotten King

Viper

"Viper" Fury said. "Last of our top 3. Cunning and spiteful. Bring her in and we'll let you and Angela go"
"Bringing down a woman will not be very difficult" Loki said. "Give me something more challenging... please" he rolled his eyes and gave a smart ass look just to annoy Fury.
"Don't underestimate her" Fury warned. "Some say she 1/2 snake but we do know she uses poisons as one of her favorite attacks"
"I'll keep that in mind" Loki said not really caring. "Let's just get this over with"
"Last we saw of her, she was in Germany." Fury said. "Well get you there."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angela and Darcy were basically under house arrest until Loki came back with Viper in hand. As he left, Angela gave him the dagger. "Just in case"
"Good luck" Darcy said. "Like you'll need it" she scoffed.
"Of course I won't need it, darling." Loki smirked. "She is only a woman" To his pleasure, Darcy got offended and yelled at him. He was flown to Germany and was given a communicator to radio that he had her, plus a few other things, and left on his own. It wasn't hard to find her, actually. She came to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loki wandered the streets of Germany following a lead he got from a man wearing the Hydra symbol. Let's just say the man won't be waking up any time soon........... The lead was that Viper was planning something big for the leaders of Germany when they met in a week in Berlin. So Loki headed that way. The lead also gave a description of what she looked like. About as tall as Loki, loved the color green and had either black or deep great hair. He warned Loki of her bite and that her venom will change a man. It didn't make much sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Loki came to the meeting hall he saw a woman fitting that description walking in. It was only a day away until the leaders met. She seemed to be scoping out the area and speaking to someone on a communicator of her own. Loki could see in hidden in her ear behind her hair. Her deep green hair. This was definitely Viper. As to not draw attention Loki followed her from a far. If she was as cunning as Fury said, she'd notice him soon. He ended up losing her after about an hour. So he stayed at an inn near the meeting hall for the night. He thought about Angela as he went to bed. Trying to clear his mind of her he struck up a conversation with an old man but somehow it ended up on the topic of women.
"Angela is a very stubborn woman" Loki said.
The old man laughed. "What woman isn't?"
"Good point" Loki agreed. He smiled just thinking about her. "She's absolutely insane"
"In what way?" The old man asked.
"In the fact that she loves mythology." Loki replied. "If there was a guild for knowledge of myths, she could be their leader"
"A guild?" The old man asked. He laughed again. "You are a very strange fellow, boy. By the sound of it, I'd say you fancy her"
"As a friend, yes" Loki said. "She is a very good friend indeed. Loyal, hardworking and caring, yet also silver tongued, Not as good as me of course. She complains way too much about small things though and likes to drink, but all in all is very good person"
"Sounds like a very fun woman to talk to" the old man said.
"Very much so" Loki laughed. "I could spend hours speaking with her. Her humor makes me laugh."
"She pretty?" Old man asked taking a drink and offering Loki one.
Loki took a drink and nodded. "I've never seen eyes as pretty as hers. Angela is a beautiful woman. Her hair is very soft."
The old man chuckled. "You fancy her much. I can tell the way you speak of her"
Loki sighed and thought about it. "Maybe. I helped her change. She was once a drunk that craved touch. Now she, hardly drink and has learned to control her need for physical attention." He took another drink and shook his head. "What is wrong with me? I feel the need to protect Angela and speak of her like goddess." he laughed. "Perhaps she put a spell on me?" He looked down at the drink near his hand. "Or I've had too much to drink"
"You’re in love, boy" the old man said. "I can hear in your speech and see it in your eyes." He looked up at the cuckoo clock. "An old man like me shouldn't be staying up this late. I suggest we get a good sleep tonight. You have a big day ahead of you... don't you boy?"
"Indeed I do" Loki said and retired to his room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
German police surrounded the meeting hall, blocking off the public as the leaders arrived. Loki watched as her saw Viper talking to one of them she smiled and kissed his cheek in a friendly manner. Loki saw the man's eyes turn green and then back to normal; where Viper kissed him was now a slight green tint. The lead's words ran through Loki's head. "Beware of her bite. It can change a man." Fury's words also rang in Loki's ears. "She uses poisons as one of her favorite attacks" This must be her poison; her bite. Mind control to get what she wants. He couldn't just attack her now, that's be dumber than holding a lightning rod during a rain storm. Not only would Loki blow his mission, he'd get taken by the German forces and break the deal he made with Fury. Which meant no more Angela and a life time in prison... how dull.
He watched as the leaders walked in. He kept an eye on Viper as she walked away. "What did you do?" He wondered and followed her. This was his chance to get her to talk.
As he followed she tired and hissed at him. An actually hiss; like a snake. Her pupils were vertical like the animal she claimed as her nickname. As she hissed at him, Loki could see that her canines were elongated and her tongue was long and forked. "You can't help them now!" she spat. "Not even your glorious director Fury can!"
"He's not glorious. If anything he's far from it. A big oaf really" Loki said. "Oh but if you want to see glory..." He stepped forward and with each step, a part of his Asgardian clothing materialized around him.
