Alone

Calm Before the Storm.

Esphen Maree's Point of View


I sat in the park as I waited to the sound of the birds happily singing their morning songs but I knew that those sounds would never come because they were the sounds from a lifetime that was now nonexistent. Now they were so foreign to me because those sounds had not been heard in months. The only thing that could be heard was the sounds of the dead approaching the park that I was sitting at. Those dead things slowly approached me, probably drawn to the smell of me. I wasn't exactly the nicest smelling person right now but that happens when you haven't had a proper shower in close to a year.

I stared at the dried up fountain and just waited not because I was waiting for a person but because I was waiting for those things to come to me. I wasn't cut out for this new world that was around, I wasn't as strong as one should be for this situation and I was alone which made it harder. This wasn't a world for me anymore. I had grown up with a dad who taught me to fend for myself if I needed to not how to kill. I was taught to hunt, fish, cook and mending. I wasn't cut out for killing people, even if they wanted to eat me. That wasn't me.

Sure I had been on my own in this world for the last year but it was all catching up to me. The death, the lack of food and the constant feeling that I was alone and there was no one that was going to be here to keep me safe and help me. I had no idea if there were other people out there and I did not want to stick around to find out. I had been alone for a year now so it would be better to off myself so that I would never know if there were others.

As the sounds of the dead drew closer, I began to realize what I was really going to do. I was going to let those things get me so that I would end my life and take the chicken shit way out of this life. I had reached the end of my road and I could no longer see any other way to go out. I didn't want to shot myself just in case I missed because then I would suffer and I didn't want to cut myself because then that would take far too long. The more I thought about it the more I realized that this was the dumbest was to go out and it would hurt a hell of a lot more than anything else.

"Move!" A man with a Southern drawl pulled me from my attention as one of the dead lunged at me. I let out a squeal as an arrow went right between his eyes. I stared at the dead as I was yanked to my feet. The person holding onto my arm dragged me from where I was sitting and towards my car that had all my stuff in it. I jumped into the driver seat and started the car. I noticed that two men were now with me. The car roared to life and I sped away from the center of the town.

The men were silent as they tried to calm their breathing and their nerves. I remained silent because I had no idea what to say. They had just saved me because I was too stupid to be aware of my surroundings and to move.

"Ya one dumb bitch, ain't ya?" The man with the crossbow broke the silence. I glanced at him and noticed that his eyes were narrowed at me. "What the fuck were ya doin'?" I looked back to the road and ignored him as I drove further away from the herd. "What? Ain't gon' to answer me?"

"Daryl. Stop." The man in the backseat spoke up. I kept my eyes on the road and let out a shaky breath before pulling my car over.

"I don't know where y'all have been but I think it's best y'all head back that way." I told them as I put the car into park. "I don't want to be a bother for y'all."

"Too fuckin' late." The man with the crossbow who was named Daryl said. The man in the back shot him a glare.

"I'm sorry about him. I'm Rick Grimes and that is Daryl Dixon. We have a group not too far from here. You are more then welcome to come with us. It looks like you could use some company anyway. I'd hate to send you on our way after witnessing you almost give up." Rick said looking at me. I shook my head.

"Take my car and most my supplies. I just need a little bit of it food and ammo for a gun. You can have the rest of it." I told Rick. "Y'all probably deserve it more than I do."

"I want to make sure you are in good healthy before we send you on your way." Rick said looking at me as Daryl just continued to glare. I nodded and looked ahead of me. "What's your name?"

"Esphen."
♠ ♠ ♠
Esphen
Esphen's Outfit