Loyal to a Forgotten King

Unexpected Savior

Angela giggled as a guy flirted with her. He sneaked a few kisses on her neck and played with her hair. Sure they were out for just her looks and maybe more but she was always able to get away before it got too far. Her standards were lower than average but at least she had some unlike the slutty hussies that were usually at this bar. As the man got a bit too eager and tried to sneak his hand up her skirt she knew it was time to go. As he got distracted she slipped out and grabbed her keys. She took out her valuables and locked her car, then proceeded to walk home. She knew how bad it was to be drunk and drive a car. She wasn't that stupid. After a while she got an eerie feeling that she was being followed so she picked up speed. When she looked back she didn't see anyone so she relaxed. As she turned a corner she didn't pay attention to the road and a late bike rider slammed into her.
"Oh my god are you alright?!" the boy exclaimed.
"Ow yeah... I should be" Angela said. She quickly tried to make her road rash appear less.
"Lemme walk you home" the boy offered but Angela shook her head.
"I've had enough male company for one night" she said.
The boy blushed and picked up his bike. "I get it. Ok. Sorry for hitting you" he walked on and Angela stuck out her tongue. "I'm not that you rude little boy"
She looked herself over and saw the damage. Her elbow got the worst of it with a deep gash in it, her hip had a road rash that had to be a 5 on a 1-10 scale of bad. Her knee had a few scratches and her back had a rash all the way down on her right side. Luckily for her, only her elbow and hip were bleeding. She picked up her purse and continued on ward, cursing the boy for not paying attention. She passed 3 men that eyed her in a creepy way. She knew they saw an advantage in her wounds so she tried to pick up the pace. It worked for a few blocks and Angela thought she lost them until she looked back. They still followed. Her hip hurt more and more as she moved so it slowed her down and the men caught up to her.
"Where you going hottie?" one asked. He looked like he was in his early 20's.
"Aren't I a little old for you?" Angela asked. Of course in her short dress, she looked a lot younger than 27.
"I bet you're only 24" Another man said. Angela got the chills when he grabbed her shoulder. Plus it hurt her rash.
"Look I have to get home" Angela said, trying to be all innocent.
"We could walk you home” the third offered. "Besides... you're hurt"
"Oh well no that's alright." Angela refused the offer and the men were starting to get mad.
"Look lady" the youngest said. "We just wanna have a bit of fun" he leaned in close and put a hand on Angela's breast. She maneuvered out of reach and backed up into one of his companions. He grabbed her arms and put them behind her back as the third nabbed Angela's purse. The man's grip made Angela cry in pain. "Please stop!" she cried "You're hurting me!"
"Let the woman go" a voice cried out.
The thief looked up and asked why. Before them was a tall man wearing a black coat and a scarf. His hair was black and his eyes were emerald green. He simply smiled and answered. "Because if you don't I will make your closet friend kill you in the way you fear most and release them just long enough to see their work and as they scream I will spit their skull"
Angela's eye widened. This guy was terrifying. He even scared the 3 street rats.
"Man you're a creep" the young one said and was the first to run off. The other tossed her to the ground with her purse and ran off.
The third froze and stared at the man. "Just don't hurt us we're sorry!" he squealed and dashed after his fellow bullies.
Angela refused the man's offer to help her up and looked him in the eye. " Bit harsh... but... thanks"
"You're welcome." The man said. “But such a beautiful woman shouldn't be walking alone at such a late hour"
"Yeah well I only live about a mile away from where I came from so I think I’m good" Angela said. "Besides." She gave him a sarcastic scared look and teased him. "You're scary"
"thank you" the man said lifting his head proudly. "did they do that to you?" he asked gesturing to her side and elbow.
"Bike accident" Angela said. "I have Band-Aids at home I’ll be fine"
"Might you accept my offer to walk you home so you don't appear to be a target for any more drunken apes?"
"Apes?" Angela smiled. "You're strange" she sighed and accepted. There was something about him that made her like him. Perhaps it was the mysteriousness of him, or maybe because he just saved her from becoming the new face on a milk carton. He asked Angela her name and she told him but then in return asked for his.
"Liam" The man answered.
They continued walking and talking for a while but Angela's hip was really slowing her down. They arrived at her apartment complex and went inside. Liam insisted that he help tend to her wounds so Angela gave in.
"Ow" she pulled back and he put a hot cloth in her elbow.
"Stop complaining" Liam said and grabbed it back. "You have glass in it. That's why it's hurting"
Angela cried as he took it out. He had to hold her arm so she couldn't move.
"You are such a baby" he frowned as he bandaged the cut. "There, done"
Angela pouted. "That hurt" She put a Band-Aid on her hip and sighed. "Stupid kid"
"A child did this to you?" Liam asked. "perhaps you're weaker than I thought" He gave a sarcastic look.
"Well he was like 18." Angela complained. "I guess I should have paid better attention"
"So in truth it is your fault that you are injured." Liam stated. "Your own ignorance caused you to be struck by him"
"Geez thanks for the bluntness" Angela folded her arms. "Ow"
"you do complain a lot" Liam said as he stood. "It is late, I should be going"
"It's 11:00 at night" Angela said. "How about this. In return for your kindness you can stay the night. I have an extra room"
Liam looked very surprised at this offer but Angela insisted. Liam agreed but he seemed a bit uncomfortable with it. "Are you sure?"
"Yeah of course" Angela said. "Just don't be like all my other ex's and try to sneak a kiss while I'm asleep"
"All of her other? Ex's?" Liam thought. He shook his head. "Believe me I won't"
"What's that supposed to mean?" Angela asked.
"I am simply giving you my word that I won't go into your room" Liam said rolling his eyes.. "I meant no insult by it." he sighed shaking his head at her jumping to conclusions.
"hmm" Angela made a face. "Ok good. Your room's over there. Make you self at home, Liam" She smiled and went to bed.
Liam settled in as best he could and fell asleep.