Loyal to a Forgotten King

Trick or Treat

It had been a year since Loki last saw Angela. He was still wondering if his kiss was the right thing. Whatever the choice it felt good and he smiled about it as Fury came in.
"What are you grinning about?"
Loki's smile disappeared and he looked up.
"Don't even think about escaping" Fury said. "We're watching you from every angle, this cell was meant for something a lot stronger than you"
"Oh I've heard" Loki said. "An uncontrollable beast of pure rage. Great to have in a fight"
"No" Fury said with a bored look. "Don't even think about it"
"Oh I’m not." Loki replied. "You don't have to worry about me" his sarcastic tone got the reaction he was looking for out of Fury.
"Well let me know if the prince of Asgard wants a magazine or something" Fury said and left the food on the table. Loki smiled at the things to come. He could feel the tense atmosphere around the SHIELD Base. There was something on everyone's mind and Loki could tell they were wary of something other than him. When people are stressed, they don't pay attention to detail. This was his chance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loki slept against the wall waiting for the right moment. It was so close he could feel it. Everyone in SHIELD was on edge and they were paying less attention to detail. He couldn't wait to get out. Boredom was eating him alive. However he wasn't expecting a man to come through his wall. He stood up as the wall came tumbling down. The man got up and cracked his neck. "Damn dog"
Loki looked outside as the man walked out. A large 3 headed hound was terrorizing the SHIELD agents. This was Loki's chance. He stepped out and looked around. The strange man was trying to control the dog. He must have got fed up so he became some sort of fire demon.
Loki sneaked his way out but ran into Fury. "Don’t move Loki!"
Loki dogged as SHIELD agents flew their way. Fury got distracted by this and Loki made his escape. He passed a room that had a very familiar feel to it. Looking inside, Loki saw the cube; the tesseract. He smirked and reached for it; unaware of the danger behind him. Since he was distracted, he was toppled over by the man that broke his room. "Get off!" Loki hissed.
The man stood up and looked at his unfortunate victim. "Are you an ice wizard?" only asking this since Loki had transformed into his Frost Giant form from touching the tesseract.
"No I am not" Loki said and ducked as a flame licked the room. "However I can use ice to my advantage."
"I'll help you get out alive if you freeze my pet" The man said.
"That beast is you pet?!!" Loki was bewildered at the fact that this fire breathing mutt was this man's pet.
"I am Hades" the man said. "God of the underworld. Hermes the god of thieves loosed Cerberus to this world. If I don't get him under control Zeus will have my head"
"doe it look like I care?" Loki asked. "I have my own way of getting out"
"I can transport you to anywhere you'd like" Hades offered.
Another flame came dangerously close from the mouth of one the dog's 3 heads and Loki got fed up. "Deal" He stood up, grabbed the tesseract and pointed it towards the hell hound. It an instant the dog was a solid chunk of ice.
Hades sighed. "Thank you. Now to fulfill my end" He smirked, put his hand on the dog and disappeared.
"LOKI!" Fury called. "Put the tesseract down!"
"Why should I?" Loki smiled. "It's Asgardian property"
"Now Loki!" Fury's red headed Agent yelled.
Loki glanced at the computer in the room that showed the date and was very amused. "It is the Midgardian festival of hallows eve. What's the phrase? Trick or Treat?" He smiled. "I choose... Trick!" he faded away and the tesseract fell to the ground. Fury had realized he was talking to one of Loki's realistic magical projections.
"At least he left the cube" His red headed agent said.
"Let’s make sure" Fury said. He reached down and touched it, pulling back immediately from the cold. "Yup. It's the real thing" He narrowed his eyes. "But why?"
♠ ♠ ♠
He's way to nice... but I'm not changing it.....