Oh, Dear Mary

Hyde & His Beating Heart

When Mary went downstairs to clean up the kitchen, in which she made a complete mess of, she ran into Olivia, who was caught by Mary cuddling up to Bradshaw, who was their other house servant, and a favorite to Poole. Mary gasped and smiled when Olivia thought it was Poole she quickly released the hand locking from Bradshaw's fingers and gulped, until it was Mary of course who went about her day acting like she didn't see anything.

"Mary.. You aren't-" Mary cut Olivia off by hushing her loudly.

"Why on earth would I ever rat you out if you know who I was messing around with?" Mary gave Olivia an emotionless face of 'You are ridiculous.'

Mary grabbed a rag and wet it, putting soup on it, and started cleaning the tables, Mr. Poole walked in to see Bradshaw, Olivia, and Mary doing what they were actually suppose to be doing. He looked at the three of them, who tried to hold in all the laughter they wanted to protrude out their smiling mouths and he left the room before Bradshaw let out a hard sneer and snickered, causing Mary and Olivia to snicker along with him.
It was the first time in a long time Mary didn't feel to alone, she knew her and Olivia were best friends, but Bradshaw was a honorary member of Mary's friend list and it was exciting to see she had another friend she could talk to and be around without kissing, or perverted feels for her. It was the first and only time Mary didn't think about Jeckyll, or Hyde.
But it ended quickly, Olivia and Bradshaw's faced dropped to the floor and they backed away slowly. Mary didn't want to look behind her, but the facial expressions on the two didn't seem to happy. It wasn't Jeckyll. She looked behind her, closing her eyes gently in the process and folded her arms before opening them again. She moaned in utter shock. There was Hyde, face looking down at the ground and his hair all wet, probably from sweat, his black suit was dirtied, and the tie he wore was ripped up, he looked a wreck.

"Rubbish." Mary looked away, angrily.

Hyde looked up when he heard Mary say such a insult and walked up to her, grabbing her waists. She gasped before he covered her mouth. Bradshaw and Olivia ran out of the room, Hyde knew they were going to Poole so he took Mary's arm hastily and ran out of the house and into the town.

"Mr. Hyde let me go!" Mary shouted in his face before he sprawled backwards, sending fear, FEAR I said, down his own spine. He gazed up and down in her direction and tilted his head. NO facial expressions whatsoever.

"Mary, do you know why I'm here with you? Do you know why I dragged you along with me?" He walked slowly into Mary's space and looked down at her terrified face. She swallowed her pride and imagined why he would take her out on such a foggy evening.

"Must I also know why you're wet, and dirty?" Mary looked at him with such disgrace, she didn't want to be around him in the slightest.

"It seems we both have questions that aren't called for to answer, I suppose." He moved hair from his face and threw it behind his ear before taking off his coat and leaving on the under shirt, he looked like a gothic pirate in Mary's eyes. She shuddered and walked side to side by him, he looked confused, he thought for sure she was going to leave and rat him out, but she didn't. As a matter of fact, Mary finally felt bad for him. He had a bad reputation, and felony in his name for the murders Mary now knew he committed. That didn't mean she had to hate him like she thought she did. Maybe she didn't. But only time would tell.

~ ~ ~

"Mary, there's a park down the road aways. Let's go. I must talk to you about something at once." He took Mary's hand lightly and pulled her to a bench at a local park, Mary never saw this place before and she looked as abnormal as possible. she had a strange feeling about this place. It was more foggy and dark than the other streets, which was strange. But she knew if Hyde wanted nothing bad to happen to Mary, he would protect her with his life.

When Hyde sat down Mary got up on the Bench table and sat down. Her shoes almost touching Hyde's waist. He looked up at her with tears of sadness. Mary scooted down by his side and rested her head on his shoulder, not realizing it at first of course, but soon she felt awkward comforting him, and he has done nothing but wrong her. So why was she being so nice to such a cruel human?

"Mary, since we met each other not even 3 days ago, you struck me. What an electric feeling you zapped me with. Not in a bad way.." Hyde lied his chin on his hands and sighed in exceptional grief. "I wanted to.. Um.. Apolo.. Apologize to you." He clenched his eyes shut, regretting what had just came out of his mouth.

"Why..? She whispered.

"Because of the things I said to you. I have been offensive and I never mean to take it out on such a sweet lady such as yourself." Hyde grunted speaking that whole sentence. Not knowing why he was still talking, he shut up while Mary spoke, fighting the urge to be a dick.

