Loyal to a Forgotten King

Um... My What?!

Angela woke up to her phone ringing. She groaned and slowly got up; cringing. She almost cried at the sound of her next employer.
"You were supposed to be here an hour ago!" he client said.
"Sir I apologize but something came up. I can't really move right now." Angela said.
"You've made to many excuses! I no longer need you!" He yelled.
"No please! Sir don't drop me I'm telling the truth I got hurt yesterday and..." Angela hit her head against the wall as he hung up.
"Lost a job?" Liam asked and walked in. "why am i not surprised?"
"it would've been great money" Angela pouted. "A little manual labor but I would have been paid so well!" She whined. She looked up at him.
"It would be best if you avoided labor in your condition" he replied. "you might break a nail"
"You're such a toad!" She hung up the phone and offered her new friend a seat. "Want some food?"
"sure" Liam said. "But how about we go out. My treat"
"Are you serious?" Angela asked.
"Why not?" Liam asked. "It'll be fun"
Angela blushed at his smile. It was so kind. "Ok" was all she could muster. "By the way how tall are you?"
"Why?" Liam questioned.
"Just wondering" Angela said.
"6'2" “Liam still seemed confused as to why she asked his height.
"Really. I thought you were taller" Angela said.
"Do you always ask the height of the men you are with?" Liam asked.
"No" Angela replied. "Only if their taller than me. I'm 5'6" so I’m a bit of a shorty."
"Isn't that average for most women?" Liam asked. "well, woman of your type"
"my type?" Angela asked. She rolled her eyes. "you are so weird"
"Says the one who asks men's height" Liam retorted.
Angela stuck out her tongue. "Let me get my shoes and we can go"
Liam shook his head. Angela was a very strange woman. As she came back he gave her a weird look. "What?" she asked.
"Do you always were things like that?"
"Yeah why?" Angela asked. She was wearing a short skirt and a fitting top.
"Well it is no wonder you attracted the attention of the men last night" Liam said plainly. "If you wore less scanty clothing you might get less attention"
"Hey wait a sec are you calling me a slut" Angela roared.
"I said no such thing but if you wish to take it that way" He got a hit to the arm as he said this and laughed."it may be the reason all the men you meet are as you say... no good" Liam replied. He has such a calm attitude about it that it annoyed the crap out of Angela.
"Look are you going to take me to breakfast or what?" Angela asked.
"I will" Liam said standing. "Shall we go?"
Angela followed him to a small restaurant. On the way, she ran into one of her classmates from college.
"Hi Angela!" her classmate called.
"Susan?" Angela asked. She was less than pleased to say the least. Susan had picked on her since she came to this town. Susan always assumed Angela was a player and dated men for the fun of it. Angela wanted to choke her for it.
"Hey!" Susan called again. "Oh nice friend you have there"
"Oh... well..." Angela said. "He's not..."
"Oh so is he your new boyfriend?" Susan asked. "How long do you think it'll last? More than a week I hope. He’s cute"
"Um... my what?" Angela asked in return. "uh no!"
"You are mistaken" Liam said. "I am simply a colleague that offered to buy her breakfast"
"I get it" Susan laughed. "No strings attached kinda think"
"It is so not like that Susan!" Angela shot back. "He's an associate nothing like that stupid movie! I never go that far! You know damn well!"
"Sure about that?" Susan asked. "Well sorry but I was just wondering since you're always at the bar and dress like that" She smirked. "I wouldn't be surprised if you got knocked up and didn't even remember"
"Witch!" Angela hissed.
Liam sighed and broke up the cat fight. Susan went on her way and Angela glowered at her from behind.
Liam took her inside and they got a table and ordered their food. They talked while waiting.
"Forgive me for asking" Liam said. "But what did she mean by more than a week?"
"Most boyfriends I have only last a week" Angela answered. "but you're not one so it doesn't matter" She sighed.
"You seem to have a bad reputation here" Liam assumed.
"Yeah... it sucks" Angel said. "Maybe you're right."
"On what?" Liam asked.
"On the fact that it's cause of the way I dress" Angela said. "Now that I think about my appearance could use some work. Decent men avoid me like the plague and only... how did you say it? Drunken apes? Well only they seem to be attracted to me. All I want is a guy who cares."
Liam sighed. "You’re really a beautiful woman Angela. If you wanted decent men you could do it"
"Yeah I guess." Angela sighed.
Their food came and they stared eating. Liam was still curios about her. "Why do you go to the bars if all you find is men like last night?"
"I guess... I like the attention." Angela confessed. "Since my parents put me in a boarding school when I was 11, I never really got much attention from anyone. I kept myself busy by watching movies and reading mythology books"
"you're into mythology?" Liam asked. "Know anything about Norse myths?"
"Yeah. It's so weird" Angela said and took a bite. Liam frowned at her comment of Norse myths being weird. They weren't that bad... were they? Angela looked across the room and saw couple sitting together. Her eyes fell onto her plate and Liam noticed this and got an idea. After a few minutes to give them time to eat Liam spoke up again. "you're not the only who likes attention"
Angela looked up a bit worried. "what do you mean by that?"
"I do as well. This could count" Liam asked. "I am paying attention to you by speaking with you and you are paying attention to me by listening. Which for me is pleasurable. Is it not for you?"
"I guess it could be" Angela said relaxing.
"Ah I see" Liam smiled. "You like physical attention. Naughty girl"
Angela tensed. "Not like that. Um..."
"Don’t be worried." Liam said. "I won't do anything to you. I only want to offer you a challenge. A bit of a game"
"ok?" Angela said setting down her fork and turning her head slightly. Liam was so wired. She couldn't figure him out. yet.
"I've read that the true test of a man for loving a woman is no physical contact for a month or more" Liam stated. "I challenge you to that with me."
"Why you?" Angela asked. "you don't love me do you?" She said leaning back.
Trying not to be offended by her tone or her naive question, Liam looked at her in the eye. "I've only just met you. I wouldn't say that I love you. The point is I bet that you could turn into a woman that decent men could be attracted to. I'll help you if you agree to my deal. No physical contact with any men for 2 months"
Angela was shocked by this. "You would help me?"
"I think it'll be fun" Liam said. "Besides I have nothing better to do"
Angela made a face. "Always a hidden reason with men" she thought. "Ok. You got a deal."
Liam smirked. "Excellent"
♠ ♠ ♠
He's being so nice.... oh well.... he was bored