Loyal to a Forgotten King

How to Be a Lady

"I think we should work on your wardrobe first" Liam said. "Any scanty clothing you have should be given away or sold"
"But they're cute" Angela said holding up a pair of shorts.
Liam was surprised at all the short skirts Angela had and all the unworn jeans. After her stuff had been sold to a thrift shop, Liam had to go through the pain of shopping for new clothes for her. That took about 5 hours total for the whole wardrobe process. When they finally left the cashier turned to Liam. "You have quite the lady friend"
"Indeed" Liam said, not getting the hint that the cashier was implying that they were dating. As he left he smiled to Angela. "Now for the fun part."
"That wasn't fun?" Angela asked. "It was for me" She laughed. "Ok so now what?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the next 2 months, Liam made Angela quit going the bars and going out late at night; which was extremely difficult for her. He tried introducing her to wine instead of the alcoholic drinks she got at the bars but they ended up emptying a bottle in one night; most of it was drunk by Angela. She slept till noon the next day so wine was out of the question. Angela got a permanent job as an assistant to a Realtor as a secretary. The no physical contact rule was difficult for her but she went through with it. Even when Liam wasn't with her, like at her college she went to twice a week.
Liam never noticed but he was slowly starting to soften up to this crazy blonde. He loved how she spoke of myths. Even mentioning about how she loved that the Norse god Loki used magic. He corrected her on a few things by accident and made up the excuse that he was an expert on Norse mythology which got Angela asking questions. As she became more and more of a lady, Liam became more and more fond of her. He enjoyed their talks together, how he could be more of himself than back home. And how she seemed over joyed at having his company. She didn't really mind his smart comments and had a fair share of her own as well. On some occasions, they would make it a game of come up with the sharper silver tongue. Liam usually won but it never got too far as to really hurt the other. The games usually ended with them laughing. Part of him was just playing with her for his enjoyment, just to see what someone like her might think of him but part of him wanted too tell her who he was because that part was falling for her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angela didn't like Liam at first, she thought he was too much of a smart ass and bossy. However, the more time she spent with him, the more she started to like this silver tongued gentleman and it proved a challenge to see what was hidden underneath his foolery since she knew he was hiding something. A challenge she was eager to accept and she started to get to know Liam for whom she thought he really was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the end of the 2 month period, Angela was transformed. Going from a wild card that enjoyed 'some fun' to a respectable young woman. She still had her general fun personality and was still a bit of a nerd but she wasn't the girl that streets rats paid attention to anymore. For the last day, Liam took her out for dinner. One the way, they ran into Susan. Angela's classmate squealed with joy at the sight of Liam and gave Angela a hug. "Yay! He's the first that lasted longer than a month!"
Angela wriggled free from her enemies grip. "Susan he's a business friend. We're not together. Geez. What is with you and thinking like that"
"Oh so you're not dating?" Susan asked. "hmm oh well" She saw Angela's new outfit and complimented her on it.
"Thanks" Angela said with a scowl "Liam's helped me a lot. Now can we go?"
"Really?" Susan asked. She turned to Angela's friend. "Maybe I have some issues I need help with" she gave a mischievous look.
"Perhaps you should consider cleansing you mind of sexual gestures" Liam said.
Susan's face turned bright red with anger. "I don't believe you" she spat. "You can keep him Angela" she stormed off.
Angela started laughing. "I don't think I've ever seen her that red! That was awesome! You're truly do have a gift"
She got a laugh out her friend and they continued on their way.

When the food came, Angela watched Liam and started to wonder as she ate. She knew a lot about his interests and things like that but in truth she knew almost nothing about him. Most of their conversations were about her. She didn't know his job, or where he was from... not even his last name. What was this strange Englishman's story? She did hear him talk about a brother of his and how he lived in a palace or castle or something like that. "Is he a prince?" she wondered. So she asked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
He's editing her to his preference i guess??? IDK... just don't ask