Loyal to a Forgotten King

You're a Jerk

Angela soon found out that the men that questioned her were Director Fury of SHIELD and agent Coulson. One of the other Agents was a red head. She was sharp tongued and suggested that Angela see her boyfriend one more time before she was sent home.
Angela sighed. "He's not my boyfriend, god you're as bad as Susan"
The red head smirked. "Just humor me little girl"
Angela pouted. She did want to see him again but what would she say? She was mad at him, sad for him, and even a bit scared of him all at the same time. Plus, a certain feeling that wouldn't go away irritated her more than anything because she didn't know what it was. Fury agreed but under supervision. It annoyed Angela that they thought Loki was such a bad guy. If he was then why did he help her get back on her feet? As they let her in Loki was sitting on the floor. He looked up. "Angela?"
"I'm just here to say goodbye." Angela said.
Loki stood up. "really? I wouldn't have thought"
"That's all you're going to say?" Angela asked.
Loki didn't answer he just looked down. Angela glared at him. "I don't believe you Loki. You lied to me about everything and you have nothing to say?!"
"Angela I..." Loki began.
"You're a selfish liar and a thief! A total asshole!" Angela started to cry.
"Wait, Angela" Loki said. "Why are you crying? You insulted me. Angela stop it"
"You are suck a jerk!" Angela cried.
"Am I?" Loki asked.
"Yes!" Angela said.
"Well then, could you forgive a jerk for a kiss?" Loki leaned forward and placed a kiss on Angela's lips. She stops crying and time froze. "Loki's kissing me?" she thought.
She pulled back and slapped him hard. Not thinking of what to say she stormed out grumbling and both the red head and Fury hid a laugh. She was taken home and sworn to secrecy.
She was allowed to skip her classes by her professor. As strict as he was in class, Mr. Giles was a kind and understanding old man. Being kidnapped by SHIELD would probably spread rumors.
After a week of skipping Mr. Giles actually came by her house. As Angela opened the door, she smiled. "Oh hey Mr. Giles"
"Geez kid you look like a wreck" He said as he was offered inside.
"Yeah I know" Angela said. "I've just been really confused."
"Why'd they let you off the hook anyway? Where's your friend?" Mr. Giles asked.
"I don't know why they let me go and they still have Loki" Angela said as she sat down.
"Loki? I though his name was Liam" Giles asked.
"He... he lied" Angela said.
Her professor could tell she was hurt. "Look Angela" he said, using her first name now that they were in a familiar setting. "If he's involved with the government, than you should forget him. They've become more and more secretive these days." He could tell something big happened but didn't pry. "However if something happened between you two..."
"Nothing did!" Angela said. "I'm not like that anymore, Mr. Giles. I have changed and the only reason I wasn't paying attention was because I was trying to think of a way to get out of school" She slumped over. "I hate being assumed to be things. Everyone did. Everyone but him. He didn't immediately assume anything. He was kind and they treat him like a monster because he's a god" It took a moment for her to process what just came out of her mouth and she gasped. "Uh..."
Mr. Giles was giving her a ‘you just screwed up, didn't you' look. He started laughing at her reaction. "I knew it the moment I saw him kid. So don't look like you just blew my mind."
Angela's jaw dropped. "You knew?"
"Of course I did" Mr. Giles said. "I'm surprised you didn't recognize me"
Angela tilted her head and stared at him. "You're oh my god"
the man smiled. It was Dr. Selvig, from her internship. "Jane wanted me to keep an eye one you. She saw Loki walking home with you so I took up a substitute job for you teacher. By the way. You're a horrible secret keeper"
"Yeah I know I am... but... why were you spying on me?" Angela accused.
"Angela... Loki isn't as good as he might appear." Dr. Selvig said.
"Just don't start" Angela said. "I've had enough lectures about hidden people this week"
"Do you remember the attack on New Mexico?" Dr. Selvig asked.
"The 3 big storms that happened only a few days from each other? Yeah. One of the SHIELD guys said something about that. A giant metal assassin or whatnot"
"Loki sent that here" Dr. Selvig said. "To kill his brother, Thor"
Angela shook her head. "But..." He wasn't lying about being wanted for murder, but lied about the reason. If he was willing to kill his own brother then, he could turn on her in an instant.
"I'm sorry Angela but you're playing with fire. I suggest that you let it be and move on" Dr. Selvig said. "also why do you want to quit school?"
"Thanks Dr. Selvig." Angela said. "Thank you for coming by. And to answer your question about school? Well... I'm turning 28 in a month and I've been in school since I was 4. I'm kind of done with it. That's all"
"I understand" Dr. Selvig said. He stood up. "It's your choice Angela. That's good that you're moving on"
As he left and she shut the door Angela collapsed on her bed. Her head, hurt, her heart hurt, and she was so confused. Loki caused the attack only months ago and yet he seemed so kind. Was a kiss all he was after in the first place? Angela's head hurt too much to think. "Maybe I'll just be one of those crazy old cat ladies when I grow older" She thought. "I'll inherit my parents' fortune when they die so I could do it"
She didn't even bother getting dressed for bed. She just fell asleep right there, everything hurt that night and she didn't want to get up after laying down.