Oh, Dear Mary

The Confessions

Mary was eager to go into hiding from Hyde as quickly as possible, and wanted to tell the Master everything that has happened. There was no use to hide it anymore, it seemed the Master already knew, as I've said before, so it seemed.
Mary ran up the stairs, now the next morning, thinking of only what had happened with her and Hyde the previous night. She started sweating, but running faster and faster up the stairs as fast as one could run. She needed to breathe as she stopped and clenched her chest for dear life. She sat down for a moment on the ground near the Master's bedroom door, fearing to go inside and that Hyde had told him what happened, now instead of fear, the emotions running through Mary's constant thoughtful mind turned guilty. She hesitated. Very much indeed, and holding on to the door handle, humming horror tunes in her mouth as she slowly turned the nob counter clockwise. She looked down at the tray of food she forgot she had and no realized she has no choice, she remembered it was no her job to deliver the food to him in the mornings, evenings and nights. As permitted. When she opened the door and let out numerous sighs and gulps, she let out a little smile when she saw the Master peacefully in bed, and sound asleep. She took the tray and headed towards the table to set it down, a candle still dimly lit stood before her and she blew it out quietly so she didn't awaken the peaceful sleeping of a wonderful Man she knew would never cause her any harm. She went to the curtains and pulled them over to let in the sunlight, or the fresh breeze at least, there was barely any sun as it was raining and the clouds were overbearing the sun harshly.

Turned opposite of the Master, Mary looked out the window. She loved the sight, even if it was rain she could only see. Out the window there looked on a garden, the Herbs growing out wonderfully and the Peach Tree's she had planted looked on the horizon in Mary's eyes. She smiled and leaned her head against the cool window, watching the rain drizzle down before her.
She heard ruffling behind her but barely noticed the sounds behind her as she was caught up in the beautiful imagery of outside.

She heard that someone had probably woken up and persisted to get back to work without looking in his direction, but she stopped when she saw long black hair filling up her peripheral vision suddenly. She looked to see Hyde sitting up, drilling many holes into Mary's body as he stared so intensely it made her weak.

"Mary, I often wonder why you dislike me, and why I have caused you nothing but love and all I get in return is hate. Why?" He slowly made his way leg by leg off the bed. Mary inched her way to the door as much as she could before he realized she was trying to bolt.

"I don't know Mary, I feel you are defying me. Why must you always DEFY ME?" He screamed, his face getting more serious and not the old quiet Hyde she knew. Quiet, but freaky as Mary once told Olivia one night.

"Sir.. Uh, you didn't do anything wrong if that is what you're implying. It's just.." Mary stopped and looked down at her feet, she couldn't lie, he made Mary uncomfortable and almost forced his control onto her whenever they'd kiss.
Mary slid her way to the door and held her hand behind her back and onto the door handle. She knew he knew what she was about to do, but she felt she could make a run for it.

"Just where do you think you're going Ms. Reilly?" He paced to Mary. "To raise the alarm!" She opened the door and tried to sprint, but Hyde was faster and slammed the door in Mary's face before picking her up and slammed her back into the dresser behind her, sending pain down Mary's spine than made her jolt to the floor. Hyde prevented Mary from landing on the ground, he picked her up and held her as he began to talk in her ear.

"Mary what I am about to tell you isn't easy, may not be easy to understand for us both, but you should know.. I am your master." He grew deeper in his voice as he picked Mary up forward, now them being face to face. Still dazed Mary's head landed on his chest. She didn't realize what was going on for a brief moment.

"Mary, as I've said, I am a very easy man. I do easy things, I make mistakes, I pay for it. But I fess up believe you me, this right here, this very conversation. MARY-" he snapped his fingers getting her attention. She snapped back up into reality, the reality she wished wasn't so real at the time being. "This very conversation is me fessing up, understand so far? Hyde let go of Mary's arms moved to her side. His hands now caressing her face slowly and softly. "Mary, truth is.." He chuckled. "I am your master. I am the real bandit, and I am the sanctuary he shelters in." Mary looked at Hyde in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Mary squealed.

"I mean, I am your Master Mary. As happy and professional as I may be, me being an experiment gone wrong never really bothered me as much as it has been in the past week and a half now." He sighed.

"Experiment?" Mary's voice grew more confused and serious.

"I became a formation, an experiment that was to create a form to help the world rid of crimes. Unfortunately for your 'Master', the formation which insulting came out as a failure become a strong being who's evil came out to be nothing more of an every day hobby." Mary was getting it now. "I am Jekyll Mary, I am your Master." He repeated. "You stole this rage you know, this rage I often thought of as my one way ticket into complete oblivion." He continued.

"Where does it come from, this rage? Mary asked, tears coming to her eyes.

"How should I know. It comes in like the tide." The familiar sound made Mary stare at him in confusion. She let out a soft 'No..' to herself as she couldn't believe he had said what the Master had said to her as they once spoke of her dad.

He let go of Mary who filled with tears in her eyes as he opened the door.

"Now you can leave, rat me out as you so often threaten." Hyde went to the wall corner and watched Mary make her choice. She went to the bed and sat there crying. She didn't want to believe he was the Master, they were two completely different individuals. He came in front of her and bent down placing his cold hands on her lap. "Also.." He went on.

"Oh great.." Mary blew her nose.

"Um, I'm sorry for killing your dad." He whispered.

"WHAT?" Mary slapped Hyde so hard he went back on his ass sending a loud 'ARGH' as he got on his knees.

"Sorry? So you say sorry and expect me to just hug you and say everything is gonna be okay?!" Mary got up and pushed on his and against the dresser he slammed her into.

She threw Hyde onto the bed and folded her arms.

"Since I am standing in front of my nightmares, why don't I ask Why? My dreams itself couldn't answer, maybe you can." She kicked his foot.

"Mary, stop acting like this is wrong. I saw you peeking through the window. Chuckling, and even laughing as I decided his fate, which insultingly enough turned out to send him to hell. As if you care!" He threw his hands up.

He was right, she didn't care, not at all, but how he could keep such secrets is what made her as angry as she was. She ran out of the room and into her own, collapsing on her bed in frustration. She looked at the clock and noticed she had to start cleaning the kitchen. She just couldn't believe the words that echoed out of Hyde's mouth, and why would he even want to admit such things now out of everything? She figured the man in her nightmares looked like Hyde but she didn't want to believe it.

~ ~ ~ ~

She went downstairs to see Mr. Poole and Olivia laughing and talking. As weirded out as it was for Mary, when she entered the kitchen, they both smiled and waved, Mary repeated it as she put her maid hat on. She cleaned out the cabinets, which she had to stand on a ladder for, she peered out the window and looked on to see Hyde running into the Master's lab. She looked around to see if anyone was around, and took of her hat and went down to spy on Hyde to see what else he was up to. She quietly opened the back door and headed to the lab. She was nervous, but wanted to see if what Hyde said was really true.

Se took a deep breath and opened the door. The smell of metal lurked her nose again and in she stepped. Thus began a new chapter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahniah's Chapter ~