"Uh, well, Mr. Hyde.. It's, it's okay." Mary patted his shoulder, sending sparks down his body. He lifted his head up, his face covered in wet tears, and he did something Mary never expected a man like him to do, he started sobbing and than came the crying. Mary was helpless at this point, she didn't know what to do. He even laid his head on her chest and put his arms around her body as the crying only got worse. She looked up at the sky praying someone would stop his crying, and it worked. As she kissed his forehead to help ease the crying, her and Hyde heard horses and men shouting in the distance. It turns out it was the men who interrogated Mary a couple nights before about whether she saw Hyde since their first encounter, now what if they saw them on each other like this, Mary would be a suspect to a full on murder trial she had nothing to do with.

Hyde forcefully picked Mary off the ground and grabbed her arm again forcefully as they ran off into the foggy roads. Mary screamed in her mind not knowing if they were going to get caught. Mary would end up getting terminated in her duties at the house, and she wanted to not get into so much trouble, because this house she served at was incredible. She felt her life was finally picking up the missing pieces for her since her fathers brutal reality with fate. It rested in her hands once, but she felt she threw it at the Man who killed him. It didn't make her feel so much guilt as it made her feel invincible.

Mary and Hyde ran so fast they couldn't feel it anymore, they didn't realize where they were running to so they just ran, it felt like forever until they found a little hole they crouched in. They crouched down in this small hole together, their faces matched up to each others, not for long, that man was so tall. She looked down at the dirty floor, where cockroaches lingered to Mary's hands, Hyde picked it up and threw it out the hole, and took Mary's hand. He held it up to his beating heart, it was know beating faster, and not from running. Mary figured it out. He never apologizes to anyone, certainly not a nobody of a housemaid. But she knew something was up, she finally realized, Hyde was in love with her. He looked into her scared eyes, the tears filled up again but could never fall, all Mary wanted to do anymore was cry, but she couldn't, because she knew she was stronger than she knew she was.
Soon they heard horses making noises of pain and sadness. Mary started shaking, but Hyde came to her rescue and held her close, also placing his hand over her mouth so she didn't make any harsh grunts or moans that could possibly get them caught.

~ ~ ~ ~

When the men finally disappeared and they were sure no one was coming back, he crouched from out of the hole, twisted himself, his and Mary's back now hurting. He cracked his neck and leaned against the concrete wall that led into the tiny hole. Mary wanted to walk away but the just stared each other down. As Mary had no idea what her feelings for Hyde were, she didn't hate him. She felt this emotion that most likely exist. She felt love and hate and that never existed in the world she lived in, she either just loved someone or hated someone. Like she hated her dad, and loves the Master more than her own Life. Thoughts of him made her not want to be involved in Hyde's escapade but she didn't want to leave him in the dirt to get stepped all over, she knew that feeling more than she wanted to. He hesitated to walk to her, she was only feet away, but he did, he had to do what his mind insisted, no matter how much he wanted to fight the urge, some urges weren't meant to be hid.
He walked to Mary space once more and grabbed her face. He laid his forehead on hers, and took in a deep breath before his lips landed on her own. She got annoyed with how much he thought kissing her was going to happening, but once again she didn't push away. She didn't know why and it made her angry. She moaned in his lips, shuddering him to kiss her even harder, he didn't want to let go but knew it had to happen sooner or later, but for now he enjoyed what he had.
He maneuvered Mary up against the pavement behind her and her body hit it hard causing her to grunt pain that made Hyde more excited. She took her hands and clawed down the back of his shirt and he loved the feeling of her giving away her pleasure in return, he felt he had her in full control. At one point in this she felt she knew he was only controlling her to contain his own pleasure, but whilst in the middle of it, she didn't care. The pleasure got extremely carried away as she wanted more than kissing to happen, but Hyde couldn't bare to have sex with Mary, he didn't know what would happen. That thought made him let go. He locked his hands with Mary and kissed it before he was gone in a flash. Leaving her heavy breathing and she leaned her head back on the pavement and hit her forehead on her palm. She felt stupid for letting him take her in his charm, but something about Hyde on his good days made Mary not so regretful.

~ ~ ~ ~

When she managed to walk herself back to the house, she banged her forehead on the door to the kitchen. She thought her maid days were going to end, torturous acts would be permitted to her and she wasn't ready for any of it.
When she walked in the house was quiet and dark, the lights were off, she thought maybe she could sneak in her room and act like nothing would happen. She managed to always jinx herself because she never gets away with anything.

"Mary.." She heard a familiar voice, it made her break down and cry. She turned around with so much sadness, she couldn't stop crying, it was Doctor Jeckyll, in his pajamas, he must have heard Mary coming in. He had just returned from his lab. "Where were you?" He asked.

Mary stood still and looked down at her dirty shoes before Jeckyll did the same. He finally caught on. He walked up and hugged her dearly. He didn't have anything to be mad at her for, so he just hugged her tightly, not letting go, what such a hug lasted for 5 minutes? Jeckyll's hugs, and they were so amazing. Mary forgot all about what had happened before returning home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brianna's Chapter ~