Viper became suddenly afraid then, her expression changed to an evil grin. "Sending one villain to catch another?" She asked. "How desperate are you Fury?"
"He's not desperate, I'm just sick of him bothering me" Loki said. "He's a thorn in my side I plan to get rid of"
"We could get rid of him together" Viper offered taking a step back. "I know you'd like that. To rid the world of that pest."
"I really would but I made a promise." Loki said. "You’re going to tell me what you did to that man and why. Then you'll be SHIELD's prisoner."
"Like hell I will!" Viper said. She leaped up and struck Loki in the head with her heel. She landed and hissed again. Before Loki could get up see was on top of him. "I'm going to kill you." she said. "Hundreds more. Once one leader kills another, a civil war will break out and Hydra will rule again. I will be at the top!"
"Not likely love" Loki threw her off and quickly stood but lost sight of her. Within seconds, shooting pain erupted in his shoulder. Viper had sunk her teeth into him, injecting her venom into his blood. Loki cried out and threw her down on the ground. "biting isn't very nice. Perhaps you should try others way to get a date" He changed into his Frost Giant form. "My turn" Loki grabbed her by the throat. She screamed as the cold shot threw her body. "As cold blooded as you are" Loki said. "You should welcome my touch"
Viper went limp and Loki dropped her to the ground. He took a broken 1/2 of a bottle and sank Viper's fangs into it, milking her venom. He changed back to normal and his Asgardian outfit returned to a suit. He walked up to one of the guards that stood at the hall. The guard put a hand to his hip, ready to pull out his weapon. Loki thrust the bottle in his face. "Take this to a man that can create and antidote. One of your leaders has been poisoned to kill his colleague" He walked past and into the hall, which caused quite an uproar, but it was just in time. As Loki entered the hall, the leader that had been kissed had a gun to another's head, unaware to the situation around him. He was shaking which showed that he was fighting the venom. Loki came up behind him and pressed a nerve on his neck, making his pass out and drop the gun. Panic filled the room and the leader ran out to their transportation. Emergency staff rushed in 20 minutes later with the antidote to Viper's venom. Using it on the leader. Loki made his way out without drawing too much attention and back to where Viper lay. He tied her up and threw her over his good shoulder. Turning Frost Giant he kept her cold, which kept her passed out since she really was half snake. Using back Alley ways he made his way to where he was dropped off. He radioed to SHIELD saying that he had her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow" Fury said. "I didn't think he'd actually do it"
"Yeah well he made a mess of it" Coulson said turning a screen to live German news. If translated to English, the news would basically this. "One of the leaders of Germany was found passed out in the meeting room after trying to kill a member of the board. Thanks to an unknown source, that apparently threatened a guard, and forced his way into the hall, the leader was diagnosed with venom. He is now in the hospital in critical condition..."
"I figured he would" Fury said. As they landed they saw Loki coming towards them with Viper slung over his shoulder.
"That's creepy" Coulson said at the appearance of Loki's Frost giant form.
"Always gotta make an entrance" Fury said walking up to Loki.
"Keep her cold" Loki said dropping Viper. "It keeps her sleeping."
"You’re blue" Coulson said.
"Yes I am... thank you captain obvious" Loki said walking up slowly. His shoulder hurt like hell but he bore the pain well. "Are we going or not?"
"Shouldn't you get that looked at?" Coulson asked.
"no, I'll just sit here and bleed to death,thank you" Loki replied, scowling at them. He handed him the broken bottle with viper's venom.
Coulson got the hint as they lifted off. "We'll start on the antidote when we get to the Helicarrier."
Loki nodded and took a deep breath. It was getting harder and harder to breath.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angela piddled with her Norse key chain, rubbing her thumb on the helmet. "Please be ok"
As the jet landed, Angela ran outside. Coulson walked out first and started ordering the staff around.
Fury walked out with Loki and Angela's stomach twisted in knots. Fury had Loki's arm over his shoulder and was helping him walk. Viper's venom was taking its effect.
Angela ran over. "What happened?"
"Viper bit him" Fury said. "Coulson's making the anti-venom as we speak"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It took only 10 minutes for Loki to get the anti-venom. He recovered within 24 hours.
"You kept you end I'll keep mine" Fury said. "you're off or radar"
"took you long enough" Loki replied. "Well I suppose this means I can do whatever i want"
"Not a chance, Loki" Fury said. "You screw up and you'll go back on the bad guy list. We still don't trust you"
"Well I know I wouldn't trust me either" Loki smirked.
Fury gave him a look of irritability. "you're on thin ice, Loki"
"Well than I just watch where I step as so not to fall." The god of Mischief grinned widely as Fury gave up the argument and transported him and Angela home.
Angela sighed as they walked home.
"Something wrong?" Loki asked.
"No" Angela said. "I'm just happy"
"About what?" Loki asked.
"That you're staying" Angela said. She smiled again.
Seeing her smile, made Loki smile. He put a hand on her cheek and gave her a long, beautiful kiss. "I'm happy I'm staying too" He smiled. This was it. The first day, of the rest of his life.